2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Multiple sites have him listed at 6'3 227lbs. If he measured at 6'1 then I guess they are wrong, but thats where I got those numbers. Hes still going to blow up the combine. Its possible he runs in the 4.3's at 230lbs

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just a feeling on WR's as we approach the Combine. Little doubt that MHJ is #1, and because of his size I thought that Odunze was #2. But, and not based on a specific Mock, but I'm getting the feeling that Nabers will be the second WR drafted. And I know the argument that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and I have no idea. Just a feeling.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Athletic had a new mock draft today, with trades, in which their NFL beat writers made the picks for the teams they cover:
1. Bears: QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders: QB Drake Maye
3. Falcons: send No. 8, No. 43 and a 2025 first-round pick to Patriots for No. 3 and take QB Jayden Daniels

4. Cardinals: WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
"Had New England stayed at No. 3 and selected Harrison, the Cardinals, who have several needs, would have entertained offers to move back. GM Monti Ossenfort moved back last year and has the draft capital to do so again. But not this time. Not with Harrison still on the board. The Cardinals desperately need playmakers to surround quarterback Kyler Murray, and Harrison is the best in the draft. He provides immediate big-play ability to an offense in need. — Doug Haller"

5. Chargers: WR Malik Nabers
6. Giants: WR Rome Odunze
7. Titans: OT Joe Alt
8. Patriots: OT Olu Fashanu
9. Broncos: send No. 12, No. 76 and a 2025 fourth-round pick to Bears for No. 9 and take QB JJ McCarthy
10. Jets: OT Taliese Fuaga

27. Cardinals: DT T'Vondre Sweat
"With left tackle D.J. Humphries due to miss the bulk of the season because of an ACL injury, the Cardinals could go offensive line here and fill a significant need. No one would argue. But the chance to draft a run stopper such as Sweat is too good to pass. Upgrading the defensive line might be Arizona’s biggest offseason need. The Cardinals have the cap space to do so in free agency, but Sweat (6-4, 362 pounds) gives them an anchor and someone they can build around. — Haller"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dumpster Dan was ultimately considered a disappointment. There are easier ways to find run stuffing defensive tackles.
Not so. People didn't want to pay Dumpster Dan, but then lamented for years that we didn't have a run stuffer. He wasn't all world, but he played an important role for us.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You are going to hate this comment, but you shouldn't take a NT in round 1 who can only play 40% of snaps. That was the argument against Dan Williams when we drafted him. Regardless of the benefit, if he can't play passing downs, a defensive linemen's impact is going to be limited.
No, I get it. Still, he filled a vital role while here, and that hole was a big problem once we lost the dumpster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You are going to hate this comment, but you shouldn't take a NT in round 1 who can only play 40% of snaps. That was the argument against Dan Williams when we drafted him. Regardless of the benefit, if he can't play passing downs, a defensive linemen's impact is going to be limited.
The upside is Vita Vea, but yeah it's usually a bad idea.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Vita played a ton of snaps at Washington tho so his projection was a little different IMO, but I get your point.
I do like to draft with analytics in mind and the amount of run stuffer type DTs who have been worth their first round draft slot is pretty abysmal. DTs overall have a poor track record in round one.

With this draft, there are a handful of third to fourth round options available that are almost as appealing. I think with how bad the Cardinals DL is it will be criminal if they don't make solid free agency signings to pair with draft picks. If Roy Lopez is playing a ton of snaps you have either had a ton of injuries or your plan for the DL sucked.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Vita played a ton of snaps at Washington tho so his projection was a little different IMO, but I get your point.
He's also been a really effective pass rusher. That was never Dan Williams.

Gabe Watson and Alan Branch are also examples of where the Cards just mis-scouted or mis-rated guys who were probably NFL players (Branch especially) but didn't provide comparative value to an average starter.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gabe Watson and Alan Branch are also examples of where the Cards just mis-scouted or mis-rated guys who were probably NFL players (Branch especially) but didn't provide comparative value to an average starter.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is where Sweat is being mischaracterized in my opinion. He's not just Snacks Harrison.

Sweat had 26 hurries and 3 hits on 309 passing snaps last year and 6 batted passes to go with 2 sacks. That's very similar to Vita Vea college stats.

Sweat can affect the quarterback.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is where Sweat is being mischaracterized in my opinion. He's not just Snacks Harrison.

Sweat had 26 hurries and 3 hits on 309 passing snaps last year and 6 batted passes to go with 2 sacks. That's very similar to Vita Vea college stats.

Sweat can affect the quarterback.

Do you just say this stuff without looking it up? Honestly, it's soooooo easy to check your facts and then adjust your opinion.

Vea had 8.5 sacks in his last two years at Washington and 3.5 his Jr season. That sits alongside his 12 TFLs and 5 PDs (5.5 and 4 his last year).

Sweat's Super-senior season (where he's playing against a bunch of relative children much of the time), he has 2 Sacks (which is the total for his last two years) and 8 TFLs. This dude in a run-stuffer.