23-24 Arizona Coyotes Regular Season thread

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every time I see these gameday "Where to Watch" things, I feel like my heart gets punched a little.

The antenna thing is kind of a pain, but the worst part is having to watch live. Can't pause or record when I'm not available for the broadcast so if I'm busy, I'm SOL. Welcome to the Future where everything seems to be going backwards!! :computer:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The antenna thing is kind of a pain, but the worst part is having to watch live. Can't pause or record when I'm not available for the broadcast so if I'm busy, I'm SOL. Welcome to the Future where everything seems to be going backwards!! :computer:
I can hardly ever watch the games live and I don't want to throw money into a temp system to record over the air games just for the games. Hopefully they'll get this on DTV and/or stream soon. The worst part is when games are on ESPN+ or something, they are freaking blacked out because of OTA broadcasts, which makes no sense at all. :(

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't but I do have the Sports package with the nee-Fox Sports now Bally Sports channels.

I'm pretty sure I do to, but I still couldn't tune in 675. :shrug: Antenna worked as expected, so no big deal, but it would be nice if I could watch these on sat again. This crap is exhausting.

That and our defensive coverage with 3:30 to go. :bang:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I do to, but I still couldn't tune in 675. :shrug: Antenna worked as expected, so no big deal, but it would be nice if I could watch these on sat again. This crap is exhausting.

That and our defensive coverage with 3:30 to go. :bang:
Yeah, it weird that some people got it and some didn't. KTAR's Bob McClay informed me that the game was on DTV and I immediately checked it and was really surprised. I have the Coyotes set to season record and sure as chit, the game was there in my queue. So I should just check my recording list after the first couple of minutes to see if a game is actually available.

Every game so far has started recording on other channels, but immediately stopped after a minute due to blackout rules, so I was pleasantly surprised last night, even though I watched it live at that point, which was just starting the 3rd period.

Good game, but yeah, the D in the closing minutes was very suspect. I still haven't been able to watch Cooley excel at anything as this is only the 2nd game that I have been able to watch, (and only the 4th period all year that I've seen) but I hope he gets some confidence in his shot.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it weird that some people got it and some didn't. KTAR's Bob McClay informed me that the game was on DTV and I immediately checked it and was really surprised. I have the Coyotes set to season record and sure as chit, the game was there in my queue. So I should just check my recording list after the first couple of minutes to see if a game is actually available.

Every game so far has started recording on other channels, but immediately stopped after a minute due to blackout rules, so I was pleasantly surprised last night, even though I watched it live at that point, which was just starting the 3rd period.

Good game, but yeah, the D in the closing minutes was very suspect. I still haven't been able to watch Cooley excel at anything as this is only the 2nd game that I have been able to watch, (and only the 4th period all year that I've seen) but I hope he gets some confidence in his shot.

I think Cooley is focusing on other parts of his game which are slowly improving. He's good for a terrible turnover or 3 every game, but they seem to be getting less and less egregious as the season progresses. Space is harder to find in the NHL and between that and Coach's "stay responsible" voice in his head, I'm guessing it's holding back his offense a bit. He's so young, and I can see how hard he's working, so I'm not worried.

Our D-men, on the other hand are suspect and I don't think that's very surprising at this stage of the rebuild. Yotes were recently involved in talks to land Hanifin, so I'm pretty sure Armstrong is well aware too. We're in a great place with our stockpile of picks to make some moves for that need.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky