3 days until the draft and NYGiants are desperate...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...to trade up with San Diego if Jurecki's report is corrrect. Negotiations are now serious. If true, the Giants are nutz!

If this trade occurs, our mock drafts are going to be decimated because the chain reaction will be hard to predict.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
...to trade up with San Diego if Jurecki's report is corrrect. Negotiations are now serious. If true, the Giants are nutz!

If this trade occurs, our mock drafts are going to be decimated because the chain reaction will be hard to predict.
Manning still goes #1 to the Giants and Gallery would go #4 to San Diego IMHO.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Does anyone else really want the Raiders to draft Fitzgerald so we'll trade down?

I kind of hope that the Raiders draft Fitz, but not so we'll trade down.

I hope they take him so that we can draft Sean Taylor at #3 and then draft one of the very, very good wideouts that will be available in Round 2, and will have time to develop while playing out of the slot.

:thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Does anyone else really want the Raiders to draft Fitzgerald so we'll trade down?
I want the Raidahs to take Fitz not just for trade-down posibilities, but so we'll be have to take a different player even if we stay put. Gimme Roethlisberger, Taylor, Roy Williams or Gallery, please.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Renz said:
Manning still goes #1 to the Giants and Gallery would go #4 to San Diego IMHO.
This actually make sense.

SD needs offensive lineman and Marty needs to win now not in 2 or 3 years when Eli is ready.

NYG is reaching the money end with Collins they need a young QB to be ready in 2 or 3 years.

The question is who does OAK take???

We know who AZ wants to take probably.

OAK takes Fitz then it gets interesting:

1. Winslow
2. Taylor
3. Mike or Roy

or Trade down from 3 to 7 and let CLE take Gallery before SD. Take Mike or Roy at 7 since Winslow and Taylor will likely not be there.

If Gallery is gone who does SD take?

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JD Robertson said:
Skkorp

What Jurecki report are you talking about?

JD

I just turned on the radio and heard Jurecki say the Giants are now pushing hard to make a deal with San Diego.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
All I know is we'd better tune the TV in to ESPN early Saturday, as I imagine Berman and Co. will be in high gear from the get go!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I kind of hope that the Raiders draft Fitz, but not so we'll trade down.

I hope they take him so that we can draft Sean Taylor at #3 and then draft one of the very, very good wideouts that will be available in Round 2, and will have time to develop while playing out of the slot.

:thumbup:

I'm with you on Taylor. If the Bolts are at #4 though and the Browns are at #7 and they both want Gallery, does anyone think we can scare SD into trading up a spot?

But, if it doesn't happen, I'd be just as happy with Taylor at #3. Unlike you I want to wait until the 3rd round to go offense. SLB in Round 2(sorry I know he's your boy, but things don't look good for Fisher).

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys are wrong on Fitz.
You don't want Fitz for various reasons fine. But Fitz is a top 2 pick in this draft.

Gallery and Fitz are the 2 top players in this draft.

Eli gets the QB exemption so is rated higher then he should be ditto Ben.
Winslow and Taylor both have issues.

Fitz and Gallery are as PERFECT a draft pick as you can get. They are the Julius Peppers, Bryant McKinnie, Suggs, Newman etc of this draft.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Fitz and Gallery are as PERFECT a draft pick as you can get. They are the Julius Peppers, Bryant McKinnie, Suggs, Newman etc of this draft.
You could have come up with better slam dunks than these.

Also, way to go--you just jinxed at least one of them...
:stick:

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I just turned on the radio and heard Jurecki say the Giants are now pushing hard to make a deal with San Diego.

Thanks Skkorp.

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen:
Giants - Manning
Raiders - Fitz
SD - Gallery
Cards - Taylor/Winslow

If we could make the Chargers think we are dealing w/Browns then we can rake them over the coals. They just traded out of number 1 and then not get the guy that Shottenheimer wants if we can convince them Cleveland is going to take him. Then we take either Taylor or Winslow at 4 w/multiple picks in the top of round 2.

spanky1

Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I'm with you on Taylor. If the Bolts are at #4 though and the Browns are at #7 and they both want Gallery, does anyone think we can scare SD into trading up a spot?

But, if it doesn't happen, I'd be just as happy with Taylor at #3. Unlike you I want to wait until the 3rd round to go offense. SLB in Round 2(sorry I know he's your boy, but things don't look good for Fisher).

Why on earth would the Chargers trade up with us after just trading down with NY (if they did this)? If it's Gallery that they want, just draft him #1.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
You guys are wrong on Fitz.
You don't want Fitz for various reasons fine. But Fitz is a top 2 pick in this draft.

Gallery and Fitz are the 2 top players in this draft.

Eli gets the QB exemption so is rated higher then he should be ditto Ben.
Winslow and Taylor both have issues.

I've never questioned Fitzgerald's abilities. He's going to be a very good NFL player. I just don't see the point of drafting a WR at #3 overall when we drafted a Top 5 rookie WR and best rookie WR last year. Let's change it up a little instead of putting a lot of $ and important picks into one position.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Why on earth would the Chargers trade up with us after just trading down with NY (if they did this)? If it's Gallery that they want, just draft him #1.

I never meant it to be realistic. I was just thinking out loud.

But remember you can never underestimate the stupidity of the Bolts (or the Cardinals for that matter) on draft day decisions.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
...Bryant McKinnie...

Did you know...

Minnesota gave up only two fewer sacks than Arizona did in 2003? Thank God they drafted Mt. McKinnie seventh overall. All he's done is disappoint.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
You could have come up with better slam dunks than these.

Also, way to go--you just jinxed at least one of them...
:stick:
These are guys I had pegged as slamdunks before the draft. Other guys I liked over the years before the draft: Randall McDaniel I loved him!, Pearson, Eli NOT Leaf, Moss, Trufant, Gross and too many to name.

Of course I have had a few whiffs too. One guy I was wrong on was Culpepper I thought DG should have passed on him - silly me. That taught me a good lesson. Another guy I was wrong on was Wendell Bryant. When the Cards took him I realized perhaps I had made an error ;)

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Did you know...

Minnesota gave up only two fewer sacks than Arizona did in 2003? Thank God they drafted Mt. McKinnie seventh overall. All he's done is disappoint.
Oh my God this is pure BS. Most of the sacks came from the other side and the other players or because there were no outlet recievers in patterns - but the time to pass was there.

The team was struggling like hell and Culpepper (DC) was struggling and then McKinnie signed came in without a camp at the end of the season AND TURNED THE OFFENSE AROUND. DC became a changed man.

The next year DC went to the PRO-BOWL as a QB and the Vikes had the number 1 offense in the NFL. What changed? The addition of McKinnie. Disappoint? This kid is one of the best LTs in football. Trust me I have seen every game the Vikes have played several times.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think it will be Manning and Gallery (in either order) off the board with picks #1 and #2 - regardless of the team who eventually picks them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did you know...

...that Daunte Culpepper was tied for third in the NFL among QBs in fumbles, with five? That must be because of all those blitzers coming from his non-blind side. No fault to McKinnie on that.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Oh my God this is pure BS. Most of the sacks came from the other side and the other players or because there were no outlet recievers in patterns - but the time to pass was there.

Actually this statement is complete BS.

Actually McKinnie sucked last year. He allowed more sacks then the whole right side and the C. Compared of the rest of his line, here are the players on the oline and how many sacks they allowed.

LT - McKinnie - 11 sacks allowed
LG - Liwienski - 4.5 sacks allowed
C - Birk - 2 sacks allowed
RG - Dixon - 3.25 sacks allowed
RT - Rosenthals - 5.5 sacks allowed

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/findplayer.asp

Just to compare to what good numbers should be:

LT - Shelton - 3.25 sacks allowed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member