3 days until the draft and NYGiants are desperate...

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Did you know...

...that Daunte Culpepper was tied for third in the NFL among QBs in fumbles, with five? That must be because of all those blitzers coming from his non-blind side. No fault to McKinnie on that.
This is pathetic I took your word for Shelton but you won't take mine for McKinnie.

Check out how many fumbles DC had BEFORE MCKINNIE joined then team with a few games left in the season 2 years ago. DC's fumbles went down.

Plus DC has always been a fumbler, in part because he runs a lot and also because he has small hands. Most of the fumbles occured in the open field as he was moving.

Nice try though.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Actually this statement is complete BS.

Actually McKinnie sucked last year. He allowed more sacks then the whole right side and the C. Compared of the rest of his line, here are the players on the oline and how many sacks they allowed.

LT - McKinnie - 11 sacks allowed
LG - Liwienski - 4.5 sacks allowed
C - Birk - 2 sacks allowed
RG - Dixon - 3.25 sacks allowed
RT - Rosenthals - 5.5 sacks allowed

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/findplayer.asp

Just to compare to what good numbers should be:

LT - Shelton - 3.25 sacks allowed

I can hear it now....

Baseless media bias!!
FACT: McKinnie is good!!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

Actually McKinnie sucked last year. He allowed more sacks then the whole right side and the C. Compared of the rest of his line, here are the players on the oline and how many sacks they allowed.

Vikesfan=
You must be registered for see images

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

You must be registered for see images

"McKinnie is, and was, the best offensive lineman to play the game of football. Randy Moss is an upstanding young man. That is all."

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay so using this logic Rosenthal who is the worst starting tackle in football is a better player then McKinnie.

DC would get sacked after having enough time to release the ball. Or as he was starting to take off to run.

I watched every game he played he is pro-bowl level after playing a year and a half in the NFL.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Okay so using this logic Rosenthal who is the worst starting tackle in football is a better player then McKinnie.

DC would get sacked after having enough time to release the ball. Or as he was starting to take off to run.

I watched every game he played he is pro-bowl level after playing a year and a half in the NFL.
"Please disregard the statistics you see in front of you. They are meaningless American propoganda. Did I say statistics? What statistics? Everything is fine."

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TSN "The last 4 first rounders K Williams, B McKinnie, M Bennett, C Hovan have been SOLID OR BETTER."

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
TSN "The last 4 first rounders K Williams, B McKinnie, M Bennett, C Hovan have been SOLID OR BETTER."

K. Williams - Solid (but still a DT, requiring them to draft another DE this draft)
B. McKinnie - Solid (but still allowed 11 sacks in 2003)
M. Bennett - Better
C. Hovan - Totally overrated, but solid in a "Kyle Vanden Bosch" kind of way.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
This is pathetic I took your word for Shelton but you won't take mine for McKinnie.
Why should anyone have to "take your word?" :doi:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
C. Hovan - Totally overrated, but solid in a "Kyle Vanded Bosch" kind of way.
Ouch! I can't tell if that's a "zinger," or a "back-handed compliment."

Robin Williams: "Those guys over there said you weren't fit to sleep with pigs. But I stood up for you,"
Rick Moranis: "Thanks."
Williams: "I said you were."
-(I forget the name of the movie, something like "Club Med.")

Last edited:

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
You guys are wrong on Fitz.
You don't want Fitz for various reasons fine. But Fitz is a top 2 pick in this draft.

Gallery and Fitz are the 2 top players in this draft.

Eli gets the QB exemption so is rated higher then he should be ditto Ben.
Winslow and Taylor both have issues.

Fitz and Gallery are as PERFECT a draft pick as you can get. They are the Julius Peppers, Bryant McKinnie, Suggs, Newman etc of this draft.

Of course they are wrong. Green said so.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hovan's problem last year was he gained weight. He has lost the weight this offseason. Let's see what happens. The other thing is he was doubleteamed a lot which helped K Williams get his sacks.

When McKinnie came in DC's Turnovers went down and the team went 4-3 with him (before him 2-7)

Next year went 9-7 with him and had the number one offense in the NFL and DC's Turnovers stayed down.

The reason he gave up that many sacks was because DC would hold onto the ball too long because he would not have enough WRs in patterns. Ask any Vikes fan who watched the games last year. The OL would give him enough time repeatedly. Another thing DC would do was take the sack rather then just put the ball up for grabs.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Straight from a NY paper:

Giant four-sight

Accorsi: Trading up is unlikely

By RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

The Giants would love to trade up for the No.1 pick in the NFL draft to select Eli Manning, or trade up to No.2 to get Robert Gallery. But with the draft three days away, it looks more like they will stay put at No. 4.
According to several NFL sources, the Giants have had only very preliminary conversations with the Chargers and Raiders, who hold the first and second picks, respectively. And the Giants are becoming convinced those teams will hold onto those picks.

Add that to the news yesterday that Chargers GM A.J. Smith plans to open negotiations with the agents for both players today, and even Giants GM Ernie Accorsi conceded a move up to No. 1 may be only a fading dream.

"If you asked me to put my $2 down, I'd say they're going to keep it and make the pick," Accorsi said on WFAN yesterday. "In the final analysis I think they won't (trade), but I think they want to see what they can get."

Accorsi said the Chargers "haven't set a price yet." According to one team official, Accorsi's only conversation with Smith came last week when he told the Chargers to call back if they were interested in trading. As of yesterday, they hadn't done so, though Accorsi admitted "I'll probably talk to them again" before the Friday deadline Smith set for making a deal.

If the Giants remain stuck at No.4, they would have no shot at Manning or Gallery, and Pitt receiver Larry Fitzgerald - the apparent target of Arizona at No. 3 - would likely be off the board, too. If that happens, according to a source, the Giants' choice would likely come down to Texas receiver Roy Williams or Miami of Ohio QB Ben Roethlisberger, whom Accorsi called "a terrific prospect" and a potential franchise quarterback.

Miami safety Sean Taylor would be a possibility, though Accorsi said "some people want him very badly and may come to us to get him." In that event, the Giants could trade down. The Cleveland Browns, at No.7, could be a trade partner, since they're reportedly interested in moving up for Roethlisberger.

Originally published on April 21, 2004

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just turned on the radio and heard Jurecki say the Giants are now pushing hard to make a deal with San Diego.
I heard what Oran just reported out of the NYC media. Namely that the Giants are trying, but are taking the public position that it's not likely to happen.

No doubt they're still trying though. My take - Unless the Giants give in and offer up their second round pick, it ain't gonna happen.