49er Sellout answer and other uncertainties

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I emailed Darren Urban to ask if the game had been sold out yet. He answered he anticipates it will be announced as a sellout this afternoon. Let us hope he is correct. The 72 hour local blackout cutoff time is 6:30 PM today.

Interesting questions this game may begin to answer for us:

1. Whether we have any real oline depth at the critical OT spot. If OLT Mike Gandy cannot play and Levi Brown moves from right to left side, who plays right? And what happens to our pass blocking and run blocking?

2. How effective will Tim Hightower and JJ Arrington be now that there is video evidence to properly prepare to stop that tandem? Will Tim continue to produce a real run threat for us?

3. How limiting is Fitgerald's thumb injury?

4. Can our defense sustain its recent improved play? Will we ever be able to limit that beast, Frank Gore?

5. Will another unknown QB starter gash us again?

6. Will DRC start at CB and will he avoid getting burned for a big play(s) when tested?

7. Will Antrel Rolle, NFL caliber FS, show up again? Or will his evil twin bust-in-progress, Antron, make his usual whiffing appearance.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
7. Will Antrel Rolle, NFL caliber FS, show up again? Or will his evil twin bust-in-progress, Antron, make his usual whiffing appearance.

For the record, Antron is a bad ass. Antrel is the bust.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ? First I heard of it, when how bad ???

Benn on the injury report all week and been limited in practice. But havent been told what is wrong other than a thumb.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Whether we have any real oline depth at the critical OT spot. If OLT Mike Gandy cannot play and Levi Brown moves from right to left side, who plays right? And what happens to our pass blocking and run blocking?

LBrown
EBrown
Sendlein
Latui
Wells

????

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon Keith is my guess.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That would mean less experience but also less of a shakeup of the offensive line.

But God help us if Levi Brown is the Left Tackle. On the other hand Manny Lawson isn't that much of a threat as a pass rusher is he?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would mean less experience but also less of a shakeup of the offensive line.

But God help us if Levi Brown is the Left Tackle. On the other hand Manny Lawson isn't that much of a threat as a pass rusher is he?

Just move Keith over to LT. I never understood making two line changes because of one injured player.

seesred

Reaction score
Gandy has not be labled out. Questionable for this tough guy most likley means He is playing at least some snaps

GBR

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Gandy has not be labled out. Questionable for this tough guy most likley means He is playing at least some snaps

GBR

We're gonna need a fully capable LT to keep Willis away from Kurt!! Otherwise, it could be back to Turf Warner again... :bang:

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading all the comments, good points all (dream's I like best) my gut tells me we should just rest Gandy and do something else, anything else. Because we should still win this game, gulp, and need a fully healthy Gandy here on out.

Seriously, outside of Lyle Sendlein, since we are so thin at center (centre for Brits and Canadians), he is our most critical offensive lineman, agreed?

Caveat: What Whisenhunt chooses, I endorse. Stinking Shanahan and Belichick have taught the league to push the honesty envelope when making injury reports.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I emailed Darren Urban to ask if the game had been sold out yet. He answered he anticipates it will be announced as a sellout this afternoon. Let us hope he is correct. The 72 hour local blackout cutoff time is 6:30 PM today.

Interesting questions this game may begin to answer for us:

1. Whether we have any real oline depth at the critical OT spot. If OLT Mike Gandy cannot play and Levi Brown moves from right to left side, who plays right? And what happens to our pass blocking and run blocking?

2. How effective will Tim Hightower and JJ Arrington be now that there is video evidence to properly prepare to stop that tandem? Will Tim continue to produce a real run threat for us?

3. How limiting is Fitgerald's thumb injury?

4. Can our defense sustain its recent improved play? Will we ever be able to limit that beast, Frank Gore?

5. Will another unknown QB starter gash us again?

6. Will DRC start at CB and will he avoid getting burned for a big play(s) when tested?

1. Sounds like Gandy is going to play, Wiz called him one of the toughest players on the team and said it would be tough to keep him off the field. Coachspeak for - hes playing

2. I think they will. Its not like San Fran can stack up against the run and we ran on them at home, with Edge, and not having the same passing threat we do.

3. I hope that injury report is accurate. I think it was pretty obvious the thum effected him last week.

4. This is the week I would like to see Watson return to 07 form

5. My biggest fear in this game

6. He'll get burned but we have a damn fine back up option if it seems he is overmatched

7. Ahh only Antrell/Antron knows for sure. Quit going for the kill shot bro and make a couple plays on the ball everygame and you'll be a pro bowler

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is the week I would like to see Watson return to 07 form

I was watching the DVR of the Rams game last night for a while in frame by frame and was surprised at how well Gabe played. Several tackles where another player got credit but the ball carrier was initially stopped by the 400lb ballerina.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew. 5:08 PM Darren Urban blog says game is a sellout. No blackout.

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score

Actually, in terms of being activated, Elliot Vallejo got the heads up over Brandon Keith in the first couple of games. If push comes to shove and E. Brown is not available for RT, they will put Vallejo in. He looked impressive in the preseason games.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
Whew. 5:08 PM Darren Urban blog says game is a sellout. No blackout.

So I was setting up my TiVo today and I saw that the game is also broadcasted on channel 3. Does anyone know if this will blackout the ESPN coverage?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know, a sentence I read just clicked in my head. Remember that 49er game earlier in the year? Remember how a lot of people were stoked we had a running game? And that was with Edge, folks...man, look for the Burst to have a ginormous running day tomorrow!

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
scout.com on weighing options to replace Gandy

Cardinals Weigh Options to Replace Gandy
You must be registered for see images

Mike Gandy (Stephen Dunn/Getty)
By Scout.com

Posted Nov 7, 2008

The Cardinals' offensive line has managed to stay intact this season, with the same five starters in all eight games. That streak is threatened this week, however, by left tackle Mike Gandy's sprained right ankle. Gandy suffered the injury in last week's victory over the Rams, and he was limited in Thursday's practice, the club's first full workout of the week.

Mike Gandy experienced soreness in the practice, so he didn't work out long.

The Cardinals have a couple of options in replacing him. In last week's game, they moved right tackle Levi Brown to the left side, where he played in college at Penn State. Elton Brown took over at right tackle.

But that was a decision made within a game, and the club could go a different way in order to avoid making a double move. Elliot Vallejo, in his first year on the regular roster, is the obvious choice.

Vallejo has been inactive the past four games and didn't play in the first four this season when he was active. He spent last year on the practice squad.

Coaches were pleased with Vallejo's development during the offseason but his inexperience would make a starting assignment

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05