49ers | Gore frustrated and may demand a trade

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Frank Gore is "frustrated" by the slow pace of contract talks with the 49ers.

We had a feeling this was coming. Gore was lured back to training camp by a promise to "earnestly" look at his contract, but DeAngelo Williams' $21 million guaranteed at age 28 isn't helping matters for a player the same age with more tread on his tires. While there's no question the 49ers want to lock up Gore, they don't want to overpay just because Carolina did. Profootballtalk hears the situation is "volatile," and Gore may request a trade as the next step.

rotoworld

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
rotoworld

We should see if we can get him because he just kills us at least once a year.

The baseball Cardinals do that. Andres Galarraga just murdered them when he was with the Expos. So they go sign him. Larry Walker killed them with the Rockies so they sign Walker. Lance Birkman killed them when he was with the Astros and so they sign him.

Every one of those deals worked out very well for St.Louis.

:D

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
Never ever! Not even for a 1st round pick. He will be signed before Game 1 of the regular season. Knowing Gore, even if he wasn't signed, he'd still play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gore is just upset that the 49ers won't bonus for trips on the ir. New hip does not equal a fat new contract.

Black T

Reaction score
No thanks, we already have 1 glass running back on the roster, we dont need 2.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Coach Jim Harbaugh dismissed reports of Frank Gore's frustration with the slow pace of contract discussions as "water cooler talk."

"No, I don't sense any unhappiness with Frank," Harbaugh said. "... Like I’ve said all along, hopefully soon there’s a deal that is fair to Frank and the 49ers. I'm looking forward to that and I know our organization is." Gore has his mind on football while preparing for the start of the season, but it's a good bet that agent Drew Rosenhaus is driving the reports to prod the 49ers into action.

rotoworld

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Even if the 49ers were willing to trade him, no way in hell they do business with the Cards. Not gonna happen unless they think he is really broke or washed up.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I almost want Gore to stay with the 9ers just because as it stamds they may be bad enough to get Luck. If gore is there they should win a few games..

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If the opportunity where to present itself ? Hell, yes.

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The baseball Cardinals do that. Andres Galarraga just murdered them when he was with the Expos. So they go sign him. Larry Walker killed them with the Rockies so they sign Walker. Lance Birkman killed them when he was with the Astros and so they sign him.

sigh...if only adam wainwright didn't hurt his arm....i am depressed but the 11 signing really cheered me up

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
sigh...if only adam wainwright didn't hurt his arm....i am depressed but the 11 signing really cheered me up
That just killed the team... Also, the trade for Rasmus should've been completed a month earlier...

That team has quit now btw... Kind of hard to win the divison when you lose 10 straight, blow more saves than any team in the MLB, have more walk-off losses than any team in MLB, and ground into more double plays than any team in the MLB.:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Didn't Gore have both knees operated on while still in college, and tack all the recent injuries from the NFL...I think the Niners have every right to not want to overpay for a back who to me does not have much time staying in one piece. Gore is a professional and warrior though, but there is only so much a body can take.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Dude, why would you even think San Fran would trade gore to the cardinals? Thats like the U.S. Selling tanks to Iraq..

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I'm sure Gore is unhappy, but there's not much he can do. In the new CBA I think players who hold out get fined $30,000-a-day. He'll Play.

No chance he'll be traded, IMO.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dude, why would you even think San Fran would trade gore to the cardinals? Thats like the U.S. Selling tanks to Iraq..

That's fans man. The teams don't really care where players they consider over the hill go. It's like the U.S. selling tanks to Iran that don't work anymore.

By the way the U.S. is probably selling plenty of tanks to Iraq. :)

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score

Unfortunately, I think we just gave them all the tanks they needed because they will sell us plenty of oil...NOT.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Gore has maybe two more years of being any good. Don't need him, don't want him, can't win with him(I just dropped my pants to the floor when I typed that) :D

Wells will have a better year anyway.