5 things you LOVE about the Dallas Mavericks

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Umm I absolutely loathe the Mavs - I realize this thread is tounge and cheek but the only thing i like about the team is the emblem (the horse one) and the name "mavericks".....And you have to have respect for Dirk

But heres why i hate them:

Top of the list - Mark Cuban: Yeah he spends money - but like CS said he is an attention *****, thinks he is bigger and smarter than the game, doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, wears the most ridiculous clothes for a billionaire (at least where a Derek Harper throwback or something), and loves to dig at everybody. I cant understand how everyone on this board doesn't have contempt for him after those comments about Nash on Letterman. Totally classless.

I hate how people think Josh Howard is an all star when he couldn't hold Joe Johnsons junk in a box

I hate how anyone who dons that uniform beomces whiny

I hate the accent, bible thumping, overall demeanor of "Napoloean part 2"

I hate how they think they are the 80's Detroit Pistons all of a sudden

I hate how Jerry Stackhouse is punk who punched Jeff Hornecek

I hate the bush league antics they pull at the arena

I hate Del Harris

I hate Don Nelson

I hate the Cowboys

I hate the show "Dallas"

I hate the movie "Maverick"

I hate former Laker Devean George

I hate the face of Darrell Armstrong (is he even on the team anymore?)

I hate Jason Terry and his JET antics (even though he went to UA)

I hate PG's from Wisconsin

I hate their calvacade of assistants

I hate Cuban running on to the floor

I hate Cubans blogging

I hate how their fans think that George, Buckner, and Diop are good depth. Please the difference between those guys and Jalen Rose, Jumaine Jones, and Sean Marks is that Johnson gives them a chance to play.

I hate Greensboro Hill;)

I LOOOOVE how they choked in the Finals last year

I hate how they think they would have beat us last year with a healty Raja Bell

I hate how they forget we beat them the year before w/o the services of JJ at the end

But most of all I hate how they win. I really hate it. Its a credit to their coach and best player though because i dont think their talent is even close to ours...

Screw the Mavericks
I love your post. It cancels out some of those crazy mavs fans. I love how the cowboys come up on a suns thread.

I love mark cuban. Sure he is like the biggest suns/mavs/spurs/lakers/ect.. whiner on the planet combined in one person. But he has taken a franchise that was lucky to seat 5000 on a good night and molded it into a true contender.

I love josh howard. He is a hard nosed player. I love how he plays against the suns and other top quality teams. I love how he penetrates the lane without much defense. I love how he post's up a guy and makes a crazy shot look routine for an and1. I love that 3 he nailed that sealed game 6 of the WC. I love how he guards any opposing player that he is asked to and typically does it well.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I love how Mavs fans fall back argument always goes back the royal choke job finals appearence last year despite walking away with the same number of titles as Phoenix in the end. :doi:

I love how Avery Johnson considers the Mavs a "Points in the Paint team" but the statistics show they score less then the Spurs and Suns in the paint. :koolaid:

I love how Mavs fans keep saying we can't get stops when we need yet there have been several games that say otherwise (like Spurs) and as if 4 out of 7 games in a series would come down to a miracle Dirk shot. :rolleyes:

I love how the Mavs fans call our regular season record fools gold but if you apply that logic to last year's Heat team against the elite and the results?!?! Then I say thank you Mavs fans..that's a compliment. :thumbup:

Most of all I love Mavs fans because they easily get their feelings hurt and the 4 things above I just said just made it even worse. ;)
I love that dirk miracle shot as well. That shot took the mavs to a level that they had never been. I also love the rest of the points that dirk scored in that game. I love the way the mavs finished the spurs off in OT as well in S.A. I loved listening to all of those spurs fans whine about that loss. I love the aggressiveness of manu ginobli! If he let's dirk's shot go uncontested the mavs would have still needed at least another shot to tie or win the game. GINOBLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love raja's miracle 3 that beat the lakers!!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Umm I absolutely loathe the Mavs - I realize this thread is tounge and cheek but the only thing i like about the team is the emblem (the horse one) and the name "mavericks".....And you have to have respect for Dirk

But heres why i hate them:

Top of the list - Mark Cuban: Yeah he spends money - but like CS said he is an attention *****, thinks he is bigger and smarter than the game, doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, wears the most ridiculous clothes for a billionaire (at least where a Derek Harper throwback or something), and loves to dig at everybody. I cant understand how everyone on this board doesn't have contempt for him after those comments about Nash on Letterman. Totally classless.

I hate how people think Josh Howard is an all star when he couldn't hold Joe Johnsons junk in a box

I hate how anyone who dons that uniform beomces whiny

I hate the accent, bible thumping, overall demeanor of "Napoloean part 2"

I hate how they think they are the 80's Detroit Pistons all of a sudden

I hate how Jerry Stackhouse is punk who punched Jeff Hornecek

I hate the bush league antics they pull at the arena

I hate Del Harris

I hate Don Nelson

I hate the Cowboys

I hate the show "Dallas"

I hate the movie "Maverick"

I hate former Laker Devean George

I hate the face of Darrell Armstrong (is he even on the team anymore?)

I hate Jason Terry and his JET antics (even though he went to UA)

I hate PG's from Wisconsin

I hate their calvacade of assistants

I hate Cuban running on to the floor

I hate Cubans blogging

I hate how their fans think that George, Buckner, and Diop are good depth. Please the difference between those guys and Jalen Rose, Jumaine Jones, and Sean Marks is that Johnson gives them a chance to play.

I hate Greensboro Hill;)

I LOOOOVE how they choked in the Finals last year

I hate how they think they would have beat us last year with a healty Raja Bell

I hate how they forget we beat them the year before w/o the services of JJ at the end

But most of all I hate how they win. I really hate it. Its a credit to their coach and best player though because i dont think their talent is even close to ours...

Screw the Mavericks
:rockon:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I love how you took the time to read it.
I didn't. I just read couple of posts and they started to make me throw up. Then I saw Arizona's Finest's post replied to by someone and several "hate" words so decided to read it. It's the best one...

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I didn't. I just read couple of posts and they started to make me throw up. Then I saw Arizona's Finest's post replied to by someone and several "hate" words so decided to read it. It's the best one...
I thought it was the best one too.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I love Trolls great 5th post about Dallas!

“It’s really not about the Suns to me,” says Jerry Stackhouse. “It’s still about San Antonio. Phoenix hasn’t done anything. We haven’t really done anything, but we’ve done more than them. We’ve been to the Finals. They’ve had a couple of good playoff runs, but most teams in the Western Conference have had those. You look at their record and what they’ve done and they haven’t beaten any of the good playoff teams. There’s some blemishes on their record. I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.”

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
i love my relatives who live in dallas

i love my wife

i love my son

i love how nash will bag his 3rd mvp trophy

i love how the suns will win their 1st ever championship

i hate stackhouse

i hate the jason terry jersey that was given to me by my relatives from dallas, but heck, i will still use it! hehe

i respect dirk's game

i wish diop was with the suns..
imo, he can help..

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.

Pssst ... Jerry ... Phoenix is on I-10 also ...

BigBinBigD

Reaction score
I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.

Pssst ... Jerry ... Phoenix is on I-10 also ...

"Down" implies south. San Antonio is south of Dallas, Phoenix is west. Still not too bright on Stack's part, the whole comment.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"Down" implies south. San Antonio is south of Dallas, Phoenix is west.

Hmm, good point. Oh well.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I love Trolls great 5th post about Dallas!

“It’s really not about the Suns to me,” says Jerry Stackhouse. “It’s still about San Antonio. Phoenix hasn’t done anything. We haven’t really done anything, but we’ve done more than them. We’ve been to the Finals. They’ve had a couple of good playoff runs, but most teams in the Western Conference have had those. You look at their record and what they’ve done and they haven’t beaten any of the good playoff teams. There’s some blemishes on their record. I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.”

Did I mention I HATE Jerry Stackhouse....

I cannot wait to beat these guys in five games come playoff time. Last year you beat a depleted team. And as I stated earlier we beat you the year before that. Its as if 2004 doesn't exist in Mavs fans heads. Its like Ric Bucher said. We were one Raja Bell injury from backing into a title last year. And that was without our most talented player.

You jokers won't have the luxury of playing half a team this year (knock on wood).

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
"Down" implies south. San Antonio is south of Dallas, Phoenix is west. Still not too bright on Stack's part, the whole comment.
"Down" also implies "down the road"... ;)

We will just confuse Stackhouse when we take care of the business in June.

BigBinBigD

Reaction score

I cannot wait to beat these guys in five games come playoff time. Last year you beat a depleted team. And as I stated earlier we beat you the year before that. Its as if 2004 doesn't exist in Mavs fans heads. Its like Ric Bucher said. We were one Raja Bell injury from backing into a title last year. And that was without our most talented player.

You jokers won't have the luxury of playing half a team this year (knock on wood).

Five games? You gotta be kidding.

To compare teams from year to year is not real smart. Hell, two years ago, Nellie coached most of the season. Avery hadn't even had time to work his system in yet. Phoenix may have all its players back now, and they're playing some great basketball. But if you don't think Dallas is MUCH better than last year, then you're not paying attention.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I love that their " I hate the Suns" thread degenerated into in-fighting about Cuban letting Nash go, LoL!

sunsfn

Reaction score
Dallas is a very good team, and I am sure they are concerned about the Spurs. Last year if Ginobli does not make a major gaff and fouls Nowitzki, the Spurs probably go to the finals.

That said, I do not like Stackhouse one bit!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dallas seems to be somewhat better than last year, but I'm not sure they are hugely better.

In the Suns loss in Dallas, the Suns made an uncharacteristic 21 turnovers and still lost by only 2. Against the defense oriented Mavs, the Suns shot 51.4% and hit 9 of 14 for three while only being outrebounded by 4 (which was entirely due to the Mavs shooting 41% and getting so many offensive rebound opportunties).

Considering how dominant the Mavs are supposed to be, you'd expect a more impressive performance. ;)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. I love the way Mark Cuban tweaks David Stern.
2. I enjoy watching the Mavs play.
3. Chasing the Mavs for best record has added additional importance to every game.
4. Thanks to the Suns and Mavs, who cares about LA?
5. This is a good thread.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I know mavs fans remember the 2004 series and every other series they lost. the same is said about the suns fans. if dallas didnt' beat the suns last season.....then phoenix people would not be wasting their time typing about dallas midway thru the season. same said vice versa about mavs fans. I think a suns/mavs series would go at least six.......more than likely seven. The winner.....i'm a mavs fan. But i'm still concerned. That's the truth.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas seems to be somewhat better than last year, but I'm not sure they are hugely better.

In the Suns loss in Dallas, the Suns made an uncharacteristic 21 turnovers and still lost by only 2. Against the defense oriented Mavs, the Suns shot 51.4% and hit 9 of 14 for three while only being outrebounded by 4 (which was entirely due to the Mavs shooting 41% and getting so many offensive rebound opportunties).

Considering how dominant the Mavs are supposed to be, you'd expect a more impressive performance. ;)

Who won the game? The rest of that stuff is meaningless.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Who won the game? The rest of that stuff is meaningless.
I agree. Mavs fans will tell you hey dallas only shot 41%......only scored 100 pts.....and still beat the suns. There's all types of ways to spin things in your favor. All that matters is who wins.