50 Cent Downs The Game, Has Entourage Member Shot

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I think it is great that a thread about a arguement over hip-hop actually has an arguement over hip-hop in the thread! Everytime I post on this thread I go and pick a fight with my dog. I lost tonight and she bit me in the sack.

I just fell of my chair....

WORD? Is that right? :shrug:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Gee said:
Fact of the matter is, you never killed no one, so dont come at me like you billy bad ass.

Ok...no more half-time meets for me!

I am from Texas and I still don't have a posse!

Last edited:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
bought the CD yesterday. Not that many good songs, seams like the CD was rushed a little bit. But it has allot of songs on the album. Still not his best CD.

Qmiles23

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't care what 50 does. I need the steroids he takes. Dude is ripped to shreads.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Did I see that these guys are now friends again?

:confused:

Qmiles23

Rookie
Reaction score
SweetD said:
I am sure it was just to increase sales.

When they shook hands it didn't look like they were serious. 50 looked like he had on a no respect type of look towards game. Stupid stuff if you ask me

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1503517/20050606/game_the.jhtml?headlines=true

Game Ends 50 Cent Truce With Verbal Attacks At Summer Jam
06.06.2005 9:15 AM EDT

Game's set will be most discussed, but Jay-Z appearance was the show's high point.

To say the truce between the Game and 50 Cent came to a screeching halt Sunday night would be an understatement. Think more along the lines of a major derailment, much like the big scene in "Speed," when the subway train carrying Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock crashes through the pavement and lands above ground.

For weeks there had been rumors that Game was making unfavorable remarks about 50 and the G-Unit while performing on the How the West Was One Tour. It was fodder for Internet message boards and made radio gossip reports, but the rumblings never materialized into anything substantial. G-Unit members haven't exactly given props to Game in some of their recent interviews either, but everything had been relatively calm.

During Summer Jam, the New York tri-state area's biggest hip-hop concert of the year, the Game's frustrations boiled over while onstage in New Jersey's Giants Stadium, and he took several verbal shots at the G-Unit. The rapper also had people dressed up in a gorilla suit and a rat costume — representing 50's alleged snitching — both wearing G-Unit T-shirts and getting beaten in a mocking manner by Game's clique.

From the onset of Game's set, the Compton, California, native let it be known he would not be in Jersey with his "tail between his legs" backing down from his problems with 50. He performed "Hate It or Love It," rapping 50's verse as well his own, switching up a line here and there to relay anti-G-Unit sentiment, such as "I ain't f---ing with five-0/ It's all starting to make sense."

Later Game introduced a new slogan, "G-G-G-U-Not!"

There was a slight undercurrent of booing when Game voiced his feelings towards the G-Unit, and that's when Dr. Dre's protégé really expressed himself.

Game explained that he had love for New York, but he was kicked out of the G-Unit because "they were hating." He said the crowd shouldn't hate him because he hates 50. Game even yelled "F--- 50" while holding his son in his arms before performing "Dreams."

The crowd started to warm up to Game more and more as he continued to use his platform to try and humiliate his former business associates. The lanky MC even threw a G-Unit chain he once wore proudly into the audience like it nothing more than a used tissue going into a garbage can.

"I don't follow suit like f----t ass Yayo," Game roared. He later threatened to "knock out" Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks.

It became evident that Game's set was more therapy than performance — and that he had been waiting to get a lot off of his chest. Game even started to detail the infamous night at Hot 97's station, when a member of his crew was shot (see "50 Drops Game From G-Unit; Shots Fired At Radio Station"), accusing 50 of being scared to come outside and saying the G-Unit general was rushed out of the back of the building..

The tirade ended, ironically, with Game performing the song he and 50 made famous, "This Is How We Do." Before going into the verses, Game had more unfavorable words for the entire crew: "50 Cent can suck my ... / Tony Yayo can suck my ... /G-Unit can suck my ..."

Game's performance will undoubtedly be the one most talked about for the weeks to come — however, the highest point of the show came via a man who wasn't even on the bill: Jay-Z.

Hov is the undisputed king of Hot 97's Summer Jams. He keeps the venue full, and no one leaves cheated after the concert. Since he stopped performing at Summer Jam, there's been an obvious void. He hasn't hit the stage since 2001, when he brought out Michael Jackson and debuted a little record you might remember called "The Takeover" (see "Jay-Z's Special Guest A Thriller For Summer Jam Crowd").

Jay came out this year as a special guest of scheduled act Kanye West — who also brought out Cam'ron and Common in separate instances. The Roc was definitely in the building, as tens of thousands of fans immediately yelled at the top of their lungs when Jay arrived during "Diamonds." For several minutes, Jay stood onstage while the crowd used their voices, letting him know they were grateful that he was hitting the Summer Jam stage. The ovation was so overwhelming that you can bet they wouldn't be too upset if he announced that he is calling the whole retirement thing off. Jigga then performed both "P.S.A." and "Encore."

A couple of the night's most anticipated performances were called off before completion by Hot 97. Jadakiss, who many fans felt should have been appearing a lot later on the bill than his #3 slot (same goes for the heavily popular hometown crew the Diplomats, who hit the stage second), got his mic cut off just as he was about to perform his 50 dis record, "Checkmate." Let's just say Kiss didn't feel "marvelous" after that.

The night's headliner, Snoop Dogg, also got caught up in the mismanagement of time. By the time Doggy jumped onstage at close to 11 p.m., a large faction of the crowd was filing out.

It's not like Snoop isn't loved in New York, but after several hours in a stadium, fans are naturally tired. By the time Snoop brought out his guest Cassidy midway through his set, the crowd was so thin, it looked like Snoop was opening the show rather than closing.

Capacity doesn't matter to the Dogg, though. He was determined to give whoever was there a great show and was prepared to go all night if he had to. At one point, his mic was cut off and so was the power to his band and DJ. After a couple of seconds elapsed, the juice was back on, but Snoop told his security people to stand by the "power man" just in case he wanted to cut the power again.

Halfway through "Gin and Juice," all the lights in the stadium went up. Snoop was able to get through that song and tried to perform "Drop It Like It's Hot" next, but that was all she wrote. Shortly after 11:30 p.m., both Snoop's set and Summer Jam '05 were over in a disappointing, anti-climatic manner. The crowd didn't even get one "Snooooooooooop" off. And Snoop had just barked about flying all the way to New York to give a good show, saying Hot 97 shouldn't give him time constraints.

Ciara, Amerie and Ludacris and his guest Bobby Valentino also hit the Summer Jam stage, as did Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz, joined by guests Elephant Man, Pitbull, Ice Cube, Lil' Scrappy, Trillville, and the Ying Yang Twins (and you have to believe you've heard it all once you've witnessed over 30,000 men and women yell in unison "Wait till you see my di--!").

For more sights and stories from concerts around the country, check out MTV News Tour Reports.

— Shaheem Reid

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Sounds bad. I wonder which side Snoop is on. What's up with Dre and Aftermath too. Personally I hate 50 cent.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1504520/20050622/game_the.jhtml?headlines=true

Game Calls Attacks On 50, G-Unit Self-Defense: 'I Felt Like It's Five Against One'
06.22.2005 1:21 PM EDT

MC lays into G-Unit, others in 15-minute mixtape dis track.

I feel they're beating down on me," Game, wearing a black T-shirt that said "G-Unot," calmly explained Tuesday night about his reignited beef with 50 Cent and crew. "I felt like it's five against one: Yayo, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks, 50 and Olivia against me. It all comes down to me having to secure the future of my family financially."

The Compton native — in New York to promote the November release of Hurricanes, his sneaker line — said that his tirade at Hot 97's Summer Jam (see "Game Ends 50 Cent Truce With Verbal Attacks At Summer Jam") and, most recently, his dis-filled freestyle on the mixtape Nu Jerzey Devil & DJ Skee Present: The Game - You Know What It Is Volume 3, are his effort to defend his livelihood against attacks from his former fellow crew members in G-Unit.

He said he refuses to let the G-Unit hurt his career like they did Ja Rule and Murder Inc. "I always use what happened to Murder Inc. [as] the foundation," he said. "All Murder Inc. did was sit back and let him [dismantle them]. Me, I can't do it."

In recent weeks, Game has verbally attacked 50 and G-Unit onstage, enlisted picketers and a man wearing a giant rat costume to make fun of 50 in the street, and now the streets are talking about "300 Bars and Runnin'," a 15-minute-plus dis freestyle on You Know What It Is Volume 3 where Game conveys toxic thoughts toward G-Unit and others over classic rap beats like Mobb Deep's "Shook Ones, Pt. 2," Jay-Z's "Takeover" and "Dead Presidents," and Kanye West's new banger "Diamonds From Sierra Leone."

"Very, very controversial record that is," Game said about his epic dis track. "Sometimes, man, 16 bars plus a eight-bar hook is just not enough to tell your story. You have to go into the hundreds with it. Not many people have even done a 100-bar freestyle. But you know me: I been down a 100-bar freestyle lane, I been through a 200-bar freestyle lane, and this is my last one, 300 bars. I been working on this the last three or four months."

As you might guess, with three songs' worth of rhymes tied into one track, Game vents his heart out. He throws some jabs at Memphis Bleek and the Young Guns about his previous verbal exchanges with them, and leaves no G-Unit member untouched. He jokes that Young Buck actually pulled out a butter knife at the Vibe Awards (see "Dr. Dre Attacked, Man Stabbed During Melee At Vibe Awards"), questions Olivia's sexual orientation, threatens DJ Whoo Kid, says Tony Yayo is "boring" and that Lloyd Banks "sounds like Oscar the Grouch with them nursery rhymes."

"They kicked me out of G-Unit/ I rebounded like Rodman," Game raps in one of his many lines. He later addresses the now-infamous press conference calling a truce between him and Fif (see "50 Cent And The Game Call A Truce"), whom he accuses of being jealous of him. "50 whispered in my ear like we still bonding/ I'm just acting like Charles Bronson."

Game said Tuesday that during the press conference, he felt his former collaborator was just there for the publicity. He specifically pointed out that he didn't feel sincerity when 50 whispered in his ear that they "should really squash the beef."

"My feelings were genuine in squashing the beef — not on behalf of 50 Cent, not for anybody outside of myself, my family, my fans, hip-hop and my endorsements," Game said. "I got to losing endorsements — people didn't want to sponsor me and Snoop's tour because they figured I was a threat. So I opted to do the peace conference against my own will, because I know right. 50 did it, but I think he did it with the intention of promoting his album."

Of course, after Game yelled for the entire G-Unit to "suck" the reproductive part of his anatomy at Summer Jam, another reconciliation seems very much in doubt. Game had doubts himself about venting in such a public forum, but said that once he got onstage, his heart took over.

"When you're anticipating doing that in another man's hometown, you think about the consequences," Game said. " 'Will Jimmy Iovine [head of Interscope, label home to Game, 50 and G-Unit] be mad at me? Will Dr. Dre be mad at me?' It wasn't so much about 50. 'Will the New York crowd let me do this? Will they boo me? Will Hot 97 cut my mic off?' I'm going through all that, and at the end of the day, I came to a decision to follow my heart. I started off doing my show, and I didn't feel right. I felt it was something I had to do, so I stopped performing and that's when the tongue-lashing came."

In the wake of Game publicly calling out the G-Unit at Summer Jam, he spearheaded a campaign against the crew across New York where picketers and a person dressed in a rat costume denouncing 50 popped up all over New York. On June 6, they were at the offices of Hot 97 while Tony Yayo was upstairs doing an interview, and on the following day, the rat and crew showed up in front of the offices of Violator Management, the company that manages 50.

"I came up with that," Game said about the campaign. "I'm gonna take the blame for that. It's just basically saying 50 is a rat. I can say it because I have information based on my theory and that's him dry snitching on me all the time."

"I can't tell him not to be a man," Game's manager, Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond, said about the schism between his client and 50. "I can't tell a man to be a bitch. I can't do that. I don't know how to do that. When I met Game, he was a man."

Henchman and Game say that regardless of what the public perception may be, it wasn't the Hurricane who broke the truce. They say the G-Unit began taking potshots at Game in advance of Summer Jam, citing a radio interview where Tony Yayo told Whoo Kid that it was Game's own fault for being kicked out of G-Unit, and recent issues of XXL and FHM where 50 talked unfavorably about Game.

At press time, 50 Cent could not be reached for comment on the matter. His reps had no comment.

— Shaheem Reid, with additional reporting by Sway Calloway

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan