6th in total offense?!

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
sixth on Offense and 11th on Defense and still only 1-3.. not very good in my eyes.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
It's a very deceptive ranking though. We have no problem moving the ball down the field and picking up all those yds. But when we hit that 20 yd line we crumble i.e give a sack, RB is stuffed or gets nothing on the ground or we throw to anyone except Q or Fitz. The offense is close, but it may not be until next year or the 2nd half of this season where it becomes the force we invision it to be.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I don't think it's all that deceptive, we can move the ball

I can see this offense literally raining down TD's with the best in the NFL once even two of these three things happen.

Our O line gels together.

A TE emerges that can really play.

We get our QB spot settled for good.

I think we basically have most of the parts they just need to play together for a while and Rowen needs to work out being green as an OC then we will be good to go.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I can see this offense literally raining down TD's with the best in the NFL once even two of these three things happen.

Our O line gels together.

A TE emerges that can really play.

We get our QB spot settled for good.

I would like to add one.

Rowen calling more jump ball and fade patterns to Fitz, and more slants and crossing patterns to Boldin. Although I think he may have gotten that memo finally.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
and last in redzone offense I suspect, particularly for TD %.

Unfortunately, until the team runs the ball better, the redzone will be a struggle. As the field becomes compressed the closer and closer you get to the endzone, passing becomes difficult -- add to that a defense that doesnt have to respect your running game and plays the pass first, it becomes nearly impossible.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Ranking in yards thats fine but what are we ranked in points.

O - 19th
D - 30th(Thats not including Fumbles or INT's returned for TD's)

By the way there is a reason that NE is struggling. They are only ranked one better then us on points allowed ranked 29th.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Ranking in yards thats fine but what are we ranked in points.

O - 19th
D - 30th(Thats not including Fumbles or INT's returned for TD's)

By the way there is a reason that NE is struggling. They are only ranked one better then us on points allowed ranked 29th.

Bingo. Remember we're all excited we scored 31 Sunday night, that's actually less than SF is allowing on average this season (33.6 in the first 3 games) and if you read local media stuff theyr'e praising the 49er defense for holding us to so many FG's when the offense was so horrible stranding their defense on the field all night.

We can move the ball but we gotta close the deal better and get TD's, hopefully the last half of Sunday night's game will have some carry over for us.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be clear.. I am not suggesting anything other than the fact that our problem is not that we can't move the ball. It is more that we just need to execute in the redzone.

As others have suggested, I would like to see more screens to JJ especially when we get inside the 35 yard line.
Kinda obvious stuff, but apparently not to our OC yet.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
sixth on Offense and 11th on Defense and still only 1-3.. not very good in my eyes.

It's not your eyes where we're not very good, it's the redzone. :thumbup:

This is one reason I'm actually getting excited about seeing McCown in the lineup. While he sometimes has the accuracy of a gun with a bent barrel, he's 10 times better than Warner in the redzone.

If Fitz hadn't dropped that PERFECT pass in the endzone, McCown would've been over 400 yards on Sunday with 3 TDs.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another reason we're 1-3 is special teams. I feel better about the Giants game after watching all of the big returns they had against the Chargers. That KR/PR they have is really something special.