A few short Friday notes

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Comment on the 49er line.... they lost their starting left side and still dominated with the likes of former Cardinal Wragge.

Is it technique or quality of players?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we avoid more than 1 turnover, we will score at least 21 points. Our passing game is too good and the secondary is the weakest part of their team to be held to 17 or less.

Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
3. The Niners made good halftime adjustments and thus almost stole the game. Overall, they are a much better team than I expected to see. It's not that we were that bad, it's that they were fairly good.
One of the aspects of the game I would like to see the Cardinals improve on - making adjustments to the other teams play/gameplan.
Skkorpion said:
4. Our staying with the run game for 29 carries despite early problems was encouraging. By the 4th quarter, our big guys were better and runs were more effective. The only way to develop a run game is to keep doing it. We must keep pounding away.
Absolutely!!!
Skkorpion said:
6. The Cards defense is an attacking defense and when they play more conservatively, as they did for much of the game last week, they are very ineffective.
Again I agree, and if they sit back this week, Seattle will shred them.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Comment on the 49er line.... they lost their starting left side and still dominated with the likes of former Cardinal Wragge.

Is it technique or quality of players?

For what its worth--

Gore ran for 87 yards on 16 carries

his first carry was for 30 yards

After that, he was 15 for 57, or 3.8 per carrry. Decent, but hardly "dominating"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I seriously doubt all we can manage is 17 points against nearly anybody, much less Seattle. That vaunted defense you are pumping up only played the lowly Lion's offense, after all.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we need to approach this game kinda loosey goosey. The pressure is on Seattle. Nobody expects us to win. Lets go out there and take some chances and have fun.
I think the biggest mistake we could make is not letting it all out of the bag. If we go in to their house as tight as a drum we are going to find ourselves down 10 to 14 pts before the 1st hotdog is served.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
I think we need to approach this game kinda loosey goosey. The pressure is on Seattle. Nobody expects us to win. Lets go out there and take some chances and have fun.
I think the biggest mistake we could make is not letting it all out of the bag. If we go in to their house as tight as a drum we are going to find ourselves down 10 to 14 pts before the 1st hotdog is served.

All right I'm in. I'm going to take a chance and make Margaritas and Green Chile Stew Sunday and see if I can make it through the entire game. Could be a deadly combination but it should be fun. Definitely won't be tight as a drum after about 5 minutes into the game.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
You talked about how Rogers destroyed Seattles new LG. Which one of our tackles is going to line up against the LG? Is it Dockett?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
You talked about how Rogers destroyed Seattles new LG. Which one of our tackles is going to line up against the LG? Is it Dockett?

We flop our DTs based on strong and weak side on most plays. So, all of them will get a shot at Pork Chop. (Who I wanted us to draft for his name as well as his game.)

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Cool - thanks. I think the big keys are how well their interior line holds up against our DT's and how well our LB's and Wilson can contain their run. If we can keep Alexander contained we're going to win this game.

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Skkorpion, Regarding "halftime adjustments"............................... this was a problem last year and it doesn't look like it's been addressed yet (or so far). We still come out looking flat.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Cool - thanks. I think the big keys are how well their interior line holds up against our DT's and how well our LB's and Wilson can contain their run. If we can keep Alexander contained we're going to win this game.
Alexander is the key. I would start Clancy & L.Moore and rotate Gabe Watson(If healthy). Those 3 are a load as well as good run stuffers. unless its an obvious passing down I would keep that DT rotation going.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I want to attack this game.

Attack on offense.

Attack on defense. Oh yea, keep an eye open for screens and mis-direction...

If we do this, I think we win.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05