A few thoughts before I disappear…

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
Nash got his teammates involved, as always. That was his number one goal and he succeeded.

I think he should have taken more shots. Those three’s in the fourth were surreal, almost Kobe-esque. Is he really that good a shooter!? For a man who shoots that well, he probably should have shot more often. He was unselfish to a fault – or perhaps his teammates weren’t up to the challenge. Who knows, I don’t blame Nash -- without him the Suns might be an eighth seed -- nor do I blame any single teammate.

I won’t pin the blame on Barbs, either. He’s just too nice a guy and I know he tried his best. Ok, perhaps this is a purely sentimental choice.

The single most important factor in this series was allowing Bowen to slap, kick, punch, molest, Karate chop and otherwise molest the MVP with complete and utter abandon. Nash has bruises all over his body, but never once did he complain. Nor did the refs.

All other factors are subsidiary.

When they called a foul on Bowen in the second half, I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. Bowen committed a foul!!?? So long as players like Bowen are permitted to engage in their dirty tricks with impunity, the NBA will remain boring and frustrating; animal cunning will supercede skill and honor.

No other aspect of the series comes close, neither Amare’s suspension nor Marion’s choke job. If refs called Bowen for even a small fraction of his fouls, this series would have been a Suns sweep.

Good guys finish last. Yeah, I know.

The dirtiest player in the league was basically told – not overtly – but by virtue of a stunning series of non-calls, to do his worst, and he did. Can’t blame Bowen for this. Should I blame a snake for biting his handler or his handler for letting the snake loose.?

It’s on Stern and Stu’s heads and no one else’s. They had myriad opportunities to make it a semi-clean game before Horry took center stage with the shoulder check. But they didn’t. And here we are. The Suns curse continues. I love rough fouls; I hate cheap shoots. All pure fans of the game should agree.

If Nash got one/one thousandth of the calls Duncan did, Suns would have won in a landslide. Apparently the NBA has been reduced to a contest for who can best sucker the refs; again, clean ball the spurs wouldn’t have stood a chance; dirty ball, they’re tough, perhaps impossible (for a clean team like the Suns), to beat. They’ve mastered all the arts, and I don’t mean the jumpshot.

Those who claim refs are marginal figures in the NBA are partly right; the important figures are not so much the refs but management, as in any corporate enterprise. What is allowed? What isn’t?

I shall no longer watch this trash. I got sick of the WWF before I reached puberty, and I have no intention of playing along with this façade known as the NBA further into adulthood.

I read many complaints posted on the latest petition by school teachers, mothers and fathers who were appalled of the precedent the league was setting: come to the aid of a teammate, get punished; throw a cheap shot, get rewarded.

Did the Spurs deserve to beat us in game 6? Yes. Of course. They played out of their minds. They deserved to win, minus the usual Bowen stuff which in a semi-sane league would have their entire team thrown out. Problem is: the series was long since decided – not by the players – but by Stern.

Timmy is incredible and should probably win MVP every year. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s playing with a bunch of degenerate reprobates. Floppy on that three. That was classic.

Blame the refs? Yeah it’s a cliché. Every sports fan does it. Like I said – Spurs deserved to win tonight – that was an incredible effort. But they should never have been put in such a position to win in the first place.

NBA is corrupt. Stern and Stu need to go.

I’ll tune in next year during the finals when the Suns or some other honorable team has a shot. As for now, men of honor should boycott the NBA until Stern is replaced. That’s my opinion.

No offense to Pistons, whom I consider a tough BUT honorable team, unlike the Spurs, but I hope the NBA finals this year is the lowest rated ever. The league deserves it. Barring a boycott, I hope the Pistons go all the way.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
The way things are going right now in this league, it almost seems as if Vince McMahon will be the next NBA commissioner.

OP
OP
S

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
The way things are going right now in this league, it almost seems as if Vince McMahon will be the next NBA commissioner.

I'd almost prefer it.

Didn't watch the "after" show. I assume Nash did his usual honorable lefty Canadian "they outplayed us" bit, which indeed they did.

The problem is that the series was tilted in their favor before there ever was a game 6, and that's not right.

I'm not blaming the refs. I think the refs did a fair job tonight.

I'm blaming a league that rewards thuggery rather than honor.

Luckily, Nash ages like wine. We'll get 'em next year. Until then, I refuse to watch a single NBA game. This is supposed to be professional sports, not Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Bruce Bowen.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Didn't watch the "after" show. I assume Nash did his usual honorable lefty Canadian "they outplayed us" bit, which indeed they did.

Nash actually spoke out about the suspensions. I was surprised.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Basically he said he didn't think it was fair, but then he stopped and said he wasn't gonna cry about it. That's a paraphrase.

OP
OP
S

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
Basically he said he didn't think it was fair, but then he stopped and said he wasn't gonna cry about it. That's a paraphrase.

Something tells me you never graduated highschool. correct?

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Um, you asked me what he said. That's what he said. I'm sure you can look up post game quotes on NBA.com if you wanted to. Or someone else who watched it can confirm.

OP
OP
S

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok Arctic, fair enough; speaking of fair, what say you on the series?

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just FYI, I went over to NBA.com and they do have his whole post game interview if you'd like to watch it. He was upset, but who wouldn't be?

I thought it was a great series. I thought it would go 7 games, but game 5 probably changed that. That was dissappointing. I figured the Spurs would win it going into it, but that was just gut feeling. Suns could have easily come out on top, but defense was lacking and I just don't agree with D'Antoni's coaching style. You can tell from my other posts that I don't blame the refs, Stern, or Bowen.

OP
OP
S

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
For the record, I also agree that Coach D is inept; but we still should have been able to beat you or at least push it to a game seven. Chances are we would have at home. But we were missing certain ingrediats. Tell me: how would you fair without Duncan? Not so good? Now you know how Suns fans feel.

Yes, you beat us straight up in game 6, but for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

That's why fans are pissed.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Spurs are hopeless without Duncan. And the series should have gone to seven games. Like Nash said in the interview, it's a "stupid rule".

OP
OP
S

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
I think the Suns deserved a game 7, not a gift-wrapt present to 'The Spurs' courtesy of D. Stern.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I feel you man, I am pretty much 99% decided that I will not be participating in this facade called the nba next year.

The only thing that would make me watch the suns next year is a blockbuster trade for KG or some kind of witty massive salary cap clearing move/moves.

With diaw and banks making a whopping 13 million of the suns salary abolsutely worthless the suns are screwed unless they make some good moves.

Then I hear that the only other real spurs contender, dallas, is going to just sit pat.

What a load of bs, the ball is in dallas court AFAIC because I think Mike or whatever ghost is gm of the suns is completely incompetant. Either Cuban has to get a real point guard or a real inside presence or his team will keep sinking, cuban HAS to do something because I am so ******* sick of the spurs I don't care who beats them. JUST BEAT THEM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser