A few words on Greg Lee

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
I have been Pitt fan all my life. I buy the NCAA gameplan package so I can watch as many Pitt games as I can. I can safely that Fitz had a lot to due with this signing. Lee went into this past year ranked #1 in many WR rankings. He was on his way to be another Pitt WR to get high up in the draft (Bryant, Fitz) if he had another good year as a Junior. Needless to say, he had a terrible year. Very poorly timed dropped passes and being caught from behind on what would have been a winning TD catch killed his chances to get drafted this year. We all expected him to come back and prove to everyone that he was that #1 WR that they ranked him. To everyone suprise and Wannstedt's outrage he gave up his last year to turn pro for his own reasons. I think that if Fitz's work ethic can rub off on him, the Card and the fans will be pleasently suprised about this grab. Lee finds ways to get open. Lee made highlight reel catches as a sophomore as good as many Fitz catches. Whatever went wrong his Junior year I hope that it's behind him. As a Cards and Pitt fan I would be really excited to see Fitz and Lee on the same field.

Let's rock

RFIP

Rookie
Reaction score
May I reply, I am personal friends with a Pitt coach, and he advised me everyone told this kid he'd be a late pick IF at all. Then his stupid agent told him he'd go in round 1...What a shame... Could be aplayer for the Cards though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My neighbor is closely aligned with Pitt athletics & said that Lee was one of the top WR's coming out of High School & was supposed to have skills similar to Fitzgerald's. When Wannstedt took over, he overhauled the offense & changed it from a pass oriented attack to a run oriented attack. Not only did Lee suffer, but the young QB from Pitt also had a down year. Lee went pro because he didn't want to play another year under Wannstedt. This kid is not a burner, but definitely has a great upside. GREAT UFA signing by Cardinals!!!

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
The game that I was at (Pitt vs. Ohio) was more of a terrible QB performance rather than Lee looking that bad.

He has potential and some skills.

Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
My birth-father is Joe Pa.....:self:
:offtopic:
I am as big a PSU homer as anyone on the board, but Lee played for Pitt. If JoePa ( :BIM: ) was your old man, you would know the two don't mix....

:wink2:

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
My neighbor is closely aligned with Pitt athletics & said that Lee was one of the top WR's coming out of High School & was supposed to have skills similar to Fitzgerald's. When Wannstedt took over, he overhauled the offense & changed it from a pass oriented attack to a run oriented attack. Not only did Lee suffer, but the young QB from Pitt also had a down year. Lee went pro because he didn't want to play another year under Wannstedt. This kid is not a burner, but definitely has a great upside. GREAT UFA signing by Cardinals!!!

Honestly this was great pick up. When Walt Harris left for Stanford with his passing attack, all the studs he had chances fo being drafted went with it. I remember watching Tyler Palko last year and thinking, hey he's a pretty good QB. I think Pitt will be a team to watch. Then i watched that opening day debacle against ND and understood Dave Wannstedt is the worst coach of my lifetime. How the hell does this guy keep getting these jobs!?! Single handedly ruined Palko and Lee. I think Lee could be a steal as well.

And i'm sure Fitz as well as Denny's tie to Stanford (where Harris now coaches) had something to do with this pick up.