A thought about Chavous

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Teams have said they know our calls on offense and defense because we haven't changed them in years. If so, Chavous should know exactly what we are doing. 3-13 and let's cheer on those Chargers!

pinnacle

Reaction score
why does this always go against us? You would think we would know a little bit about the Rams (hodgins and garcia) and not bite on every possible play fake, etc......these two should have known their offense cold and could have tipped off our defense on tendencies.....Jeff Blake should know what Baltimore is up to on offense...but I guess everyone knows what they will do: hand of to jamal lewis.

Last edited:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
see I think other teams actually change thier calls it makes it a little easier for them to be sucessful

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
Depends on what you call successful...

If you're trying to get the #1 pick, not changing your calls would BE successful.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Unfreakingbelievable. He'll probably have a career day.

We know what Randy Moss is going to do but there is not much we can do about it.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
Teams have said they know our calls on offense and defense because we haven't changed them in years. If so, Chavous should know exactly what we are doing.

Puh lease

:mad:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by john h
We know what Randy Moss is going to do but there is not much we can do about it.

Nothing stops Moss, not even traffic cops.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Anyone notice that Chavous is leading the league in INT'S and made the pro bowl playing safety.Isn't that where most people on this board thought he should be playing all along?Another nice move by the coaching staff of putting players in their best position to succeed.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He

wouldn't play safety when he was here and should have been benched for it.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: He

Originally posted by jstadvl
wouldn't play safety when he was here and should have been benched for it.

Maybe we should have benched the coaching staff for not making him play the position they wanted him to play. When you're paying the kind of money for a football player that is prevalent today, they should have to bring the coach his pipe and slippers if that is what the coach wants. Can you imagine Chavous saying no to Parcells? He'd be sitting on the far end of the bench, twiddling his thumbs for the rest of the season.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Othrs may have a bit more info on this, but there was timeline with regards to Chavous playing CB and Safety.

He was used as a CB in the playoff year, If I remember correctly... and played quite well. In the following offseason he lost some 15 lb. to improve his speed, quickness to continue to play CB. I doubt that he did that without the approbation of the Coach, and the full expectation that they wanted him to play corner.

His shortcommings as a corner started to show in year two... and we certainly heard that coaches would prefer to have him a safety, even though, at the time, there was no clear-cut better replacement for him a CB.

I would imagine he also considered that his contractual value on the open market would be greater if he was projected as a CB, not a Safety. And, given the contract he received frm Minny, he was certainly right.

Almost as soon as he got to Minn. there were reports that coaches were dissatisfied with him at CB... and fairly quickly moved him to Safety... but, lest we forget... Chavous is a Safety making Cornerback money... and the offer he received from the CARDS was no where near that of the Vikings because, amongst other reasons, they wanted him to play Safety.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at my signature, McKinnon went on to say that Tommy Bennet was probably the reason the Lions knew our calls so well. So, in my mind, Chavous teaching our calls to their offense is more than a remote chance.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I hope Chavous doesn't take any cheap shots this weekend the way Kwamie Lassiter did in the Chargers game. I read an article where the writer mentioned Chavous could dish out some shots this weekend, but it was kind of vague and didn't elaborate.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
I hope Chavous doesn't take any cheap shots this weekend the way Kwamie Lassiter did in the Chargers game. I read an article where the writer mentioned Chavous could dish out some shots this weekend, but it was kind of vague and didn't elaborate.

If Chavous does dish out some cheap shots this weekend, then I sincerely hope that Leonard Davis does to him what he did to Damien Robinson this past weekend in Seattle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05