A win at Dallas...

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
would be the biggest win I could think of in at least 5 years.

A road win against a former division rival that is labeled "America's Team". A team that many are picking for the playoffs with some calling them the best in the NFC east.

Breaking a long losing streak in Dallas.

Getting our second road win in like 3 or 4 years.

This game is critical for us. ( like every other week it seems )

I reason we can win.... Dallas will play more 2 TE sets to help their tackles contain Berry and Okeafor, therefore hopefully limiting the big plays. Also they will be without J Jones.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This could potentially turn the season around if we win! :newcards: (Okay, did I just type that?) :koolaid:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:koolaid::koolaid:

If our Offense doesn't turn the ball over, and our defense doesn't get flustered early..........I like our chances with Rackers to steal one late.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It could turn the season around if we win, indeed. And, call me crazy, but I'm feeling it. I dunno why. I just am. We are going to win.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Big difference between 2 - 5 and 3 - 4. Especially with Seattle coming up at home the next week.

This game is the pivot if the Cards want to do anything this season. They need to make up for that game they pissed away at home against the lambs.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Judging by how the Cards have played on the road the last several years I have very little hope that the Cards can even keeep this one close. It's like the Cards at home and the Cards on the road are 2 completely different teams. I hate to say it but I think the Cards get spanked in Big D...I'm not a darksider but I haven't seen anything from the Cards this year to show me that the Cards can steal a win in Big D. Anything is possible I suppose...

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
:koolaid::koolaid:

If our Offense doesn't turn the ball over, and our defense doesn't get flustered early..........I like our chances with Rackers to steal one late.

:thumbup:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
clif said:
..without all three phases coming together.

;)

:eek:

ANTI-CURSE! ANTI-CURSE!

The Cowboys are godly, Parcells is the pope of the NFL. The Cards stand no chance. No chance at all. In fact, 8 of our 11 offensive starters will go down with injury in the first drive and the only three to stay in the game will be offensive linemen.

McCown throws for -12 yards, 2 picks, both for TDs. Yeah negativity!!

:stick:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about how big of a game this is going to be. If we can take 2/3 we will be at 4-5 (hopefully 2nd in the division) and then have games against Texans, 49ers, and the Colts (hopefully have locked up a spot). Also, we could steal 1 or 2 home games from Jax or Was and then be at 9-7 or so. Those are all big IFS though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's one of those things we're all used to being disappointed so we expect a big loss. But if you believe Green has upgraded the talent on this team, and I do, even with the injuries and the problems and coaching questions, at some point you have to believe we're going to start winning some of these tough losses. Last week was a game we could have easily lost, but didn't. Carolina was a game we could have easily won and should have, but lost. Rams probably should have won.

So if you truly believe in Green at some point you have to expect we're going to start winning some games that we tradionally would lose, and maybe this is the 2nd week in a row we do that?

Would sure be nice. I think it's going to take a big defensive effort to do it at this point I'm not convinced our offense is balanced enough to do it. But defense, some turnovers, and a big play or two against them could be enough to win it.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
vince56 said:
:eek:

ANTI-CURSE! ANTI-CURSE!

The Cowboys are godly, Parcells is the pope of the NFL. The Cards stand no chance. No chance at all. In fact, 8 of our 11 offensive starters will go down with injury in the first drive and the only three to stay in the game will be offensive linemen.

McCown throws for -12 yards, 2 picks, both for TDs. Yeah negativity!!

:stick:

Bledsoe only scores 2 TDs, on two 99 yard QB draws!

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Bono...

If I could have got out of the stands fast enough, I think I could have nailed before he scored... THAT was an embarassing day as a Cards fan... not that we have not had many more to ponder and deal with.. but THAT was BAD!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JC_AZ said:
If I could have got out of the stands fast enough, I think I could have nailed before he scored... THAT was an embarassing day as a Cards fan... not that we have not had many more to ponder and deal with.. but THAT was BAD!

You were embarassed? I was a 17 year old kid on a date at that game.

Stupid Cardinals. :mad:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Look the reason this is such a huge game to me is this is the game that decides playoffs or not, look at the rest of our schedule:

Vs. Seattle - Probable loss
@ Detroit - Should win
@ St. Louis - Which St. Louis team shows up? Probable loss
Vs. Jacksonville - Probable loss
@ San Francisco - Win
Vs. Washington - Mark Brunell is one good Dansby lick away from retirement, without him this isnt anywhere near the same team. 6 more weeks can Brunell even make it to this game? I think we can win this one
@ Houston - Win

4 wins, 3 losses with us being 7 and 7 going into the last 2 weeks of the season:

Vs Philadelpnhia - Probably loss
@ Indianapolis - With NE slipping a little and being 4 games behind Indy right now I am thinking Indy has home field locked for the playoffs and starts nothing but 3rd stringers for this game - Win

Means with Dallas win we are 8-8 and while that may not make the playoffs it is respectable going into next season in the new stadium, and if we can sneak out an additional win @St. Louis, Vs Jacksonville, Vs Seattle or Vs Philly (3 of the 4 are at home and we all know we play better at home so a possibility) then we are 9-7 and could easily be looking at a wild card birth especially if the extra win comes vs Philly because if we beat Dallas and Washington we hold the tie breakers with all of the NFCE teams and I think one of those teams will be the wild card team we will have to outrank.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
Vs Philadelpnhia - Probably loss

Philadelpnhia? Sounds like a disease.... like McNabbnaphobia or something :D

Seriously, though, if the Eagles have the east locked up at this point, they may look past the Cardinals. If we're in the hunt and a hungry team at that point, I'd take the Cards to beat the Eagles.

Of course that's about the ONLY circumstance I'd take for us to beat them.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stout said:
It could turn the season around if we win, indeed. And, call me crazy, but I'm feeling it. I dunno why. I just am. We are going to win.

Wow. Coming from you, this scares me. Can it be?

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
The Cowboys have had some bad juju this year, too. They led the Redskins through the entire game - and lost in the last minutes. They lost to the Raiders -- one of two teams to do so the entire season, and then dominated Seattle last week through three and a half quarters - and let it slip away.

Here's to Dallas tripping over their own shoelaces -- and our defense tieing the knot.

Compa

Registered
Reaction score
Brighteyes said:
The Cowboys have had some bad juju this year, too. They led the Redskins through the entire game - and lost in the last minutes. They lost to the Raiders -- one of two teams to do so the entire season, and then dominated Seattle last week through three and a half quarters - and let it slip away.

Here's to Dallas tripping over their own shoelaces -- and our defense tieing the knot.

But they also came back against San Fran. Should we root for us to be losing going into the 4th quarter? :)

As far as the remaining schedule, I am with everyone that hopes that we can win the games we should and also steal a win. But it seems like we go through this every year, and, if anything, we lose 2 games that we had penciled a W in. Of course, we usually steal a game too. It seems to usually be the last game of the year (and then that win becomes a screw-up to some people because we ruined our draft position!). But even if this scenario keeps playing out, I will always have hope that it will change "this year."

:koolaid:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser