According to Chris Mortenson

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
According to Chris Mortensen

of ESPN, the Cardinals have inquired about a trade for Travis Henry. Mort said the Bills want a 2nd round pick for him.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I would use a 2nd on him, although I think we can get him for less. I say he can be had for a 3rd and a 2nd day 2006 5th or 6th rounder depending on stats.

I especially dont mind a 2nd on him this year (which for us is a middle 2nd) becuase of the lack of depth in the draft as a whole becuase of all the juniors that didnt come out. A 2nd round guy this year will not be a Dansby type player like last year.

Would their even be a RB available at pick #45 that would be even close in talent to Henry.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would prefer a third round with a 5th in 2006 (which could become a 4th per performance). However, there are lots of good free agent ruuning backs so we could sign one and not have to give up a draft choice.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
2nd rounder is too high IMO. Maybe a 3rd/4th if they don't want that I say try to sign Alexander/Jordan.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
I say go for it. Last year was just an off year for him. Before last year he was a solid back behind a crappy line. It was bound to happen that McGahee would take over the starting job. But Henry is WELL worth a #2 pick.... But try to get him for less though. If not #2 is good...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It is always safer to go the 'conditional pick' route, if you can. In addition, trade a pick next year rather than this year. A #2 next year or a #3 this year.

Either way...Henry is worth it and I prefer the franchise back vs the 2 back system anyday. Although...Dunn and Duckett don't look too bad right now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too think he'd be worth a second round pick. First round picks are never a sure thing, second round is even less so. It would address our biggest need and let us use the top pick on defense.

I'm telling ya, we will see a very aggressive front office this year. Mike Bidwill is going to really push Graves and Green hard to generate exictement for next year.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I too think he'd be worth a second round pick. First round picks are never a sure thing, second round is even less so. It would address our biggest need and let us use the top pick on defense.

I'm telling ya, we will see a very aggressive front office this year. Mike Bidwill is going to really push Graves and Green hard to generate exictement for next year.
Unless you look at the Cards second round picks the last couple years.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Reddog said:
Unless you look at the Cards second round picks the last couple years.

But the last 2 drafts also had a lot more depth and talent by far then this years draft does.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO.

A three, no higher. Or a two next year, conditionally.

Definitely not this year's number 2.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
But the last 2 drafts also had a lot more depth and talent by far then this years draft does.

That's not entirely correct. This draft is deep at the RB and CB position. I think it will turn out to be a good draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read in the chicago suntimes....

that the Bills have granted Travis Henry permission to seek a trade. It was an AP article about 1 paragraph long. It also said his agent claims several teams have inquired about him.
I don't think he is as fast as a guy like Bennett and I'm not sure he would be a good compliment for Shipp. However, he is the type of runner where you could strap the team on is back. He is capable of carrying the ball 300 times and has managed to break of some long runs. Another plus is he is use to crap weather, so if we did have to travel late in the season to the east coast we could turn to the run game.
You might find this description of him amusing. This is a quote from profootball weekly draftprreview(when Buchsbaum was still alive).

"top competitor and a real tough warrior. Very determined runner with a never say die attitude. Short ,squat,powerful, low to the ground runnerwith big and powerful legs and thighs,very strong hipsand a low center of graity.Is about as tough to tackle as a fire hydrant or a bowling ball rolling downhill with knives sticking out of it! YIKES. He has exceptional balance and gains a lot of yards after contact."

He is definitely a franchise type back. A RB that would demand opposing defenses to account for him. He has also improved as a pass receiver.

If you are looking for a running back, why not give up a #2 for him?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
That's not entirely correct. This draft is deep at the RB and CB position. I think it will turn out to be a good draft.

CB and RB that is it. What about the other positions. As a whole this draft is not deep or talented at all.

Who the can we pick at #45 that is as good as Henry is, or would make as much of an impact? If someone can give me a good answer to that I would change my stance. But as of right now I dont see a single player at 45 that answers that question.

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
CB and RB that is it. What about the other positions. As a whole this draft is not deep or talented at all.

Who the can we pick at #45 that is as good as Henry is, or would make as much of an impact? If someone can give me a good answer to that I would change my stance. But as of right now I dont see a single player at 45 that answers that question.

Completely agree with you. Why not use a 2nd rounder on a proven commodity instead of hoping the guy you pick will turn out to be good? If they tried to trade him last season, they probably would have been able to ask for a first round pick. He's got a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove to Buffalo that they made a mistake drafting Willis when they had a perfectly good rb already. He's going to be pissed next year and tear it up.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
If you trade for Henry you better resign him and feature him. HE doesn't want to share carries and he's a free agent after this year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bills Board is reporting that Bledsoe might be part of the deal sending Henry to the Cardinals. No real specifics. They also seem to think that the Cardinals would like to dump LD & include him in this deal.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
That makes no sense... one of the two consistent O-lineman we have on a horrible line and we trade him? That's crap.

OP
OP
Renz

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
The Bills Board is reporting that Bledsoe might be part of the deal sending Henry to the Cardinals. No real specifics. They also seem to think that the Cardinals would like to dump LD & include him in this deal.
I read that too. I don't believe any of the Leonard Davis/Drew Bledsoe stuff. That is just wishful thinking by Bills fans.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
2nd rounder too high, he is oft injured...as a side note, the more I see Bennett the less I am impressed with him so no there as well, I say go full board after Alexander and draft JJ Arrington in 2nd round, nice backfield with Alexander, Shipp, and Arrington...

OP
OP
Renz

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
2nd rounder too high, he is oft injured...as a side note, the more I see Bennett the less I am impressed with him so no there as well, I say go full board after Alexander and draft JJ Arrington in 2nd round, nice backfield with Alexander, Shipp, and Arrington...
He only missed 4 games his first three years in the league until last year when he missed 6. Pretty good stats, averaging 4 yards a carry for his first 4 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235216

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
There's NO WAY IN HELL the Cardinals would pay what it would take to get Alexander, NOR SHOULD THEY. Henry is perfect for the type of offense that Green runs. Plus, he'll have a chip on his shoulder. Henry runs for 1300 yds for the Cardinals next year, no doubt. I'm not sold on the toughness of Alexander, especially at that money.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Trading for a desirable back (Henry) would be a great move. Why get into a bidding war for Alexander or anyone else? As CardinalChris put it, trade for him then resign him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05