According to Chris Mortenson

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd trade Clement, Ray Ray, and 4th rounder for Henry.

Possibly a 3rd - but no way a 2nd.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
That would give us one of the best RB committees in the NFL. Reyes is awesome. To be productive for 'Cuse when every team they played knew he was going to run it every first and second down is very impressive. He always had 8 in the box when he ran the ball. The predictability of the Cuse offense is why Pasqualoni was let go.

I forgot we had a Syracuse guy on the board.

All I know about him is that he has some major speed at below 4.4 and the opne time I saw him play it really does show on the field. Plus he looked bigger then I thought a guy that fast would be.

The one time I seemed to be a Barry Sanders type runner without any of the power but had good hands.

Got any more first hand info on him. Hands, any fumbling issues, and power moves, character, ect.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I forgot we had a Syracuse guy on the board.

All I know about him is that he has some major speed at below 4.4 and the opne time I saw him play it really does show on the field. Plus he looked bigger then I thought a guy that fast would be.

The one time I seemed to be a Barry Sanders type runner without any of the power but had good hands.

Got any more first hand info on him. Hands, any fumbling issues, and power moves, character, ect.

He's an above average receiver out of the backfield. Doesn't have any fumbling issues to worry about. He hits the hole quickly and also has the speed to get outside. He has a great cutback and breaks arm tackles with his power. He's a class act and a pure team guy. He played hurt a lot this season and never complained about sharing time with the other rbs. He is really fast. I saw him break a 60 yard run and the defense had no chance of catching him. He's got a great second gear.

The thing about him is every team they played knew they run the ball every 1st and 2nd down and he still performed. I'd be thrilled if we picked him up and he might last until the 4th round.

chickenhead

Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Another bad example of using what another player got in years past. Different circumstances again.

Cincy was desperate to get a player that was a cancer in the locker room at the time off of their team. This was widely known accross the league.

Second NE was the only one who came calling with a 2nd rounder, everyone else was offering 3rd and 4th rounders, but NE didnt mind giving up a 2nd rounder becuase they already had 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders losing one second rounder wasnt a big deal to them.

Finally not to mention there is a 3 year age and NFL pounding difference, and 3 years is a huge number for RB's. Dillon will be 30 next year.

Good points. The issue isn't what a different team gave a second different team for a different player in a previous year. It's how we rate the opportunity cost this off-season, and what our competition is prepared to offer this off-season.

My take - if Green likes Henry for his system has confidence in his health, and a second rounder is what it takes to get him in Cardinal red rather than some other horrible color, then I consider this transaction. Addressing a premier position early has its own value come draft day.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Faulk went to the Rams for a 3rd and 5th.

Actually Faulk was trade to the Rams for a 2nd and 5th, the 2nd rounder was used on Mike Peterson LB from Florida, now with Jax, and the 5th rounder was used on Brad Scioli DE out of Penn State.

I agree with most as Henry isn't in the pedigree of Faulk, but he is closer to Dillon than many are saying. Faulk was the closest thing to Barry Sanders I've seen in my lifetime, I never got to see Brown or Sayers though.

Would I give up a #2 for Henry?

Not if I didn't have to, our 2nd rounder isn't going to suck guys.

Get your draft boards put together before you write off a 2nd round pick #45, it has alot of value. It can be used to move up for a particular player.

I like the idea of adding Henry or Jordan pre draft, even if it comes down to a 3rd round pick(2nd doubt it), as I'm firmly on the Derrick Johnson bandwagon here, hopefully he'll slide. :) Running Backs can be found in better places other than the 1st round IMHO.

Carpy

Reaction score
I think you guys would have overpaid to get Henry with a 2nd rounder. With Alexander, Bennett, Jordan and Henry on the market a lot of teams are going to fill RB needs through Free Agency. Also, as stated earlier this year's draft is very deep at RB, so by the time your 2nd round pick comes around there will likely still be some premium players on the board. Julius Jones was had at #43 last year in a draft that was supposedly weak at RB......

I hear the Raiders are VERY keen on Jordan and I wouldn't be surprised if Alexander ends up in Tampa. With Henry only having 1 year to go on his contract Buffalo REALLY want to get rid of him this off-season. Prior to the draft is also the worst time to trade players because their value is at its lowest when teams believe they could fill the hole with a rookie. By the time you get into training camp and start to have a few injuries, a player's value is maximised (see Lamar Gordon). I don't think anyone in the top half of the 2nd round gives up a #2 for Henry.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
He's an above average receiver out of the backfield. Doesn't have any fumbling issues to worry about. He hits the hole quickly and also has the speed to get outside. He has a great cutback and breaks arm tackles with his power. He's a class act and a pure team guy. He played hurt a lot this season and never complained about sharing time with the other rbs. He is really fast. I saw him break a 60 yard run and the defense had no chance of catching him. He's got a great second gear.

The thing about him is every team they played knew they run the ball every 1st and 2nd down and he still performed. I'd be thrilled if we picked him up and he might last until the 4th round.

I watched him play twice this year and like his speed but do you think he has the size to hold up as a 25-30 carry a game back? They list him at 5'10 but I am sure it is a stretched 5'9 and carrying 200lbs doesnt seem like enough. I agree that if you get him in the 4th round that would be a steal but I wouldnt grab him any earlier than that. I am just not convinced he can take the pounding.

Alos, didnt he miss some time this year? I dont belive he played in either the WVU game or BC game did he? what happened?

BTW, I liek Joe Fields. He will be lights out good in a few years!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
2nd rounder is too high IMO. Maybe a 3rd/4th if they don't want that I say try to sign Alexander/Jordan.

Can we get as good a RB in round 2 of the draft? That is sort of what it comes down to.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
Can we get as good a RB in round 2 of the draft? That is sort of what it comes down to.

That's what you can't count on. We crossed our fingers two years ago hoping McDougle would drop and we wound up with Pace.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I watched him play twice this year and like his speed but do you think he has the size to hold up as a 25-30 carry a game back? They list him at 5'10 but I am sure it is a stretched 5'9 and carrying 200lbs doesnt seem like enough. I agree that if you get him in the 4th round that would be a steal but I wouldnt grab him any earlier than that. I am just not convinced he can take the pounding.

Alos, didnt he miss some time this year? I dont belive he played in either the WVU game or BC game did he? what happened?

BTW, I liek Joe Fields. He will be lights out good in a few years!

You're right that he is small and he missed a couple games this year. I would use him as a change of pace back, definitely not as a starter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05