• For a 5th plus

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • For a 4th plus

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They may have been better off spending two of those third rounders on pass rush help. I’m not sure there are any pass rushers from this past draft that have done anything though. Even the guys taken in the first round haven’t done much.
It was an odd draft to add picks. Most of the convo was that the class was really weak outside of a handful of positions.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was an odd draft to add picks. Most of the convo was that the class was really weak outside of a handful of positions.
That’s where I struggle with the strategy. The two trains of thought being:

1. Add more picks and take more swings since there are not many known commodities.

2. Trade up or stand pat to get the highest rated guy in an average to below average draft. Maybe we trade up for Latu, Verse or Turner in this past draft, they each have one sack.

I can’t really fault Monti one way or the other but he has to supplement that “stong underbelly” that he’s been working on with a stud like Reddick or Crosby. As @Stout would say “we have all the jimmys and the joes, we need a Big John” (probably two or three). Apologies for more than likely butchering that quote!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Me & the wife talked to Monti on the sidelines Sunday, he spent about 5 minutes talking to us asking where we from, how long I was a fan, etc. After questions here & there I point blank ask him about Reddick. He said “He doesn’t want to play”. I then asked him if they inquired about trading for him. He paused, looked away then back at me & said “Let’s put it this way, he doesn’t want to play”.

I take it they made the call & for whatever reason decided to pass & move on. He’s a great energetic man! Hope he works out because I’ve got more faith in him than the coaching staff.

Attachments

• IMG_9282.jpeg
    IMG_9282.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 8

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me & the wife talked to Monti on the sidelines Sunday, he spent about 5 minutes talking to us asking where we from, how long I was a fan, etc. After questions here & there I point blank ask him about Reddick. He said “He doesn’t want to play”. I then asked him if they inquired about trading for him. He paused, looked away then back at me & said “Let’s put it this way, he doesn’t want to play”.

I take it they made the call & for whatever reason decided to pass & move on. He’s a great energetic man! Hope he works out because I’ve got more faith in him than the coaching staff.
Just quit going to games bruh… you’re killing it for the rest of us. You know what the definition of insanity is right?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just quit going to games bruh… you’re killing it for the rest of us. You know what the definition of insanity is right?
So, @Shane you feel this is the main reason for our loss to Green Bay, right?

You must be registered for see images attach

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lmfao whatever! First time I’ve lost a game since in Tampa 4 years ago. I think I even saw 4 wins in a row, including 3 in a row in Dallas. I don’t call piss poor defensive schemes & suspect offensive play calling lol.

It was fun as hell regardless

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly believe this is the level of commitment it would take. Give up a 3rd, 6th, and 7th to get those two guys. (Maybe someone will take Jalen Thompson instead of one of those things) Pay Reddick 3 years. Get Robinson back. They have 119 mil next year.
I would love this.. I’d like something to cheer for now rather than waiting until 2027

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ossenfort saying that the guy who wants to get paid "Doesn't want to play football"

Is translation for "Michael won't pay him what he wants to play football"

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Would trade for him but I don’t think he would want to come here. We need pass rushers badly. Until we get some our defense will be trash.

Reactions: PJ1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the perfect thing in the Kyler is meh thread
Yup.

I do love that the entire board has turned on Petzig when last year, without Kyler, the overwhelming majority of us were impressed with the playcalling, but frustrated because Dobbs kept missing guys all over the place.

Now, Petzig is the biggest moron in the world because a Kyler led offense, once again, is having trouble moving the ball and scoring TDs. All Petzig’s fault, just like it was all Kliff’s fault… despite Kliff’s offense now killing it with a rookie QB, one good WR and Cardinals level RBs and an older than dirt TE.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Lmfao whatever! First time I’ve lost a game since in Tampa 4 years ago. I think I even saw 4 wins in a row, including 3 in a row in Dallas. I don’t call piss poor defensive schemes & suspect offensive play calling lol.

It was fun as hell regardless
Bucky, I was at the game as well. Did you happen to see a few defensive players looking at the coaches on the sidelines with a WTF is going on? It seemed GB was in certain formations and ran plays the defensive guys weren’t ready for. I saw it at least 3 or 4 times especially in the first quarter.

Veteran
Reaction score
Not to mention Dobbs got here 2 minutes before week 1.

Besides MB, K1 is the only one remaining from the last 6 seasons of failure. Not much has changed

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They may have been better off spending two of those third rounders on pass rush help. I’m not sure there are any pass rushers from this past draft that have done anything though. Even the guys taken in the first round haven’t done much.
The 2024 draft didn't really have any pass rushers... 2025 will have a couple along with a few D Linemen......we need to grab at least 2 front 7 guys in the first three rounds...

But adding guys now that still have 3 or more seasons left in them wouldn't hurt...be like an early start to free agency.

Just don't wanna give up a first three rounds pick unless the player is really top notch

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
We have the cap space so I voted yes.

But how long before he is up to speed to contribute? Getting into football shape takes some time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22