Suns @ Nuggets Sunday game thread, October 13th, 2024: Preseason

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I like Bol, but I'm not sure how often he is a net positive. Perhaps him or Damion Lee, since Lee plays the same position as Gillespie, more or less.

IMO, Lee isn't going anywhere for now and Gillespie is on a two-way contract so he doesn't count toward the Suns 15-man roster.

Collin Gillespie falls into the point guard category.

"In a perfect world" of my own creating, I might waive Bol Bol and add Gillespie and Kaminsky to the regular roster, but the Suns seem enamored with him. Besides, the Suns might be right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am shocked. Just shocked. I was thinking of Scottie Pippen myself.

It's just preseason, but still, he looks so good. He looks better than Book did at this stage. He looks better than Mikal did at this stage. The combo of defense, quick hands, size, athleticism, mid-range offense, and now three-point shooting. It looks to me like he can go as far as has has it between his ears to go. I get the sense that he is more of a complementary player.

His great fortune is that he came into the league under a head coach who wants him to launch the three all the time. That does wonders for his development.
He might not be as tall as Scottie or Kawhi, which could ultimately keep my ridiculous question unanswered.

I just love his potential, athleticism, filthy defensive instincts and especially seeing how he’s shooting that rock.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
He might not be as tall as Scottie or Kawhi, which could ultimately keep my ridiculous question unanswered.

I just love his potential, athleticism, filthy defensive instincts and especially seeing how he’s shooting that rock.
His physical profile is pretty close to Kawhi (all numbers from draft combine)

PlayerHeight (without shoes)WeightWingspanStanding Reach
Ryan Dunn6' 6 1/4"213.67' 1 1/2"8' 7"
Kawhi Leonard6' 6"227 lbs7' 3"8' 10"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His physical profile is pretty close to Kawhi (all numbers from draft combine)

PlayerHeight (without shoes)WeightWingspanStanding Reach
Ryan Dunn6' 6 1/4"213.67' 1 1/2"8' 7"
Kawhi Leonard6' 6"227 lbs7' 3"8' 10"
Kawhi looks more 6’8 out there. Maybe it’s because of that standing reach/ridiculous wingspan.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got it. Herb Jones (sorry if someone here already made that comp).

Side note, Herb Jones will supposedly be the Pelicans starting Center this season. We'll see how long it lasts. I can't imagine that working well besides against Golden State and some other small teams. I'd consider the Suns small also but even against us I'd imagine Nurk would break the rebound record against NO. They don't have the shooters to pull that off. Weird roster construction. Feel for Willie Green.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22