Adrian Wilson Arrested For Domestic Violence, Fired By Panthers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking to abomb about this just yesterday. He fully believes that when A Dub is able to be tested, he will be a candidate of CTE.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he is.

I caught a DV charge once for fighting with my brother. It was dropped... but "domestic violence related" charges doesn't necessarily mean he was using his wife as a speed bag
Oaken...THIS! I can't tear A-Dub a new one and get all judgmental until I hear facts. God knows a marriage or long-term relationship involves TWO distinct personalities, and sometimes it gets heated. I've posted details of my own personal battles on this very site in full disclosure of things my wife and I went through, and there are always two sides to a story. I pray no one was severely harmed and he and his family can get through this.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oaken...THIS! I can't tear A-Dub a new one and get all judgmental until I hear facts. God knows a marriage or long-term relationship involves TWO distinct personalities, and sometimes it gets heated. I've posted details of my own personal battles on this very site in full disclosure of things my wife and I went through, and there are always two sides to a story. I pray no one was severely harmed and he and his family can get through this.
Facts don't make it any better. Drinking, arguing about an affair he had, getting out a Glock, threatening self-harm, etc. No wonder he was fired.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super disappointing for an ROH member…
Man that is terrible. Nothing excuses what AW did. However I hope that he gets the help that he needs and can turn his life around. Not only for himself but for everyone involved.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your lack of sympathy and/or empathy is just sad.
I was just responding to what Philly posted. I shared that we do know some facts now and they do not improve the situation.

I loved ADub as a player but that doesn't mean he's a great guy off the field or a great husband clearly. He did this to himself. Everything was set up for him to have a successful career and he literally threw that all away by some very dumb decisions. That's stuff he will need to deal with. I look at it from a view of personal responsibility and am not offering up excuses like CTE from the get-go since that won't be known for some time. Did CTE cause him to cheat on his wife? SMH.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just responding to what Philly posted. I shared that we do know some facts now and they do not improve the situation.

I loved ADub as a player but that doesn't mean he's a great guy off the field or a great husband clearly. He did this to himself. Everything was set up for him to have a successful career and he literally threw that all away by some very dumb decisions. That's stuff he will need to deal with.

I look at it from a view of personal responsibility and am not offering up excuses like CTE from the get-go since that won't be known for some time. Did CTE cause him to cheat on his wife? SMH.
Nobody can tell if he has CTE right now, but if he does, it is literal brain damage. It may be impossible for him to think as rationally as you expect. CTE is only speculation, and doesn't have any bearing on my point.

It is disingenuous to first claim that you are just posting facts, and then be judgmental at the same time. The next time that I see you having sympathy or empathy for people in a bad situation, would be the first.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody can tell if he has CTE right now, but if he does, it is literal brain damage. It may be impossible for him to think as rationally as you expect. CTE is only speculation, and doesn't have any bearing on my point.

It is disingenuous to first claim that you are just posting facts, and then be judgmental at the same time. The next time that I see you having sympathy or empathy for people in a bad situation, would be the first.
I apologize that my level of sympathy or empathy for a confirmed adulterer and alleged domestic assault perpetrator is not to your liking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Y'all DV laws are weird.

DV here is abusing your partner. Wild that you can get DV headlines for fighting with your brother or other male family member.
People don’t get DV headlines for fighting with their brothers. Wilson’s headlines are for throwing several items, including a lamp and incense holder, before choking and pushing his wife, according to the police report.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s accused of assaulting his wife after he found out she cheated on him.
He is the one who cheated on her and he admitted it. She wanted the divorce and that's why he flew off the handle.

You must be registered for see images attach

What led to Adrian Wilson allegedly assaulting his wife?​

Alicia Wilson told police in an interview that she hired a private investigator, who discovered her husband was having an affair.

Adrian Wilson admitted to the affair and said “I was going through something there and I needed you and you weren’t there for me and she restored me and helped put me back together,” according to the police report.

Alicia Wilson and the rest of the family did not move to Charlotte after her husband took the job, according to the police report.

The couple hadn’t seen each other for six months prior to the incident, according to the report.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
People don’t get DV headlines for fighting with their brothers. Wilson’s headlines are for throwing several items, including a lamp and incense holder, before choking and pushing his wife, according to the police report.
Yeah, AW was one of my heroes growing up, but cheating on your wife and then attacking her physically...that kind of stuff marks you as a bad person for life.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, AW was one of my heroes growing up, but cheating on your wife and then attacking her physically...that kind of stuff marks you as a bad person for life.
Sounds like they were basically separated, too. She didn't move with the children to Charlotte and AW was staying in the guest house and not the main house when here in AZ, The article states they hadn't even seen each other in 6 months prior to the incident.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize that my level of sympathy or empathy for a confirmed adulterer and alleged domestic assault perpetrator is not to your liking.
Please don't apologize to me when we both know you don't really mean it.

You have always had this type of attitude. In some way, it is respectable.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Super disappointing for an ROH member…

Adrian Wilson then retrieved a Glock handgun from a safe but Alicia Wilson had removed the magazines, so she did not believe it was loaded, according to the police report. Shortly after, Alicia Wilson was able to escape the house and drove to a nearby friend’s residence, the report said. The couple’s three children were in the home at the time of the assault, according to the report.

Wilson then got into his vehicle and drove around, calling multiple people, including his mother and daughter. He told his mother he wanted to shoot himself and “felt the urge because I felt like nobody cared,” according to the police report.

Ugh, this could have easily gotten much much worse very quickly. We can all be thankful no rounds were fired.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
So sad, AW was the spirit of our defense for many years. He obviously is dealing with some stuff and made an extremely poor decision. His career in the NFL is over- and sounds like it is deserved, just sad to see. Hopefully he gets the help he desperately needs and can turn his life around