Adrian Wilson Arrested For Domestic Violence, Fired By Panthers

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I’m not passing any judgement. Just because cops write something in a report, doesn’t make it true (yes, they make errors, commit things to print without verifying, and even flat out lie); just because a (scorned) woman says something doesn’t make it factual (women are also human: they will embellish, convince themselves of facts, and even lie). Most private investigators are about as trustworthy as a car salesman: they work for their client, and they will do anything they can to make the $$ keep coming in, to include coaching on how to get a leg up in dissolution. DV is the number 1 surefire tactic for a woman to take. Just because a reporter/journalist/etc writes a “story,” tweets something, or declares “facts,” absolutely 100% doesn’t make it so. When I was in film school, my creative writing ✍️ instructor (who finally had a couple scripts turned into film) couldn’t find a job in Hollywood right away. His first job? Reporter/story teller for the St. Louis post dispatch. He straight up told us he would take parts of information (from seemingly different instances/moments in time) to write “a story. It’s all about the story. Did I use elements from different times to write my articles? You bet I did. It’s all about selling the story.”

Over 80% of orders of protection in maricopa taken out in Maricopa County come as petitions of dissolution are filed (concurrently). So when the divorce is on the table, he suddenly became a bad guy??? Adrian was married to his wife the majority of his career, has a family (my boys and I met him at a Peter piper in Scottsdale with his family about 6 years ago), and suddenly he becomes a super villain?

He spent 6 months away from home working for the panthers. You mean his wife couldn’t have left the kids with the grandma a couple weekends a month to take a 4 hr red eye to charlotte to see her husband?

Hell, I don’t know what the problems in their relationship were, but I know enough about relationships to know it’s never cut and dry- idgaf what Scottsdale pd, Kyle overrated, arizonasports, azcentral, or the Pope has to state on the matter.

Feel bad for the guy and his family. You idiots here have fun trashing him and burning your 24 jerseys with the limited/sparced/and speculative information you all find online. I’m gonna hold off on the guy because he deserves due process, and, it’s none of my effin business… peace.

Reaction score
Wife-found-out-he-was-cheating-itis.
It was the wife that was cheating, not A-Dub.

As for the rest of it, I'm sure they both did "things". . . But the behavior of A-Dub if accurate, speaks loudly of CTE behavior, i.e. - violent outburst, thoughts of suicide. Significantly, most people would say that Wilson was a "stand-up" guy prior to this incident.

Again, I'm not excusing anything that Wilson may have done, as he is ultimately responsible for his behavior, regardless. But this definitely fits a the profile of CTE behavior!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As for the rest of it, I'm sure they both did "things". . . But the behavior of A-Dub if accurate, speaks loudly of CTE behavior, i.e. - violent outburst, thoughts of suicide. Significantly, most people would say that Wilson was a "stand-up" guy prior to this incident.

Again, I'm not excusing anything that Wilson may have done, as he is ultimately responsible for his behavior, regardless. But this definitely fits a the profile of CTE behavior!
Go re-read whichever article you read about the situation. He cheated. He even admitted to it.

Whether he is suffering from CTE won't be known until he's dead based on previous cases. And you're correct - that is not an excuse. Plenty of others suffering from CTE haven't attacked their spouses.

As for being a "stand-up guy" - how much do we really know about any of the players we look up to? We only know what we're shown. We fill in the rest assuming they are wonderful people.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m appreciative of finding a cool little groove here, midlife, where I don’t judge people for things I didn’t witness, especially if I haven’t also walked in their shoes. It enables me to wish the best for all and focus instead on bettering the man in the mirror. I don’t mean that in a snarky way either. Just trying to spread the love, here.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This happens all over the country day in and day out and 1000s of times a day all around the country and CTE has nothing to do with it. This is far from just CTE “behavior” just because he played football doesn’t mean that’s an automatic.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happens all over the country day in and day out and 1000s of times a day all around the country and CTE has nothing to do with it. This is far from just CTE “behavior” just because he played football doesn’t mean that’s an automatic.
No, but it is a simple way to excuse the actions of one of your favorite players - who, by the facts in the case, also appeared to drink and drive in order to show up at the residence drunk.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but it is a simple way to excuse the actions of one of your favorite players - who, by the facts in the case, also appeared to drink and drive in order to show up at the residence drunk.
I thought he was in the guest house? Was that not the case? I'm honestly asking. I agree though.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was in the guest house? Was that not the case? I'm honestly asking. I agree though.
Yes, until the incident it has been reported that he was staying in the guest house and they had not seen one another for six months. He allegedly showed up drunk to the main house on that night in June.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, until the incident it has been reported that he was staying in the guest house and they had not seen one another for six months. He allegedly showed up drunk to the main house on that night in June.
I got that part, but I thought I read he was drunk at the guest house and walked over to main house. It sounded like it's all on the same property. I hadn't seen he drove drunk, which makes it worse.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got that part, but I thought I read he was drunk at the guest house and walked over to main house. It sounded like it's all on the same property. I hadn't seen he drove drunk, which makes it worse.
From an earlier article posted on here:

Wilson, 44, was drunk and returned to his family’s Scottsdale home around 1 a.m. on June 1 and found separation papers from his wife, Alicia, according to the police report obtained Tuesday by Arizona Sports.

Adrian Wilson, who stayed in the family guest house, then went to the home and got into an argument with Alicia in her bedroom, the report said. Adrian Wilson threw several items, including a lamp and incense holder, before choking and pushing his wife, according to the police report.

———————————

Then, after his wife removed herself from the house, he drove around with the gun making phone calls. He clearly would have still been drunk at that time, too.

According to The Atlantic article, police were called by the couple’s daughter. So the kids were aware of the situation. Just another layer of sadness in this domestic situation.

Reaction score
Didn't imply that it is automatic; but it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone say that it is, would, or should be an excuse for his actions! I've clearly stated, twice, I don't accept it as an excuse!! However, given what is known about CTE and how it manifests it would be ignorant to discard CTE as being a POSSIBLE contributing factor! That's all I am saying!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lmao.....

The primary reason I left my first wife was due to her talent to take me from the best day of my life to "I'm gonna kill this bitch" in ten seconds or less at will.
She could push all my buttons and transform me into a completely different man in an instant...I determined right away she was not safe for me to be around.
The line between love and hate is paper thin.
Been divorced 25 years and I would still give my life to keep her safe. But I won't sit down and have a conversation with her...she can still turn me into a psycho killer with an off hand comment.

When people get fully into their Eros good decision making evaporates.