Aeneas Williams is Sunday's honorary captain!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love it if we have him an honorary SuperBowl ring as well.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to honorary vomit for McNabb very soon I'm getting so nervous.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm going to honorary vomit for McNabb very soon I'm getting so nervous.
I took the day off of work. I told my boss that I wouldn't get anything done if I came in so I might as well take it off.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I heard on Ktar that Roger Wehrli was going to be at the game also. I think many of the old timers will be in attendance.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Can this game get any better??

WOW!!!!

:thumbup:

I know!!! When he was at the game earlier this year the man moved me to tears! I hope he does the same this time. He was always one of my favorites and I bet this game means as much or more to him than the current players!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I know!!! When he was at the game earlier this year the man moved me to tears! I hope he does the same this time. He was always one of my favorites and I bet this game means as much or more to him than the current players!

Totally agree dude... His speech was incredible, mainly because his passion and sincerity was so visible!!! I love the guy and guess what - he loves us!!!!

HooverDam

Reaction score
Very cool, but when Gambo and Ash interviewed that 87 year old from the 1947 championship team and mentioned there are 5 living members, I thought to myself I hope the Bidwills find a way to honor them. Maybe if the Cards make it to the Superbowl those 5 can be flown to Tampa and recognized as Captains or something.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
I heard on Ktar that Roger Wehrli was going to be at the game also. I think many of the old timers will be in attendance.

Roger was interviewed on the St Louis Radio Station and he stated that there are more players going to the game. Dierdorf, Hart,Wilson and a few more are going to be there. He also stated that most of the older players that still live in St Louis are rooting for the Cardinals to win.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Roger was interviewed on the St Louis Radio Station and he stated that there are more players going to the game. Dierdorf, Hart,Wilson and a few more are going to be there. He also stated that most of the older players that still live in St Louis are rooting for the Cardinals to win.

It will be soooooooo great for all those great former players to see history!!!
Go BIG RED!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, in Aeneas speech, he pointed to the rafters and said we would hang a divisional championship banner up there after this season. DONE. Then, he said a Super Bowl banner would be going right next to it.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Totally agree dude... His speech was incredible, mainly because his passion and sincerity was so visible!!! I love the guy and guess what - he loves us!!!!

Totally agree. I thought about trying to write him a letter about it, even though I never do anything like that. What floored me about the whole thing, was that in the ceremony that was about honoring him, all he wanted to do was talk about the fact we were closing in on the Division Championship and maybe even a Superbowl. It was about him, but all he wanted to talk about was us. I love that guy. It makes me want to win even harder, so we don't let him down. Total class move. Glad those other guys are going to be there as well.

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Remember, in Aeneas speech, he pointed to the rafters and said we would hang a divisional championship banner up there after this season. DONE. Then, he said a Super Bowl banner would be going right next to it.

I have a feeling it was prophetic!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Aeneas pissed me off when he left, he demanded a trade and became a problem. That being said, I am glad he has returned to the organization if even in an "honorary" capacity, he and Frank Sanders were my favorite players on those mid-90's teams.