In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I wish that was the way it would play out but, I doubt it. If he's as good as we hope he will be, he'll probably be looking for a new deal after his third year or his fourth year at the latest. JMO.
And if he is as advertised they absolutely should extend him as soon as they can. With an extension he still plays out his rookie deal. Just gets a fat signing bonus...and waiting 2 more years to do it is just going to cost the team more money

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And if he is as advertised they absolutely should extend him as soon as they can. With an extension he still plays out his rookie deal. Just gets a fat signing bonus...and waiting 2 more years to do it is just going to cost the team more money
oaken, I agree with the above. My point was that, from a Salary Cap POV, we'll have him on his rookie deal for a couple of years at most.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
oaken, I agree with the above. My point was that, from a Salary Cap POV, we'll have him on his rookie deal for a couple of years at most.
I believe they'll make him play out his rookie contract. Then his fifth year option that is when his extension kicks in. He'll get a big signing bonus to extended early tho, then the cards could account for that over an extra year. Of course just my opinion

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
WC, hope you're correct.
I mean the fifth year option is over 22 million, so that's a pretty good pay day. Will be higher when he gets there. So the the best option is to get him to sign an(extension) before then so that 22 mil could be stretched out as to not have all that hit you're cap all at once. But again that's providing he proves to be the player we all hope he will be. Either way good problem to have.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt realize the LT was sitting out all camp too with a contract dispute.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good for him. He just got paid! I have a feeling he never wanted to leave at all, but the 9ers gave into his demands.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Brandon Aiyuk’s offseason included a public trade request, tweeting at Mike Tomlin, posting photos with Jayden Daniels, sharing a FaceTime with Daniels saying "they don't want me back," getting permission to negotiate a contract with other teams, and nearly being traded multiple times.In the end, both sides came together, and Aiyuk signed a long-term deal with San Francisco

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Brandon Aiyuk’s offseason included a public trade request, tweeting at Mike Tomlin, posting photos with Jayden Daniels, sharing a FaceTime with Daniels saying "they don't want me back," getting permission to negotiate a contract with other teams, and nearly being traded multiple times.In the end, both sides came together, and Aiyuk signed a long-term deal with San Francisco
Geez, all Murray did was remove Cards from his IG and got blasted. Imagine if Kyler tweeted at McCarthy, FaceTimed with Dak, etc....hahaha