Aldridge chat

fordronken

Reaction score
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5337

Darius (Oakland): Who is your sleeper star player to get dealt this summer? I'm thinking Ray Allen will be gone from the great northwest...

David Aldridge: Ray potentially being dealt is no "sleeper." That's been written about for weeks. Shareef Abdur-Rahim, too. I think there's a chance Shawn Marion could be dealt--though not for TMac, as has been rumored.

Let the speculation begin.

And the David Aldridge bashing.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
elindholm said:
Marion to Dallas for Bradley and Fortson works.

The Mavs could use another wing scorer. Plus, imagine how much fun the practices would be between Zarko and Fortson.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
If not for Mcgrady who would the Suns move Marion for? I cant think of anyone off the top of my head. There are only 10 or so players I would trade Shawn for and I'm pretty sure none of them are getting traded.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
There was some speculation before of a Pierce-Marion trade, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea. However, since Ainge seems to like over paid point guars and mid-round draft picks, we could offer Eisley, White and a future first for Pierce. What do you think?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
If not for Mcgrady who would the Suns move Marion for? I cant think of anyone off the top of my head. There are only 10 or so players I would trade Shawn for and I'm pretty sure none of them are getting traded.
If you are thinking straight up.

Peja Stojakovic
Rashard Lewis
Paul Pierce
Eddy Curry/Tyson Chandler and the Bulls pick plus a contract or something

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
slinslin said:
If you are thinking straight up.

Peja Stojakovic
Rashard Lewis
Paul Pierce
Eddy Curry/Tyson Chandler and the Bulls pick plus a contract or something

The only one on that list that I make the trade for is Curry. Not that the other players arent good, but I dont think they make the team any better than what they are now with Marion...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Depends on what you could get with them.

I like Peja's shooting and size. If the Kings offered Peja and Bobby Jackson for Marion and Milos for example?

I really like Rashard Lewis game. Nice shooting, really good size, young. Who knows what we could get. Maybe Lewis, James and Barry for Marion and White or Eisley even as well as swapping picks or whatever.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
The only one on that list that I make the trade for is Curry. Not that the other players arent good, but I dont think they make the team any better than what they are now with Marion...

Having a rock-solid shooter like Stojakovich would really help out the inside game. In fact, though it'd be hard to work out, I may really like the idea using Marion to get a guy like Michael Redd who doesn't need to be the man, plays great team ball, and can shoot like crazy. That would mean JJ could still keep the ball in his hands to stay agressive, but we've got a 20 a night scorer who you can't ever leave alone.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Did you know that Michael Redd actually has one of the worst +/- statistics in the entire league?

If we traded Marion we don't necessarily need a SF to replace him but it wouldn't hurt to get a big SF in return with nice shooting touch.
I would really like to get Darius Miles as a FA for his size, defense, upside and youth if we traded Marion away and didn't get a replacement in return.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If the Kings offered Peja and Bobby Jackson for Marion and Milos for example?

If Jackson is healthy, hell yes. But I've heard that the injury could affect him for the rest of his career.

I really like Rashard Lewis game. Nice shooting, really good size, young.

No thank you. He spends WAY too much time in the corner looking lost and his game is "sleepy" in general. (Have you seen him play much?) He would be a definite downgrade from Marion.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He has a better contract than Marion though.

Marion spends a lot of time in the corner as well. I think Lewis has a better offensive game as he is more versatile and can post up. He could really explode with an inside presence like Amare on the team. Something the Sonics really lack.
He is like a poor mans Kevin Garnett.

Rashard Lewis, 24 years old, 6'10 although I heard Eddie Johnson or someone referring to him as a 7-footer. He is probably between 6'10-7'.

Shawn Marion for Curry, Robinson and #3?

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
There is no freaking way that Rashard Lewis is seven feet tall, not even in NBA height.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Having a rock-solid shooter like Stojakovich would really help out the inside game. In fact, though it'd be hard to work out, I may really like the idea using Marion to get a guy like Michael Redd who doesn't need to be the man, plays great team ball, and can shoot like crazy. That would mean JJ could still keep the ball in his hands to stay agressive, but we've got a 20 a night scorer who you can't ever leave alone.

Hed be nice to have for the regular season as long as we dont make the playoffs and need him to perform. He disapears every year in the playoffs. No thanks I'll pass on Peja...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take Rashard Lewis over Marion most days of the week - with Him and Amare up front and KObe and JJ in the back-court - whooeeee - 6'7, 6'8, 6'10, 6,9 starting guards and forwards - that team could defend ANYONE - except Shaq - but without KObe - Shaq's dust anyways.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I would take Rashard Lewis over Marion most days of the week - with Him and Amare up front and KObe and JJ in the back-court - whooeeee - 6'7, 6'8, 6'10, 6,9 starting guards and forwards - that team could defend ANYONE - except Shaq - but without KObe - Shaq's dust anyways.

REVEREND!

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
I always kind of assume that Amare will become our killer down the stretch. I think he's got what it takes to do that. Any other star on our team(with the exception of Kobe) would just end up as number two.

Brett10S

Reaction score
If we are trading Marion for someone not named TMac, then we better be certain we're getting Kobe. Marion for any of these players will probably mean two + more years before this team is a contender, and won't make me happy.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
Brett10S said:
If we are trading Marion for someone not named TMac, then we better be certain we're getting Kobe. Marion for any of these players will probably mean two + more years before this team is a contender, and won't make me happy.

Remember that trading Marion does not mean losing out on Kobe.

Brett10S

Reaction score
fordronken said:
Remember that trading Marion does not mean losing out on Kobe.
I know that. My point is only that we need one of those two, IMO. I was saying that trading Marion for someone like Rashard Lewis is something I think we should only do if we are certain to get Kobe. Cuz doing that eliminates the possibility of TMac

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Danny Ainge traded Paul Pierce for Shawn Marion the Bostonians would string him up and castrate him in front of the FleetCenter... even if we included the #7 draft pick they would probably be upset. What about Shawn Marion to Cleveland for Illgauskus? I'm just throwing out ideas.

Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05