Aldridge Update

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Watching Duncan play is like watching paint dry.

As much as I want the Suns to win it all i still have to watch the games.

devilalum - I'm sure you could have found away somehow to enjoy yelling YEAH! twice in the last five years as Duncan lead his team to a victory in the last NBA game of the season. I don't care about exciting right now - I want wins - get 'em anyway you can - Amare is freaking awesome though - I wouldn't even trade Yao for him - Yao doesn't have Amare's killer instict which stands taller than the difference in height between the two IMO.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Would the Suns want #1 to take a PF sized player , pay him like 4M$ immediately?

Okafor measured a solid 6' 10" in shoes. I'd guess that's as tall as half of the NBA players in the league who are listed at 6' 11".

He has the height to play center and can develop the strength. Whether he can be effective is another story, but if he fails, it won't be for lack of size.

apparently there are still some real questions about Okafor's back. I honestly don't think Dwight Howard is going to be that great. It may be that the Orlando Magic don't either. Still, I would expect that they could do better than Jason Terry, #6, and #14 at this point. Terry's contract is not terrible at around $16 million for the next two seasons. I would want a future first-round draft pick as well at least.

Dick Van Arsdale raised the question about Okafor's back yesterday on ESPN insiders on NBA TV.

Joe Mama

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a purely talent approach, the best player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant.I'd trade Amare AND JJ AND Marion for him. Having said that, no way we get Kobe and I'm glad.

He's a scum of a human and a selfish egomaniac.

So I guess I vote we keep Amare.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Looks like the Magic are trading #1 for Terry, #6 and #17.....

Throw in Magic contracts to make it work under the cap etc.

I've heard that rumor but it was for a trade for the #2 pick with the Bobcats if Okafor was picked first.

Its a rumor so take it for what its worth

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
apparently there are still some real questions about Okafor's back.

Okay, fine, but $14 million over three years is hardly an unreasonable risk.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Aldridge just said that Orlando will look to the Suns if Francis's meeting with the Magic does not go well. That meeting will not happen until this weekend though.