alki smith

seesred

Reaction score
Smith may be released on Monday or Tuesday. This kid and he is a kid has a lot of the t word potential. I would bring him in for a lok see. As a second string behind Blake. He has experiance and has been very good at times. What doi you all think? Woth a shot?

GBR

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No. Not even worth the plane ticket. I'd rather have Preston Parsons. We've shown that this coaching staff is unable to develop talent in the quarterback position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
No. Not even worth the plane ticket. I'd rather have Preston Parsons. We've shown that this coaching staff is unable to develop talent in the quarterback position.

When did they show that? :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by seesred
Smith may be released on Monday or Tuesday. This kid and he is a kid has a lot of the t word potential. I would bring him in for a lok see. As a second string behind Blake. He has experiance and has been very good at times. What doi you all think? Woth a shot?

GBR

when the hell has akili EVER BEEN VERY GOOD AT TIMES! guys, just cause some one is availbale, doesn't mean we need him!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: alki smith

Originally posted by cheesebeef
when the hell has akili EVER BEEN VERY GOOD AT TIMES! guys, just cause some one is availbale, doesn't mean we need him!

Well, hello there Peaches! How the hell are ya?!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: alki smith

Originally posted by SECTION 11
Well, hello there Peaches! How the hell are ya?!

bored to tears, my friend. bored to tears. That was just the last blip of energy coming out of my fingers. Didn't mean to seem so harsh.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
When did they show that? :rolleyes:

Um... Jake Plummer got WORSE over his time as a starting QB. When was the last time that you said, "Well, McCown might not look like much right now, but wait until Geep Chryst gets a hold of him. Watch out, Mike Vick!" Chris Griesen never learned anything during his tenure here. Is there a QB that got better during his stay? In recent memory?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score

GBR

That is Alchy not Alki.......:D

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Potential....

Hmmm....

Potential Potential Potenial.

(mulling over)

Po-Tential.

Poten-Tial.

I agree. That is a "T" word.

Let's sign him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Um... Jake Plummer got WORSE over his time as a starting QB. When was the last time that you said, "Well, McCown might not look like much right now, but wait until Geep Chryst gets a hold of him. Watch out, Mike Vick!" Chris Griesen never learned anything during his tenure here. Is there a QB that got better during his stay? In recent memory?

No Jake didn't get worse, he just didn't get any better.

I think, like usual, you are jumping the gun. Plummer sucked to begin with, and probably will always suck. And it's not like we have had the talent at the QB position, until one real green Josh McCown was drafted.

Time will tell, but Plummer is not a good example. He worked with Trestman for 2 years, and made Trestman look like an idiot.....we all know how that turned out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Beef- availBALE??? Was that a Freudian slip?

Perhaps the hippie lettuce IS addictive!

don't know about addictive, but i def have some residue mind-numbness today - Damn if I didn't get home from seeing the Matrix again last night to find my roomates wasted and all rile dup to go strip-clubbing. Gotta love the random blasted wed. night skank session till 4 in the AM. Me tired.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think much of him to begin with....so that really isn't a good example.

Hence, he had nowhere to go but up, and he didn't. He's stinking it up in NFL Europe as we speak. Thus, he did not 'develop'. He was a turd that stayed a turd, and did not turn into prime rib or even "goulash surprise".

Others?

Dave Brown......

Jake Plummer......

Hell, I can't even think of anyone else who's been here the last 4 years or so, they've been so unmemorable. There was that dude who wore #9 that was on the practice squad a year but they didn't even play him in preseason.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
don't know about addictive, but i def have some residue mind-numbness today - Damn if I didn't get home from seeing the Matrix again last night to find my roomates wasted and all rile dup to go strip-clubbing. Gotta love the random blasted wed. night skank session till 4 in the AM. Me tired.

Speekin of Strip clubs- Did you know that Portland has more Strip Clubs than any other city?

Per Capita (spelling???) that is.

Buck a$$ naked I tell ya... or in this case Butt a$$ naked.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Hence, he had nowhere to go but up, and he didn't. He's stinking it up in NFL Europe as we speak. Thus, he did not 'develop'. He was a turd that stayed a turd, and did not turn into prime rib or even "goulash surprise".

Others?

Dave Brown......

Jake Plummer......

Hell, I can't even think of anyone else who's been here the last 4 years or so, they've been so unmemorable. There was that dude who wore #9 that was on the practice squad a year but they didn't even play him in preseason.

Well you can't turn a turd into a sundae, or whatever the expression is. The Giants couldn't turn Dave Brown into anything at all, and I don't think anyone could.

Sometimes subpar talent never gets better, I think that you understand that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you can't turn a turd into a sundae, or whatever the expression is. The Giants couldn't turn Dave Brown into anything at all, and I don't think anyone could.

Sometimes subpar talent never gets better, I think that you understand that.

Whether it's the talent evaluation, the coaching, or both, something hasn't been working at the QB spot.

I'll freely admit I'm not a Geep Chryst fan. I'd have fired him this offseason if I was King For a Day.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GBR

Man I should really look into the spell check add-on for this board...

:)

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05