All-NBA Teams

TheMachine

Reaction score
WTF

No "i cant believe Kobe made the 1st team. God...people are morons...he dont deserve to be on it." comments?

;)

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
God, that's easy. 1st team wins 4-0.

The defense of team 1 would be.. astounding. Team 2 would never score.

On that note, what's up with putting Amare as a center? They shouldn't just be able to move people around at will to get them where they want them. Amare is a PF now, he should be ranked against other PF's.

Come on now. No WAY does Stern let it be a sweep! :thumbup:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I wonder if given a full season as a 4 Amare could make 1st team next year. The guy can ball...

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
2007-08 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
Position Player, Team (1st Team Votes) Points
Forward Kevin Garnett, Boston (118) 612
Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (117) 610
Center Dwight Howard, Orlando (86) 546
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (127) 635
Guard Chris Paul, New Orleans (124) 629

http://www.nba.com/news/all_nba_080508.html
So are all these guys on the Olympic team? I noticed that they are all American. Seems like a gold lock to me...

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I wonder if given a full season as a 4 Amare could make 1st team next year. The guy can ball...
And who is he going to replace? He's not as explosive as LBJ and KG plays defense too.

He's got far less competition at the center position, especially with Duncan being classified as a forward. But even then, Dwight Howard looks to be the prime center in this league for the next few years, depending on what Oden can do.

nowagimp

Reaction score
And who is he going to replace? He's not as explosive as LBJ and KG plays defense too.

He's got far less competition at the center position, especially with Duncan being classified as a forward. But even then, Dwight Howard looks to be the prime center in this league for the next few years, depending on what Oden can do.

Yeah, amares lack of D may keep him from ever being all NBA again.

OP
OP
LV-Suns

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Interesting that on the USA Team, Dwight was the starter and Amare was his back-up.

Amare started couple game in the FIBA over Dwight.

Dwight mainly started because Team USA starts two SFs and they would like to have a big man to for the dirty work.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I agree. the 4 is loaded with talent that is hard to compare. TD, dirk, boozer, amare, west, KG. It's hard for anyone of those guys to just clearly seperate from the rest of the bunch. IMO KG had a hyped year...but he gets in done in all aspects which you have to respect. the 5...howard is a beast. he rebounds...defends...and scores. gasol is in the next lower class of big men.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare started couple game in the FIBA over Dwight.

Dwight mainly started because Team USA starts two SFs and they would like to have a big man to for the dirty work.

More importantly, all starters except for C are already dominant scorers. They surely don't have to go all offense with Amare replacing Dwight. It's just more balanced this way.