Amare on the block.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
The fast-sinking Raptors are looking to shake things up and have talked to the Suns about trading Amare Stoudemire. But unless they decide to part with Chris Bosh, chances are slim that Raptors president Bryan Colangelo will get the All-Star power forward he drafted out of high school in 2002 when he was Phoenix’s top basketball executive. Bosh has missed the last two games with a sprained knee and his future in Toronto, beyond 2010 - when he becomes a free agent - is up in the air. So Toronto might be forced to get something for him. Detroit has been linked to Bosh in 2010, so it's entirely possible that the Pistons will try to make it a three-way deal. Detroit's Tayshaun Prince is being mentioned as one of the primary players who would end up with the Suns. New York Daily News

I like Prince very much, but this rumor is highly suspectable, because besides Bosh and Rasheed, I can't find another PF in either Detroit or Toronto to be our future starting PF.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I like Prince very much, but this rumor is highly suspectable, because besides Bosh and Rasheed, I can't find another PF in either Detroit or Toronto to be our future starting PF.

I think you mean 'highly suspect', and any trade involving Amare doesn't have to land the Suns their starting future PF. Just as long as they get a starter of potential All Star caliber at some position.

Lopez/Amudson

Lopezx2 60

I'm hoping Im not reading this right but are you proposing Robin Lopez play 20-30 minutes a game? And start? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Robin play 10 minutes a game like he is now and you want to double it, that seems a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping Im not reading this right but are you proposing Robin Lopez play 20-30 minutes a game? And start? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Robin play 10 minutes a game like he is now and you want to double it, that seems a recipe for disaster.

i agree, we gotta keep one big man either shaq or amare.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Who in the league RIGHT NOW is a legit Superstar to build around? You guys are delusional if you think we are going to get any of those guys. The best we can hope for is to keep Amare and get other stars around him that do cover his defensive lapses. Thats a whole lot better than praying we get a bigger Superstar than Amare.
LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Garnett/Pierce, Dwight Howard, Duncan and maybe Dwayne Wade are these guys and no, we're not going to get anyone by trade. Too bad you need at least one of them (with a great surrounding cast) to win championships...

So why build around Amaré and soon give him a third of the salary cap, (thus killing any possibility of improvement via free agency) to get kicked out of the playoffs year after year ? The Suns may get that legit superstar in a few years, but to do so they need cap space and/or high draft picks.

Hindsight is an interesting thing. Think if we would have moved Stoudemire for JRich, Felton, Alexis Ajinca and their first rounder?

Nash/Felton
JRich/Barbs
Hill/Barnes
Diaw/Amudson
Shaq/Ajinca/Lopez

We'd also be set for a decent future with felton/jrich/barbs in our backcourt and would have some decent expirings to get a solid SF in 2010
I like my trade revision better, but yours is probably more realistic :)
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1934122&postcount=80

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I think you mean 'highly suspect', and any trade involving Amare doesn't have to land the Suns their starting future PF. Just as long as they get a starter of potential All Star caliber at some position.

My bad using a wrong word.

I do mean we need a PF back in any deal. Unless you think Amundson is good enough to start? Even that, we are way too thin at PF position. It's not necessarily a star, a mid-level role player at least.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I do mean we need a PF back in any deal. Unless you think Amundson is good enough to start? Even that, we are way too thin at PF position. It's not necessarily a star, a mid-level role player at least.

I thought you were saying we need a PF of the future back in a deal, I misunderstood. I agree we need someone who can hold the fort down for this year at the 4 spot at least until the Suns could land a PF in the lottery hopefully. Thats why I like the idea of dealing with OKC so much, they seem to have all the pieces we'd want and they're all on expiring deals.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Besides, sending Amare to OKC puts him in the middle of nowhere, which I am in full support of. He's a gutless POS who doesn't deserve the spotlight of NYK, MIA, CHI or LAL, for example.

Beyond that, imagine the defense you would see out of a Stoudemire-Durant front court. Even D'Antoni would wince....

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Besides, sending Amare to OKC puts him in the middle of nowhere, which I am in full support of. He's a gutless POS who doesn't deserve the spotlight of NYK, MIA, CHI or LAL, for example.

Beyond that, imagine the defense you would see out of a Stoudemire-Durant front court. Even D'Antoni would wince....

When I read posts like that I think you are the gutless POS here.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
This is under the assumption that the twins are able to like communicate and stuff in their own language without speaking or something. He's gotta play better with his brother next to him, right? :p

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is under the assumption that the twins are able to like communicate and stuff in their own language without speaking or something. He's gotta play better with his brother next to him, right? :p

If I remember correctly even at Stanford the coach seemed to avoid putting them on the floor at the same time.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

"suspectable"

I wish this was my member name.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05