Amare on the block.

nowagimp

Reaction score
do you have a better alternative than rebuilding around amar'e? do u think with picks and cap room and tons of profit for sarver we can credibly rebuild it around some other comparable talent?:sad::mad::(

Yeah, the better alternative, rebuilding around dragic and lopez is already in progress. Saverkerr will deliver the suns to to .....?

nowagimp

Reaction score
do you have a better alternative than rebuilding around amar'e? do u think with picks and cap room and tons of profit for sarver we can credibly rebuild it around some other comparable talent?:sad::mad::(
dragic and lopez?

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score

better to start rebuilding now than waste another 6 years with his lazy ass. how can you watch him play defense and rebound and seriously want to rebuild around him? it's disgusting.

he's been my favorite sun since his rookie year but he doesn't back anything up he says anymore. it's all about amare, amar'e, amare' or whatever the hell else his management team is calling him these days.

get some draft picks, young talent, and a new coach in here and start over. if you get lucky with a superstar, great. if not, try trading for one like most championship teams do to put you over the top.

JustinD

Veteran
Reaction score
The kid is still young, you aren't going to get a better player for him. Wouldn't you rebuild around Amare?

NO THANK YOU !

Hasnt he had enough of a chance to prove that he is worth rebuilding around.

Bottom line is that we are not capable of winning a title with this underachieving roster. Why not make some moves to benefit the team financially for the future and start over.....

The best move would be moving Shaq....but with his $20 Million price tag that is probably a bigger challenge than moving Amare

Last edited:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
better to start rebuilding now than waste another 6 years with his lazy ass. how can you watch him play defense and rebound and seriously want to rebuild around him? it's disgusting.

he's been my favorite sun since his rookie year but he doesn't back anything up he says anymore. it's all about amare, amar'e, amare' or whatever the hell else his management team is calling him these days.

get some draft picks, young talent, and a new coach in here and start over. if you get lucky with a superstar, great. if not, try trading for one like most championship teams do to put you over the top.

The Suns office has always liked the term flexibility, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see expiring contracts here and a deal devoid of young talent.

If anything...until off season.

cly2tw

Reaction score

That's easier said than done. You don't know what you have until you lost it, like in case of JoeJohnson. And, the way it looks, with your ideas, we officially become Phoenix Clippers the moment Amare is gone.:(

cly2tw

Reaction score
NO THANK YOU !

Bottom line is that we are not capable of winning a title with this underachieving roster. Why not make some moves to benefit the team financially for the future and start over.....

The best move would be moving Shaq....but with his $20 Million price tag that is probably a bigger challenge than moving Amare

The answer is NO! Joe Johnson in Atlanta and Dirk in Dallas got their chances, Amare never.

It's not saying we shouldn't trade him away. It's just hypocritical to use your reason doing it. If any player, Nash is the one who must go.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
The answer is NO! Joe Johnson in Atlanta and Dirk in Dallas got their chances, Amare never.

It's not saying we shouldn't trade him away. It's just hypocritical to use your reason doing it.
I agree he never has really had the chance to lead a team someone has always controlled it or got in his way of fully controlling it. Nash, Shaq, Marbury, and Johnson are just some of the names. Watch what he does at this All Star game, he and Paul were the best players on that team last year.

JustinD

Veteran
Reaction score
I do not agree with the new coach part....

I think Porter is a fine coach. He is just forced to try and make a defensive team out of a bunch of spoiled "d'antoni" offensive guys. As much as I have loved to watch our team over the last few seasons, it is obvious we are due for a change. If that entails moving towards a more defensive minded roster, then we need to make some moves. These guys are not going to just flip a switch and start playing like the Spurs.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I do not agree with the new coach part....

I think Porter is a fine coach. He is just forced to try and make a defensive team out of a bunch of spoiled "d'antoni" offensive guys. As much as I have loved to watch our team over the last few seasons, it is obvious we are due for a change. If that entails moving towards a more defensive minded roster, then we need to make some moves. These guys are not going to just flip a switch and start playing like the Spurs.

It's utopia to combine DA's offense with a better defense. Just infeasible. That's the reason I welcomed Porter with his idea of playing Nash off the ball more often. We don't need to play like Spurs. If we could emulate Malone/Stockton's Jazz, we'd be fine and we certainly have a roster to do that, provided Nash would be willing to accept a lesser role a la Stockton. But later moves by Porter showed that he is just not good enough to handle some complicated situations.

JustinD

Veteran
Reaction score
It's utopia to combine DA's offense with a better defense. Just infeasible. That's the reason I welcomed Porter with his idea of playing Nash off the ball more often. We don't need to play like Spurs. If we could emulate Malone/Stockton's Jazz, we'd be fine and we certainly have a roster to do that, provided Nash would be willing to accept a lesser role a la Stockton. But later moves by Porter showed that he is just not good enough to handle some complicated situations.

I didnt mean i thought we needed to play like the spurs...just that maybe that is what management thought with having Kerr in charge and bringing in Porter.

Even if we could play an offense similar to Utah's Stockton/Malone....we don't seem to be able to stop anybody on the other end of the court. That is why they went back to run and gun that last couple weeks and try to just outscore teams again. The defense thing wasnt working....sadly.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
NO THANK YOU !

Come on. Moving Shaq is easier, because desire of the returning package is lower, and some contending teams don't mind about money at all.

As it has been mentioned by Dallas medias. Josh Howard + Stackhouse.

I would also suggest to call Cleveland, Szczerbiak + Varejao is a decent deal, or we can ask for Big Z in case Amare doesn't want to play center, Big Z is also with a short contract, end before 2010 summer.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You build a team around an elite player. Amare will never be that player. He doesn't have it on the other side of the court and underachieves on the board. You people are delusional if you think Amare can ever be the center piece of a title contending team.

Now, if you already have a Super Star to build around and your missing a prolific front court scorer....Amare is your man. He is the type of player that could put you over the top if you are missing that.

So for me, if you guys want to take another run at it this year....Amare has to go because the 3 things this years team needs is rebounding, defense and less turnovers. Amare on this team makes those 3 things worse.

If you want them to blow up this team, then fine. Start blowing it up. Just don't tell me Amare is the center piece. This team would need a legit Super Start to build around.

Reaction score
You build a team around an elite player. Amare will never be that player. He doesn't have it on the other side of the court and underachieves on the board. You people are delusional if you think Amare can ever be the center piece of a title contending team.

Now, if you already have a Super Star to build around and your missing a prolific front court scorer....Amare is your man. He is the type of player that could put you over the top if you are missing that.

So for me, if you guys want to take another run at it this year....Amare has to go because the 3 things this years team needs is rebounding, defense and less turnovers. Amare on this team makes those 3 things worse.

If you want them to blow up this team, then fine. Start blowing it up. Just don't tell me Amare is the center piece. This team would need a legit Super Start to build around.
Who in the league RIGHT NOW is a legit Superstar to build around? You guys are delusional if you think we are going to get any of those guys. The best we can hope for is to keep Amare and get other stars around him that do cover his defensive lapses. Thats a whole lot better than praying we get a bigger Superstar than Amare.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who in the league RIGHT NOW is a legit Superstar to build around? You guys are delusional if you think we are going to get any of those guys. The best we can hope for is to keep Amare and get other stars around him that do cover his defensive lapses. Thats a whole lot better than praying we get a bigger Superstar than Amare.

There is nothing wrong with building over time through the draft. Freaking stock up on some picks, get some young talent in here and build from the ground up. I would rather start from rock solid foundation then continue trying to build around a player who can never be your center piece.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with building over time through the draft. Freaking stock up on some picks, get some young talent in here and build from the ground up. I would rather start from rock solid foundation then continue trying to build around a player who can never be your center piece.
Who in the league RIGHT NOW is a legit Superstar to build around?

Wouldnt you rather have Amare than some unproven draft pick? What are the chances that they even come close to Amares level? How many big men have the Suns acquired in there history that are on Amares level? Do you relaize that good big men dont just grow on trees? Do you understand that good big men who improve there play in the playoffs dont grow on trees.

I dont understand the point in completely rebuilding when you have one of the 2nd tier building blocks in the league RIGHT NOW.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt you rather have Amare than some unproven draft pick? What are the chances that they even come close to Amares level? How many big men have the Suns acquired in there history that are on Amares level? Do you relaize that good big men dont just grow on trees? Do you understand that good big men who improve there play in the playoffs dont grow on trees.

I dont understand the point in completely rebuilding when you have one of the 2nd tier building blocks in the league RIGHT NOW.

I think having a front court player that can rebound and defend is much more important than an offensive one. Maybe there isn't one available right away. However, they need that foundation. Not a one dimensional PF.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

That's not a bad point. But if Stoudemire is a "2nd tier" building block, he'll hamper any "fiscally responsible" team that is paying him $20 million per year, which is what his next extension will average out to. Now throw in that he's very likely to need microfracture again (since it is a temporary fix), and at least one year of that deal is wasted, driving the effective price even higher. And now consider that his attitude drives a lot "1st tier" players away, and it starts looking like a less than rosy scenario.

Put him on the Knicks with LeBron James and let their payroll balloon to $150 million, and he'll probably do fine. The Suns, however, have to operate within different parameters. The bottom line is that the Suns will have an easier time finding their next franchise player, and their next identity, if Stoudemire is gone than if he stays.

Now, if for some inconceivable reason, Stoudemire were open to taking a slightly discounted extension with Phoenix (say around $14 million per year), that would be a whole different story. It would be his way of saying, "I'm most interested in winning and I recognize my limitations." I think we all know that won't happen, but it would be nice.

(By the way, a lot of people probably don't remember this, but the Suns' last superstar PF had a contract that was below market value, and never once complained about it, even though he could be a pain in the ass in other ways.)

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Hindsight is an interesting thing. Think if we would have moved Stoudemire for JRich, Felton, Alexis Ajinca and their first rounder?

Nash/Felton
JRich/Barbs
Hill/Barnes
Diaw/Amudson
Shaq/Ajinca/Lopez

We'd also be set for a decent future with felton/jrich/barbs in our backcourt and would have some decent expirings to get a solid SF in 2010

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hindsight is an interesting thing. Think if we would have moved Stoudemire for JRich, Felton, Alexis Ajinca and their first rounder?

Nash/Felton
JRich/Barbs
Hill/Barnes
Diaw/Amudson
Shaq/Ajinca/Lopez

We'd also be set for a decent future with felton/jrich/barbs in our backcourt and would have some decent expirings to get a solid SF in 2010

Forgot about Raja.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
apparently the nets is the first team to send in an official trade proposal including Yi, Andersen, draft pick and filler (Simmons or Hayes)

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
^^ http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/02/new_jersey_nets_figure_to_be_i.html ^^

Yi, Andersen and Amudson would make us the least threatening PF team in the nation.

However, I do like the possibility of NJ as a trade partner

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1980~3214~3448~829~1765~1727&teams=21~21~21~21~17~17&te=&cash=

Then move Shaq to Dallas for Kidd and their 2009 1st!

Nash/Kidd
JRich/Barbs
Hill/JRich/Hayes
Lopez/Yi/Amudson
Lopez/Amudson

Bench: Swift/Dudley/Tucker/Dragic

Solid 10man rotation

Nash 24
Kidd 24
Hill 28
Richardson 36
Barbs 30
Lopezx2 60
Yi 20
Amudson 12
Hayes 6

Dragic, Dudley,Tucker,Swift filler

We can run with this lineup and have two amazing floor generals the whole game who love to run. We also miss seeing Nash fall apart in the playoffs due to less minutes, and both PGs extend their careers. Every one of those guys can get up and down the floor very well. Phoenix loves Kidd (except for that whole wifebeating thing), Lopez twins reuniting make great fan appeal and team interest, and Yi locks in the future Chinese following, which helps Sarver's pockets. Kidd, Swift, Hill, and Hayes come off the books this season, opening up 30 million (about 15M under next years cap)

Last edited:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Don't even think about YI! That boy is useless and hopeless!