Amare Ought to be Embarassed

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's one thing to mouth off and back it up. It's entirely another to mouth off and then completely roll over in one of the biggest games of your career. Clearly the Lakers were sending a message in the fourth by clearing out and having him get torched time and time again by Gasol and Odom.

I was of the opinion that it's worth it to give Amare max money, but I feel less and less every game that he's worth it. He's shown absolutely no heart this entire post season and is certainly no leader. Caveat emptor!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amare's rebounding makes me wish we had Marion back!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare and Nash ought to be embarrassed.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare and Nash ought to be embarrassed.

At least Nash did what he does best, get assists. What the hell did Amare do? We know Nash will TO the ball 4-5 times but he had 15 dimes in the game.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
When Kobe is looking to pass like he was tonight, the Suns (unless they go big) don't stand a chance. PERIOD.

They need to put Lopez, Amundson, Amare, Collins and even Frye in the game at all times. Two of them have to be in the game at all times.. size, SIZE size.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least Nash did what he does best, get assists. What the hell did Amare do? We know Nash will TO the ball 4-5 times but he had 15 dimes in the game.

That's not enough. Turning the ball over time and time again is offsetting some of those assists. We depend on Steve to score. We depend on Steve to get to the free throw line for easy baskets....ESPECIALLY in a series like this where the other team is bigger.

One thing I have noticed is that Steve has stopped driving to the basket ever since the eye injury. How many times have you seen Steve drive to the hoop and end up on the floor like usual? Practically none.

The closest he gets to the rim is when he is dribbling baseline.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Kobe toyed with the Suns, he didn't even want to score. He knew he could have what he wanted but he enjoyed just breaking them down.

The play by Amare in the 4th was heartbreaking. Kobe was on the right side above three point line and Gasol came near him for a screen but stalled. Amare went above Gasol and stood next to Nash as if Kobe was going to come around a screen but Gasol, who was in a better position thanks to Amare's mistake, took the Kobe pass and went to the layup for an And 1. That defined the series for me. The Suns don't have the intelligence in the bigs to guard Gasol or any play that Jackson runs. I know we all wanted to beat the Lakers but sadly we probably wont unless we go off from 3 point land. We aren't going to get many stops on the Lakers. It's really a mismatch to be honest..

I thought going into the series that Amare and company would come out aggressive and fighting. Nope..

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's not enough. Turning the ball over time and time again is offsetting some of those assists. We depend on Steve to score.
i'd say 15 assists to 5 turnovers is a pretty good turnover-to-assist ratio (especially when compared to Amare's 1 asist to 5 turnovers). Nash wasn't able to get to the rim, but generally when we rely on Nash to score, we are already in trouble.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's not enough. Turning the ball over time and time again is offsetting some of those assists. We depend on Steve to score. We depend on Steve to get to the free throw line for easy baskets....ESPECIALLY in a series like this where the other team is bigger.

One thing I have noticed is that Steve has stopped driving to the basket ever since the eye injury. How many times have you seen Steve drive to the hoop and end up on the floor like usual? Practically none.

The closest he gets to the rim is when he is dribbling baseline.

From my purely subjective point of view, Nash is still impacting the game more positively than Amare. Let's keep this thread on the subject it was intended for, bagging on Mr. Stoudemire.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
i'd say 15 assists to 5 turnovers is a pretty good turnover-to-assist ratio (especially when compared to Amare's 1 asist to 5 turnovers). Nash wasn't able to get to the rim, but generally when we rely on Nash to score, we are already in trouble.

Yea. Barblowsa, Dragic, Frye all came up short today. And Farmar and Brown continue to destroy us. Lakers are deep, talented, big, and smart. Is it too late to sign

<-------------St. Bruce? His foot is from Hades, he'll cause a few injuries and even things up for us!

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it too much to ask a "max player" 6"10 PF to avg 7 rebounds a game in the playoffs?

Yes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

As usual with Nash the turnover to assist ratio doesn't tell the story. If you look back on some of the biggest butt kickings the Suns have received this year, I would say 90% of them had CRITICAL turnovers by Steve.

This game was no different. We were with in striking distance and Steve turned it over twice. Then turned it over again during another critical possession.

By the way, Nash wasn't even trying to get to the rim.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As usual with Nash the turnover to assist ratio doesn't tell the story. If you look back on some of the biggest butt kickings the Suns have received this year, I would say 90% of them had CRITICAL turnovers by Steve.

This game was no different. We were with in striking distance and Steve turned it over twice. Then turned it over again during another critical possession.

By the way, Nash wasn't even trying to get to the rim.

You're blaming the fourth quarter loss on Nash hahahahahaha. Come on. Nash didn't have his best game ever but there were players on the suns team that had a far more negative impact on this game than Nash. Sheesh.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Amare's stock is going to continue to plummet if he keeps playing half ass ball during the playoffs. Right now, Jason Richardson, sans the defensive lapses on the wings, looks like a better player.

The problem is Amare on offense is either too scared or too lazy to create his own shot inside the paint. On defense, he keeps rotating off his man, hence, allowing Odom and Gasol to camp out underneath and get easy lay ups all day long.

Max player?? I dont think so. He should pick up his option and be grateful he can "earn" that money

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was embarrassing watching the replays of Amare's toro defense. Textbook bad defense. I don't know whether his mind is elsewhere or whether he always looks this bad on D. He needs to find his passion.

And Nash was fine, but fine is not enough in the playoffs.

My thought in watching the game is that Gentry needs to pull Nash and Amare aside, get in their faces, and tell them they need to show up in Game 3. They haven't showed up yet.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I've been saying all along that he's not worth anywhere near the max. Too many of you were hypnotized by his amazing run over the last third of the season. He is not dependable. If you pay someone the max, he ought to be dependable. He's a 2/3rds player, so you give him 2/3rds of the max. He is literally unstoppable when he's in it, but you can't rely on when he will be in it. He is naturally a dominant player, but he lacks the head you need to dominate.

I just hope the Suns aren't duped by him....

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
It was embarrassing watching the replays of Amare's toro defense. Textbook bad defense. I don't know whether his mind is elsewhere or whether he always looks this bad on D. He needs to find his passion.

And Nash was fine, but fine is not enough in the playoffs.

My thought in watching the game is that Gentry needs to pull Nash and Amare aside, get in their faces, and tell them they need to show up in Game 3. They haven't showed up yet.

Nailed it. He was decent for a stretch in the second half but its back to atrocity.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nailed it. He was decent for a stretch in the second half but its back to atrocity.

Not quite. He was great for a stretch in the second half but it's back to mediocrity.

Steve

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not quite. He was great for a stretch in the second half but it's back to mediocrity.

Steve

I'd say his defense has been pretty atrocious. I'm going to have nightmares about that Gasol dive to the basket while Amare decided to chase butterflies out at the three point line. Sickening.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The same idiots who were claiming that Amare was only playing well because he wants a big contract are now complaining that he isn't playing well? What do you want from the guy?

Why do Marion and Amare get so much blame on this board, but Nash never gets any? Nash has been just as bad as Amare.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd say his defense has been pretty atrocious. I'm going to have nightmares about that Gasol dive to the basket while Amare decided to chase butterflies out at the three point line. Sickening.

The best part is kobe yelling "GO GO GO" to Gasol right in amares face, right before the dive.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The same idiots who were claiming that Amare was only playing well because he wants a big contract are now complaining that he isn't playing well? What do you want from the guy?

Why do Marion and Amare get so much blame on this board, but Nash never gets any? Nash has been just as bad as Amare.

Fail