Amare Ought to be Embarassed

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa... FWIW, I am not at all happy with Amare melting away into oblivion here against LA. However, I kinda expected it as he was being managed by the Blazers pretty well. I just knew Gasol, Bynum and Odom were gonna be a HUGE issue for him. Still, I just don't know how a guy who's 6"10 and plays 40 mins a game, only manages to grab 9 boards in two games... How is that popssible?????

Still, I believe Nash is a bigger problem for the Suns in this series...

Well, I maintain that Amare has been playing this way for awhile now but people were less attuned to it because we were winning. His averages are way down for a reason and it started long before we got to LA. Even ignoring the stats, he just hasn't looked as focused out there for more than a month now.

Steve

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a problem when the other team is putting up 40 points per quarter... We don't have the manpower to defend the Lakers. They could probably score 50 a quarter on us if they wanted to.
We need a serious threat at the PG position. We need to take the pressure off of other guys, and we need to get Artest and other to respect the threat at PG. Hell, Nash only took 8 shots tonight. Why eve defend the guy at all...
I'm not gonna blame for team for not playing lights out offensively. :shrug:

I will blame the team for utterly pathetic defense though.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, most people here don't believe the going to Miami bit. Are you happy with Amare over the last 14 games? Are you content with the fact that he is scoring and rebounding at a significantly lower rate than he usually does in the postseason. Are you pleased that he looks like a shadow of the player he was in March? If so, you should probably just blame Nash for all our troubles.

Steve

I was only pointing out that Amare appears to get more blame on this board than Nash even though Nash has been pretty bad too.

The thing that bothers me the most is the criticism that he was just playing for a contract. That just sounded purely ignorant to me.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Since were all split on the Nash/Amare thing, can we all just agree that Channing Frye sucks?

lol

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand why we can't all agree that the refs suck.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
I actually thought the refs tried to keep us in it during that 2nd quarter.

Don't get me wrong, the bench was great, but there was some dubvious calls on Brown and Farmar

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What are the referees supposed to do, guard Gasol themselves? It was just a freaking layup drill in the second half.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve Max money he can't even outperform Odum one of thier bench players! Even after he ran his mouth he came out with a flat out terrible game!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Amare will walk in the offseason coz the suns will not give him MAX money

What GM in their right mind would watch the game tonight and say; hey, thats a guy I want to give MAX money to!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're blaming the fourth quarter loss on Nash hahahahahaha. Come on. Nash didn't have his best game ever but there were players on the suns team that had a far more negative impact on this game than Nash. Sheesh.

The 4th quarter loss? What does that mean exactly? I am blaming the loss of the game on mainly 3 players....Nash, Amare and Frye. Where did I say it was only one players fault???

cly2tw

Reaction score
So far in this series, we have been the victims of mind games and unwise controversies. Frye wanted to show Artest and Nash wanted to show Jackson that they were wrong, we had Nash overdribble and Frye bricking on contested 3s. Then, Amare with the stupid 'lucky' comments, and Gasol schooled him while Amare himself got too tense to not even shooting the FT well, not to mention bad defense.

But we still have hope. We are moving in the right direction at least offense wise.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What GM in their right mind would watch the game tonight and say; hey, thats a guy I want to give MAX money to!

Doesn't matter, it'll happen. All you need is one...

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 4th quarter loss? What does that mean exactly? I am blaming the loss of the game on mainly 3 players....Nash, Amare and Frye. Where did I say it was only one players fault???

4th quarter loss = We lost the fourth quarter. Up to the time of my comment, you had most heavily criticized Nash. "Nash is killing us", "Nash's assist to turnover ratio doesn't tell the whole story", etc. . .

Last edited:

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
I don't see why they don't try Nash and Dragic together in the back court and run Nash off screens like the Celtics do Ray Allen. Even if Nash doesn't take the three, he can take his man off the dribble and create.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4th quarter loss = We lost the fourth quarter. Up to the time of my comment, you had most heavily criticized Nash. "Nash is killing us", "Nash's assist to turnover ratio doesn't tell the whole story", etc. . .

The damage was already done long before the 4th quarter. So, I was never focused just on the 4th quarter. Just brought up some big possessions that we botched up late because that is a pattern with Steve when we get beat up. It was an example.

Also, you must not have been reading the other threads because Amare and Frye have gotten equal treatment.

P.S. Look at my avatar. I respect Steve Nash and he has been one of my all time favorite Suns. I just refuse to look at this team through rose colored glasses any longer no matter how much I like a player on this team.

Last edited:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
We are neck deep in some stinky mud, butt. The Suns arent done yet. Never give up never surrender, **** LA.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I don't see why they don't try Nash and Dragic together in the back court and run Nash off screens like the Celtics do Ray Allen. Even if Nash doesn't take the three, he can take his man off the dribble and create.

Or what Sloan did to Stockton. Nash is the best pure shooter I've ever seen. But he still needs to practice those running and catching and shooting. That'd immense enhance his effectiveness, and the team's offensive variety.

The damage was already done long before the 4th quarter. So, I was never focused just on the 4th quarter. Just brought up some big possessions that we botched up late because that is a pattern with Steve when we get beat up. It was an example.

Also, you must not have been reading the other threads because Amare and Frye have gotten equal treatment.

P.S. Look at my avatar. I respect Steve Nash and he has been one of my all time favorite Suns. I just refuse to look at this team through rose colored glasses any longer no matter how much I like a player on this team.

As a long time Nash admirer and critic, I'd say he did rather well most of the game. My main issue is still that we need game plans to establish him as a shooter early on next to JRich. Most importantly, his individual defense was not the reason we lost.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No excuses for Amare's uninspired play but Nash is getting just as manhandled defensively as Amare.....except that Nash is getting manhandled by the likes of Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar.

Like DG said earlier, Nash needs to score more points. 8 FG attempts?
We need 20-10 from Nash(in this series), not 10-15.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
+1
This is where i would have gone in gm 2.
What's the difference in putting Dragic on Kobe rather than Hill?
The difference is that it allows Nash to move without the ball on offense, and it allows G.Hill the opportunity to get Artest into foul trouble.

Hill can't stop Kobe,neither can Dud's, or Dragic. It's about getting JRich going off the bench where they can't cover him,and getting Nash some more open looks...where's he's the best shooter in the league.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
except that Nash is getting manhandled by the likes of Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar.
Hold on now, Fisher scored 7 points on 2-8 shooting in game 2 and 5 points on 1-3 shooting in game 1 while Farmar scored 10 and 11 in the two games, and most of those were while Nash was resting. Does this qualify as being "manhandled by"?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hold on now, Fisher scored 7 points on 2-8 shooting in game 2 and 5 points on 1-3 shooting in game 1 while Farmar scored 10 and 11 in the two games, and most of those were while Nash was resting. Does this qualify as being "manhandled by"?

Statistically no, but i'm assuming you watched the games so i can only respectfully say to watch them again. There has been WAY too much dribble penetration by the LAKERS and it's not all on Hill,Dud's,Dragic.

This is not THE biggest problem we're facing here(it's old hat actually), i just don't think its fair for everyone to call out Amare as the guy out there who cant defend when neither man can defend worth a **** and never will.

Nash was in there against Farmar in the 3rd if i'm not mistaken.
I have no problem blaming Amare for being a poodle on the boards, but to expect him to defend while giving Nash a pass is perplexing.

Last edited:

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Whatever is tried in Game 3 has to be drastic. For example, how about trying to get Channing to hit a three pointer? That bum is 60% the reason for Game 2 loss, and here's why.

The Suns can only beat larger teams by drawing them out of the lane with Three point shooting by our Forwards/Center. This does two things. #1, it gives Amare room to drive 1-on-1 or 1-on-2, thus increasing his odds of actually making a bucket. #2, when Amare drives, he is very good at drawing fouls on the opposition. When Bynum, Gasol, and/or Odom are in foul trouble, they have to sit down. Period.

Frye is a head case right now. His lack of confidence isn't just reflective in his shooting, but also his poor defense. When he came back in in the second half last night - the very first play on defense saw Lou nearly diving for a ball and Frye just watched. He was wearing cement boots.

The other 40% reason for the Game 2 loss was Amare's big mouth and small testicles. When you yell at the bully, you better come out swinging. Good luck to the sucker team that gives him the max. ...I wonder if we could sign Boozer...

"That's Amare"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05