Amare out indefinately with injured knee

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Surgery?

Only missing the preseason isnt bad at all.

They said Amare will be in LA tomorrow to get a second opinion. They did not guess how long he would be out. They just said he will miss at least all of the preseason.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
They said Amare will be in LA tomorrow to get a second opinion. They did not guess how long he would be out. They just said he will miss at least all of the preseason.

ahhh. i see

Thanks.

oh boy...The only thing keeping me alive during this NFL season is my hope in the Suns.

please basketball gods dont let that get dashed as well.

*sigh*

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I have a really bad feeling about this. Mysterious knee pain is never a good thing.

"when's the last time you had a good feeling about anything?" :)

(What movie, Chap?)

If Amare Stoudemire is back by January (I hope much earlier) I think the Phoenix Suns will be just fine. In fact they will probably be a better team for it.

Joe Mama

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
From lack of any big news on this, I feel this thing is not that bad at all and that Amare may only be out for a very small amount of time :thumbup:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
"when's the last time you had a good feeling about anything?" :)

(What movie, Chap?)

If Amare Stoudemire is back by January (I hope much earlier) I think the Phoenix Suns will be just fine. In fact they will probably be a better team for it.

Joe Mama

Oh I dont know about that. We might be ten games under .500 by then with no inside presence....Get back ASAP STAT.....

Like :raccoon: said, I just hope this does not end up being like rolle and Q and Amare is out for much longer........

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously the Suns will miss Amare's offense, but I suspect they will be able to run, that their defense will be fine and they will still be able to run, shoot and rebound. And did I mention that they will be able to run? :rolleyes:

Without Amare, the Suns style will resemble the Don Nelson teams with the Warriors and Mavericks - except that KT is better than any of the big guys he had.

Errntknght

Reaction score
In some regards they figure to run more this year, though it won't be as often that they have five runners on the floor. But the depth will allow them to have fresher legs late in the game plus, if Diaw, House or Bell can operate the break, they will run more when Nash is out.

I'd like to see D'Antoni substitute frequently and go deep into the bench so the other teams have the feeling the Suns are coming at them in waves of speed. There are drawbacks to having too many different lineups but in the long I think it would be a winning strategy - even in the playoffs. If they can push it hard enough and long enough so that other teams know they are going to end the game exhausted, they will hate stepping onto the floor to face the Suns.

Most gimmicks won't work in the playoffs but there is not much way to counter this one... almost any counter involves the opponents changing their normal substitution patterns and playing unusual lineups. So they're in a reactive mode from the start.

King A

Registered
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Without Amare, the Suns style will resemble the Don Nelson teams with the Warriors and Mavericks - except that KT is better than any of the big guys he had.

i don't mean to sound like a smartass, but you do know that KT played for the Mavs with the big 3?!?!?

Edit: sorry, i just looked up KT's Career stats and he wasn't that long in Dallas.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake