Amare Stoudemire-Mama Said Knock You

Nash

Reaction score
:rockon:
Nice video! Sucks to thing that that monster is going to be making more jump shots to preserve/protect the bum knee. Makes me wonder what he is going to be once the word explosive is taken out of his game ..

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yeah the video was great but it really made me miss him. hopefully we will still get to see him throw down some monster dunk one in a while.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Personally I'm tired of hearing the "bum knee" comments. No one even knows where Amare is right now as far as his comeback goes. I watched the Vegas summer league games and was actually encourage by the thiings I saw Amare doing. Even saw him throw down a couple of nice dunks. Defenses were obviously collapsing on him, and it was very obvious he wasn't pushing himself too hard. But he still showed explosiveness. Amare @ 80% explosiveness is still more explosive then 95% of the big men in the league. Hopefully he proves all the "bum knee" sayers wrong and returns to his highlight form. Go Amare!!

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
BleedRed said:
Personally I'm tired of hearing the "bum knee" comments. No one even knows where Amare is right now as far as his comeback goes. I watched the Vegas summer league games and was actually encourage by the thiings I saw Amare doing. Even saw him throw down a couple of nice dunks. Defenses were obviously collapsing on him, and it was very obvious he wasn't pushing himself too hard. But he still showed explosiveness. Amare @ 80% explosiveness is still more explosive then 95% of the big men in the league. Hopefully he proves all the "bum knee" sayers wrong and returns to his highlight form. Go Amare!!

I saw some highlights and thought the same thing. He didn't look too bad out there at all. I think the question is just the durability of his knees. Only time will tell.

Nash

Reaction score
boisesuns said:
He didn't look too bad out there at all. I think the question is just the durability of his knees. Only time will tell.
Exactly what I'm saying. We saw him go at < 80% in the SL for 3 games or so and he was ok in them. a couple of dunks here and there, yes. Its the 82+ games that make the scenario look unpredictable.

Obviously being a Suns fan I want him to return full throttle and his beast like post moves in that video just reminded me he hasn't shown such moves of late. Being a Bearcat, I wanted K-Mart to dominate the NBA but his injuries have made it impossible so far. He too throws down rim rattling dunks in the few minutes he plays but can't sustain it for long. It has really sucked to see his promising career take a downslide.
That lousy experience is what makes me a bit leary this time, not wanting to raise expectations from Amare during his comeback.

The topic of how debilitating these surgeries are, has been done to death on this board already and I don't wish to hijack this thread into one more of those.

All that said, I do hope he's able to perform well in his comeback.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
man i almost forgot how good he was. will be a shame if we never see that again. but i did like what i saw in vegas. showed some flashes of explosiveness. guess we'll see...

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
i think that in spurts we will see amare be explosive. he will definitely bang on some people this year. i watched kenyon martin last season and he elevated on some guys pretty good. i mean i almost forgot that he also had the microfracture surgery. i love that amare has those other skills to lean on now but i dont want anyone to think that they wont see him(this year) catch someone out a few times. with more games played and his comfortabilty rising, his confidence will grow.

mribnik

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed when watching these Amare highlight videos, is that he almost always (90% of the time) chooses to land on his left leg. Sometimes he lands on both, but he almost always chooses to land on his left.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That stuff he did vs. Yao is just SICK.

One thing I noticed in the video is that other than his explosiveness, he is so incredibly strong--a trait he shouldn't lose going into the season.

OP
OP
WuRaider

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That stuff he did vs. Yao is just SICK.

One thing I noticed in the video is that other than his explosiveness, he is so incredibly strong--a trait he shouldn't lose going into the season.

His strength really showed on that one play where 3 timberwolves collapsed on him and he still got up to make a shot. How the hell do you stop a guy that can plow through your whole frontline?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One reason Amare keeps getting compared to Malone is his strength. The ability to finish with guys fouling is one of the most intimidating skills in the NBA. Defenders get away with fouls all the time and it that doesn't work... :shock:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
One reason Amare keeps getting compared to Malone is his strength. The ability to finish with guys fouling is one of the most intimidating skills in the NBA. Defenders get away with fouls all the time and it that doesn't work... :shock:

Hopefully he never gets the Elbow comparisons.

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Before the injury Amare was fearless. You could see it in his face at the beginign of this movie. This baseline drive against Yao - I don't think any other player would even try to dunk in that situation.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
mribnik said:
One thing I've noticed when watching these Amare highlight videos, is that he almost always (90% of the time) chooses to land on his left leg. Sometimes he lands on both, but he almost always chooses to land on his left.

Very interesting. His left knee is the microfractured knee.

Right handed players tend to land on their left leg (and to lift off of that leg) when leaping. It gives them the most extension toward the hoop.

One way Amare can really reduce the wear and tear on that left knee is to learn to go left, with his left hand. He'll lift off of, and land on his right knee more often.

No one has been able to stop Amare going to his right--yet. You knew he was going that way and you could do nothing about it. Its his left knee that will force him to go left.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05