Amare's Chest Banging

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by My3Suns
Me too.

Like I said earlier Basketball is played on more than one level. If you can beat your opponent mentally and emotionally, the physical aspect will take care of its self.

So I say BANG AWAY AMARE!

As long as he doesn't do a Tarzan yell. :D

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know I didn't even think about it at the time. There wasn't alot to cheer about in that game and Amare finally broke through the frustration with a big play.

The emotion seemed genuine and unforced. Just a spontaneous response. One great big "finally!" If he was purposely trying to show up the opposition it would have been a problem.

I'm not going to get a wad in my shorts about it.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In tonights game after Amare blocked Patterson he motioned slashing his throat. After that the AWA got louder than it has been all year.

OP
OP
M

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunsTzu
In tonights game after Amare blocked Patterson he motioned slashing his throat. After that the AWA got louder than it has been all year.

Thanks for posting that. I am at work and didnt see the play.

Amare is doing these things to establish the emotional tempo of the game for his team, and I love it.

This team is out to earn respect.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the crowd was reacting to the spectacular block, not the throat-slitting motion. By the time Amare made the throat-slitting motion, the ball was at mid-court and heading in the other direction, so I doubt many people in the arena even saw the gesture.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well I can't speak for everyone else but when I saw him do the throat slash with Patterson still in his lap It got me fired up, that took some balls.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, I don’t think it took that much balls. It’s not like Patterson was going to get violent or something. He only gets violent with women.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by capologist
Oh, I don’t think it took that much balls. It’s not like Patterson was going to get violent or something. He only gets violent with women.

Tell that to Zach Randolph.:trout:

Errntknght

Reaction score
I saw the throat slash motion by Amare... I interpreted it to mean he'd hurt his ankle again and felt he would be done playing for awhile.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Errntknght
I saw the throat slash motion by Amare... I interpreted it to mean he'd hurt his ankle again and felt he would be done playing for awhile.

That could be. Though why not just indicate a timeout? Also it looked like he was trying to suck it up and play some D when the ball went back towards him.