Votes: 14 50.0%
  • No, it's a waste of time and it'll change nothing

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shows how much of a class act he is.

He SHOULD be going nuts!!! He's an amazing RB who's stuck behind a line that hasn't opened a hole in 3 games.

For the 2nd time in 24 games he only got 15 yards.

He's not getting the ball enough to establish a running game.

Does he yell out at his team? NO
Does he yell out in the media? NO
Should he be getting the ball a lot more? YES

Cards are destroying his chances of getting into the Hall of Fame. It's sad to watch a player like him have his talents wasted away when they aren't even using him.

Edge - Keep it up and I hope the yards will come. You've shown nothing but class from the start.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shows how much of a class act he is.

He SHOULD be going nuts!!! He's an amazing RB who's stuck behind a line that hasn't opened a hole in 3 games.

For the 2nd time in 24 games he only got 15 yards.

He's not getting the ball enough to establish a running game.

Does he yell out at his team? NO
Does he yell out in the media? NO
Should he be getting the ball a lot more? YES

Cards are destroying his chances of getting into the Hall of Fame. It's sad to watch a player like him have his talents wasted away when they aren't even using him.

Edge - Keep it up and I hope the yards will come. You've shown nothing but class from the start.

When you average less that 2 yards per carry, you should stop getting the ball. The Cards NEED to use the pass to setup the run. Not vice versa.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge plays hard but he's part of our offensive problem. He's slow now and would be a backup part-time sub on most teams. Until we get a real threat at RB, the entire offense will underperform.

New RB(s) are critical to improving next year.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge plays hard but he's part of our offensive problem. He's slow now and would be a backup part-time sub on most teams. Until we get a real threat at RB, the entire offense will underperform.

Wow...I totally disagree.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you average less that 2 yards per carry, you should stop getting the ball. The Cards NEED to use the pass to setup the run. Not vice versa.

They tried that against the bucs. Still didn't work. So they ditched the run altogether.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They tried that against the bucs. Still didn't work. So they ditched the run altogether.

And in the 4th quarter, their offense came to life. Weird how that works.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought the same thing when watching Joseph Addai playing recently. That guy can move.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Skkorp on this one.

me too... and so did the Colts. A grinding RB with no burst/speed ain't worth a big contract in the NFL. Just like a backup QB who's turnover/injury prone isn't worth a big contract in the NFL. Having both Edge and Warner on this team gobbling up 6-8 million dollars in cap room is a problem. Can either one be rectified at the end of the year by cutting them Joe or will that hurt next year's cap (which I'm sure we'll mismanage anyway... yes, the cloak of the darkside has fully overtaken me again... even though weirdly enough I still think we win this weekend)?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn't topped 3.7 YPC in any game since Baltimore so it's not like he can complain he's producing and just needs more carries. It's not all his fault of course but

This was his comment on the game:

"No lanes, there were no lanes," said James on the Cards' run game. "Once you get behind you really are not going to run the ball. We never had a chance to get into a run mode. It was always, you run one here. We were playing from behind and never got into a groove."

So I think it's pretty obvious he understood why it went down that way.

The scariest thing about this game, take away the play wehre Fitz stepped out and we had THIRTY ONE yards of offense!

:bang:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Edge was a ticket selling move. Nothing more. Similar to Emmitt, except Emmitt actually made a difference.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
me too... and so did the Colts. A grinding RB with no burst/speed ain't worth a big contract in the NFL. Just like a backup QB who's turnover/injury prone isn't worth a big contract in the NFL. Having both Edge and Warner on this team gobbling up 6-8 million dollars in cap room is a problem. Can either one be rectified at the end of the year by cutting them Joe or will that hurt next year's cap (which I'm sure we'll mismanage anyway... yes, the cloak of the darkside has fully overtaken me again... even though weirdly enough I still think we win this weekend)?

Edge is kind of in the same situation Eddie George was at the end of his career where the last 4 years of his career he didn't top 3.4 YPC but he kept getting the ball because he's a workhorse. Now Edge is better right now than George was but it's the same problem he can't break the long run anymore so unless there are consistent running lanes where he can get 5-6 yards on a bunch of runs, it's very hard to sustain drives.

He does a lot of things well like blitz pickups and he's tough, but the reality is he's just got no burst left.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all because he's one of the best that The U ever had - on and off the field.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second that.

The guy was leading the NFC in rushing and now after two bad games he needs to be replaced?

I don't buy it.

Now he can't even beat out a rookie... :sarcasm:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Edge is kind of in the same situation Eddie George was at the end of his career where the last 4 years of his career he didn't top 3.4 YPC but he kept getting the ball because he's a workhorse. Now Edge is better right now than George was but it's the same problem he can't break the long run anymore so unless there are consistent running lanes where he can get 5-6 yards on a bunch of runs, it's very hard to sustain drives.

He does a lot of things well like blitz pickups and he's tough, but the reality is he's just got no burst left.

I really want the example of when in Edge's career he was "breaking off long runs".

Please I am begging someone to inform me of this. Cause I have never seen the guy busting out +40 yard gain on a consistant basis.

I DO see a back that keeps our rushing game alive by getting 2 to 3 extra yards after contact on a consistant basis but I guess that is not good enough for the Cardinals.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I really want the example of when in Edge's career he was "breaking off long runs".

Please I am begging someone to inform me of this. Cause I have never seen the guy busting out +40 yard gain on a consistant basis.

I DO see a back that keeps our rushing game alive by getting 2 to 3 extra yards after contact on a consistant basis but I guess that is not good enough for the Cardinals.

And apparently it isn't good enough for more than half of the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second that.

The guy was leading the NFC in rushing and now after two bad games he needs to be replaced?

I don't buy it.

he was the leading the NFC after having two big games to start the season and then having an extra game over everyone else due to us having one of the latest bye-weeks of the season. He's averaging 3.7 yards per carry and hasn't rushed for even 90 yards in over a month.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
he was the leading the NFC after having two big games to start the season and then having an extra game over everyone else due to us having one of the latest bye-weeks of the season. He's averaging 3.7 yards per carry and hasn't rushed for even 90 yards in over a month.

AND ?!?!

Tell me one back who would be more productive in our current system.

You can say Adrian Peterson but he has be stuffed and stifled for games of 70and 60 yards when gaping holes were not there for him to run through. So I am not going to by into that.

Edge is NOT the problem here in the desert.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AND ?!?!

Tell me one back who would be more productive in our current system.

You can say Adrian Peterson but he has be stuffed and stifled for games of 70and 60 yards when gaping holes were not there for him to run through. So I am not going to by into that.

Edge is NOT the problem here in the desert.

Being stuffed for 60 or 70 yards, is a LOT different than being stuffed for 20 or 30. Big, big difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05