"And with their 3rd round pick, The Arizona Cardinals select QB..."

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
All you have to do is wait for the Saints to put Chase Daniel on their practice squad again and you have an instant upgrade over both Matt and BSP, just sign him and cut BSP or Matt or both, then you can figure out who to draft whenever Kurt retires after next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Daniel

Daniel was signed to the New Orleans Saints practice squad on September 6, 2009. He was promoted to the active roster on September 26, and named the emergency third quarterback for the September 27 game against the Buffalo Bills. The Saints waived Daniel on October 12, 2009 after placekicker Garrett Hartley came back from a four-game suspension, then re-signed him on October 16.[16][17] On November 17, 2009, ESPN reported that Daniel had been cut once again, to allow the Saints to sign cornerback Chris McAlister.[18] He was signed to the team's practice squad once again on November 20, 2009. Daniel was released from the practice squad on December 9, 2009, [19] only to be re-signed to the practice squad two days later on December 11, 2009.[20] Daniel was promoted to the active roster prior to regular season finale on January 1, 2010.[21]

One thing is sure, he's probably immune to being cut by now, that's some funny stuff there.

I'd be hesitant to try him as more than a backup but I assure you with our WR's he'd win some games, something no one else but Kurt seems to be able to do lately.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bradford and Clausen will be gone within the first ten picks in the draft. McCoy, Pike and LeFevour could all be there when the Cards pick on the 2nd round although McCoy may be gone. So far the only juniors that have declared are Bradford and Clausen. Not a great year for getting a qb.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Anyone but Jevan Snead, if he even comes out, which he probably wont becuase he had such a horrible season and will not get a high grade from the advisory commitee.

Snead was being talked about as a 1st rounder to start the season not based on actual production but based on nothing but potential and the money put into hyping him as a heisman canidate from the Ole Miss Boosters.

The kid has zero accuracy in all 3 years of his college career. If you cant even throw 60% completetion percentage in college you are a horrid QB. Last year he threw 56% and this year 54%. The guy barely broke 55% completion against Northern Arizona University, at home no less. Had a horrid 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio this year. 20 TD's and 20 INT's.

The guy has zero accuracy, zero size, isnt a running threat, isnt smart and his arm strength is overrated. If you cant tell I think this kick will stink in the pro's because he stinks in college.

I also dont like Tony Pike. He is that Michigan QB we draft a while ago John Navarre part 2. Tall, super skinny and super slow QB. He will be lucky to even run under a 5.0 40.

If we are looking for later round QB's my choice would be Sean Canfield of Oregon state. Besides his bowl game this year which was horrible he has been super accurate, not a single game throwing under 60%, great TD to INT ratio only one game all year throwing more then 1 INT. Super consistent this year.

IMO if you are going to pick a QB of the future then why wait until round 3. Dont get cute and just pick one in the 1st round if one is available.

Last edited:

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Michael Vick? With our pass protection lately... might be our only hope :)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Anyone but Jevan Snead, if he even comes out, which he probably wont becuase he had such a horrible season and will not get a high grade from the advisory commitee.

Snead was being talked about as a 1st rounder to start the season not based on actual production but based on nothing but potential and the money put into hyping him as a heisman canidate from the Ole Miss Boosters.

The kid has zero accuracy in all 3 years of his college career. If you cant even throw 60% completetion percentage in college you are a horrid QB. Last year he threw 56% and this year 54%. The guy barely broke 55% completion against Northern Arizona University, at home no less. Had a horrid 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio this year. 20 TD's and 20 INT's.

The guy has zero accuracy, zero size, isnt a running threat, isnt smart and his arm strength is overrated. If you cant tell I think this kick will stink in the pro's because he stinks in college.

I also dont like Tony Pike. He is that Michigan QB we draft a while ago John Navarre part 2. Tall, super skinny and super slow QB. He will be lucky to even run under a 5.0 40.

If we are looking for later round QB's my choice would be Sean Canfield of Oregon state. Besides his bowl game this year which was horrible he has been super accurate, not a single game throwing under 60%, great TD to INT ratio only one game all year throwing more then 1 INT. Super consistent this year.

IMO if you are going to pick a QB of the future then why wait until round 3. Dont get cute and just pick one in the 1st round if one is available.

Good analysis and I will admit I basing it more on projections I have read on him and stories then actual game tape, where he has looked feeble.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
May need a QB if not this year then next if for no other other reason than the possible retirement of KW. How about Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State? Tough kid w/ a quick release and a decent arm.

If the Cards can get Kurt to give them some idea of his plans then it can very much change the Cards draft plans. It is likely Kurt has not made up his mind. If we get crushed next Sunday it may lean Kurt towards retirement. If we can win a couple then he might come back to try for a ring. It is not about money anymore.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
May need a QB if not this year then next if for no other other reason than the possible retirement of KW. How about Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State? Tough kid w/ a quick release and a decent arm.

There is always a QB who surfaces from a low round to be a very good QB. Maybe we will just plain old get lucky. We need some. Then there is always the star QB who bombs. We got one of those.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I'm not against drafting a new QBOF, but honestly, if Kurt retires this year, the team is built to win now. Not that I'm against prudent decisions for the future, since success in today's NFL is is owed largley to seamless rebuilding, but I don't know that I want Boldin's final days and Fitzgerald's most productive days to be spent while a rookie develops. If it's someone Whiz thinks can step right in a la Roethlisberger, it can make sense, especially if we have a running game. It's also fine to take a chance on a QB prospect, but I think teams convince themselves that they are taking a flier sometimes when they are actually wasting a valuable pick.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like bringing in Juice Williams as a UDFA. He was dealt a real bad hand this year. They changed offensive coordinators on him and he was behind an underclassman offensive line. He is the all time leading leading total yardage leader in Big Ten history and with his speed might be able to convert to runningback. As undrafted, what could it hurt?

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
This cannot be emphasized enough. If you want to pick a QBOF, you might as well take the one you want in the first round instead of settling for a mid-round prospect.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As old as our team is it really doesn't matter who our QBOF is. We have to win now. After this season everything changes. We simply won't see the 4,000 yard passing offense again and our defense is one of the oldest in the NFL.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As old as our team is it really doesn't matter who our QBOF is. We have to win now. After this season everything changes. We simply won't see the 4,000 yard passing offense again and our defense is one of the oldest in the NFL.
I am thinking they will try to add youth after the June 1st cuts.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

:stupid:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

The age of the D is a little misleading though. That age ranking is based on starters only.

Once Okeafer/Berry are gone and replaced by Cody/Will the age of the D goes down dramatically. Goes down even more so when the 35 year old Bryan Robinson is inevitably replaced as well.

DRC
McFadden
Rolle
Campbell
Dockett
Watson/Branch (take over Robinsons spot)
Hayes
Cody/Davis (take over Okeafers spot)
Dansby (or who ever takes over for him)

All but two projected starters next year will be under the age of 30. Overall this D is very young and projected to get even younger.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The age of the D is a little misleading though. That age ranking is based on starters only.

Once Okeafer/Berry are gone and replaced by Cody/Will the age of the D goes down dramatically. Goes down even more so when the 35 year old Bryan Robinson is inevitably replaced as well.

DRC
McFadden
Rolle
Campbell
Dockett
Watson/Branch (take over Robinsons spot)
Hayes
Cody/Davis (take over Okeafers spot)
Dansby (or who ever takes over for him)

All but two projected starters next year will be under the age of 30. Overall this D is very young and projected to get even younger.

Duh.

And once those guys are gone the experience on the defense goes down dramatically.

Very young now? LOL

Wilson 30
Hayes 29
Okeafor 33
Haggens 33
Berry 34
Robinson 35
McFadden 28
Dockett 28
Dansby 28
Rolle 27

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any good starting QBs ever come out of the third round? With quarterbacks you either get one in the first round or you get lucky with a guy at the very end of the draft who was completely under-evaluated.

Chad Henne
Joe Montana
Matt Schaub
Dan Fouts
Joe Ferguson
Ken Anderson
Fran Tarkenton

Ryan Mallett will possibly be available.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Chad Henne
Joe Montana
Matt Schaub
Dan Fouts
Joe Ferguson
Ken Anderson
Fran Tarkenton

Ryan Mallett will possibly be available.

Mallet is supremely talented but probably needs to go back for another year. I usually don't think that but he seems to need another year. However, if he comes out, i think he'll go in round 1. He's too talented not to. Eventually, i think he could be the best QB out of the draft if he came out. Of course, he could also be head case like Jeff George.Extremely talented but a loser.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Let's just plan on losing all of our games in 2010 so we can pick Jake Locker! I mean as long as we are making stupid suggestions...

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mallet is supremely talented but probably needs to go back for another year. I usually don't think that but he seems to need another year. However, if he comes out, i think he'll go in round 1. He's too talented not to. Eventually, i think he could be the best QB out of the draft if he came out. Of course, he could also be head case like Jeff George.Extremely talented but a loser.

I think Mallett is going to be great, and man does he have great size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05