Tavaris Jackson
Brodie Croyle
Matt Schab
Jake Plummer
Josh McCown
Stoney Case
Andrew Walter

Pretty much the whos who of QBs :D
Drew Brees was an early 2nd. Just saying. :)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The things I would do to keep Tebow out of a Cardinals uniform would get me arrested if I posted them.

dude, that's funny. At least I think so. Havng Tebow means we would always have Brennaman announcing all Cards games in the future exhorting all young Cards fans to grow up and be like him

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Stoney Case, that was a name I thought I would never hear again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"... nobody worth a damn. Don't waste that pick on a QB."

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Chad Pennington in FA

PLEASE NO!
He is a solid QB but gets hurt nearly every year. Our backup would probably play more games than him.
Just for reference here are the current FAs at the position.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=QB&y=2010

If we take the steps to switch to a much more run oriented team I could live with the following FA QBs as a stop gap:
Orton
Carr

If Warner stays another year I wouldn't mind them or any of the following as the #2:
Campbell
Pennington
Jackson
Clemens
Carr

As for the original topic, I don't really like any of the QBs in this draft especially in the 3rd round range. There are some interesting late round prospects in Clark, Juice Williams, Robinson and maybe some others if they slide but I would probably wait until next year to look at QBOF if I was Whiz.

Also, does anyone know what type of QB Whiz likes or have any general idea of what he feels a QB should be. Does he like mobile QBs? Strong armed? Game managers?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Jevan Snead.

I am starting the bandwagon now. Get on while the going is good!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Pike from U of Cincy is a total system QB, he was completely exposed against Florida, just like Brennan was against Georgia.

Just about every QB mentioned in this thread is a much lower rated prospect than Leinart was coming out, there is no such thing as a sure thing.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here are a few drafted in late 2nd or 3rd round recently

Chad Henne
Trent Edwards
Tavaris Jackson
Brodie Croyle
Matt Schab
Jake Plummer
Josh McCown
Stoney Case
Andrew Walter

Pretty much the whos who of QBs :D

some yes some no's...personally i think jackson has a ton of potential and might turn out....cards had three crap outs on the list

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jevan Snead.

I am starting the bandwagon now. Get on while the going is good!
As it looks right now, Snead will join the numerous high ranked rocket arm prospects who have no football intelligence or accuracy. Come to think of it, just about every prospect in the 2010 and 2011 draft looks like a bust.

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Pike from U of Cincy is a total system QB, he was completely exposed against Florida, just like Brennan was against Georgia.

Just about every QB mentioned in this thread is a much lower rated prospect than Leinart was coming out, there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Pike and UC were screwed going into that game the moment Brian Kelly abandoned them for ND. You can't expect a college team to play great in a bowl game when their coach ditches them. Their lack of preparation was obvious as a team, sure maybe if Pike was of Manning's caliber it wouldn't have mattered but to take much from that game is foolish IMO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
As it looks right now, Snead will join the numerous high ranked rocket arm prospects who have no football intelligence or accuracy. Come to think of it, just about every prospect in the 2010 and 2011 draft looks like a bust.

I think its worth taking a chance on a strong armed guy who was projected first round prior to this year. Wiz has shown the ability to coach up physical freaks and get the best out of them (DRC, Beanie to a degree) so I like our chances of him duplicating that with Snead.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Pike and UC were screwed going into that game the moment Brian Kelly abandoned them for ND. You can't expect a college team to play great in a bowl game when their coach ditches them. Their lack of preparation was obvious as a team, sure maybe if Pike was of Manning's caliber it wouldn't have mattered but to take much from that game is foolish IMO.

You can't blame bad passes on preparation, lack of a game plan maybe but he threw terrible balls all night. Reminded me more of Brennan than any other over-hyped QB in recent years.

Oh and West Virginia disagrees with your hypothesis of a coach abandoning you equalling doom. (48 - 28)

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i say no on Pike as well, i just don't see what gets everyone so excited about him.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think its worth taking a chance on a strong armed guy who was projected first round prior to this year. Wiz has shown the ability to coach up physical freaks and get the best out of them (DRC, Beanie to a degree) so I like our chances of him duplicating that with Snead.
The difference between prospects like DRC and Beanie is they dominated in college. Snead against the SEC looks like Leinart against 1st string defenses, and that's a massive red flag.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
PLEASE NO!
He is a solid QB but gets hurt nearly every year. Our backup would probably play more games than him.
Just for reference here are the current FAs at the position.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=QB&y=2010

If we take the steps to switch to a much more run oriented team I could live with the following FA QBs as a stop gap:
Orton
Carr

If Warner stays another year I wouldn't mind them or any of the following as the #2:
Campbell
Pennington
Jackson
Clemens
Carr

As for the original topic, I don't really like any of the QBs in this draft especially in the 3rd round range. There are some interesting late round prospects in Clark, Juice Williams, Robinson and maybe some others if they slide but I would probably wait until next year to look at QBOF if I was Whiz.

Also, does anyone know what type of QB Whiz likes or have any general idea of what he feels a QB should be. Does he like mobile QBs? Strong armed? Game managers?

I have always liked Carr. I think that he is a victim of bad situation after bad situation. He is a young gun slinger who needs a confidence boost and a real shot at being the number one guy. Hell, we could get him pretty cheap too. Bring him in!

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
The best QB in this draft could easily fall to us. Sam Bradford. He will be just fine and I think many teams are going to be turned off by his shoulder. Obviously it would have to be before the third round though!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The best QB in this draft could easily fall to us. Sam Bradford. He will be just fine and I think many teams are going to be turned off by his shoulder. Obviously it would have to be before the third round though!

You mean the same shoulder injury that Leinart has suffered twice from?

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bradford is not falling past the Redskins at #4.