And your 2007 MVP is...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
that, though a matter of opinion, is simply outrageous. steve nash was actually named one of the 100 best looking men on the planet about 6 months ago in some magazine, i have it in a game guide from the clippers vs suns game from a few weeks ago. now im a straight male, but i think nash is a ton better looking than dirk. just listen to the name.....Dirk nowitzki. *shudder*

I nominate this debate as the worst direction a thread has ever taken.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record... I think your views on homerism are bit hypocritical Steeldog, Mr. "Nash deserved his MVP's hands down and this year is no exception". (see the other MVP thread, not a direct quote but I think it's similar) I'm not sure if I have ever seen a case of homerism as bad as this before.

Did you even read my previous post about this? I said that homerism is expected from you Mav fans. I also said that I throw it (meaning homerism) back in your faces for fun. Bueller?!?!

Also, in case you also missed it, I was messing with the other MAVS poster by making a sarcastic comment about Nash derserving it hands down. I was making the point that for every homerish DIRK has no flaws post I have read, I could counter those points and I did.

It's hard not to be biased if you have immense passion for your team but judging by the amount of homerism in that statement I don't care what board your on you shouldn't be calling anyone else a homer.

Well maybe when you have been around our board long enough you might actually catch on a bit. We tend to be a sarcastic bunch that don't take things to seriously. However, when you Mav fans pop on here to talk smack and has nothing objective to say? Well that's grounds for being called a homer. Blind passion or not. Again, no biggy. I get why you Mavs fans are so defensive. I would be too after choking last year and feeling like your being slighted for all lthe attention the Suns are getting. It's all in good fun though.

Last edited:

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Nash isn't exactly a handsome guy either, I would say Dirk has him beat in the looks department.

that, though a matter of opinion, is simply outrageous. steve nash was actually named one of the 100 best looking men on the planet about 6 months ago in some magazine, i have it in a game guide from the clippers vs suns game from a few weeks ago. now im a straight male, but i think nash is a ton better looking than dirk. just listen to the name.....Dirk nowitzki. *shudder*

as a lady, i'll settle this right now:

nash = good looking
dirk = ugly as sin

I nominate this debate as the worst direction a thread has ever taken.

lmao

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score

Interesting, what magazine was that? Must have been for Canadian males (and I can say that, because i'm Canadian!), I remember reading something about Dwayne Wade being on a list of that sort as well *shudders*. Maybe it's because Nash isn't freakishly tall like Dirk to normal people, I don't know how many seven footers usually make the best looking list but i'm shocked at how many people find Nash attractive, he was ugly in Dallas and I still find him ugly but the messy hairdo was better than the greaser look.

Steeldog: "It's not often I see a contradiction in the same post. Your right that doesn't smack of homerism .....at all."

I like sarcasm but it's kind of hard to distinguish in this topic or anyway topic concerning rival teams. Anyway, sorry for jumping on it i'm sure i'll catch on to the tone of the board... and learn to be a homer, since it's expected of me!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's because Nash isn't freakishly tall like Dirk to normal people

Is height still a consideration for looks? I thought todays Hobit is the new 7 Footer ? Or was that today's 50 is the new 40. I can't remember.

I don't know how many seven footers usually make the best looking list but i'm shocked at how many people find Nash attractive, he was ugly in Dallas and I still find him ugly but the messy hairdo was better than the greaser look.

Did you see the early season shaved Nash? It should be duly noted that Nash shaved his head before Brittney Spears. If he doesn't get the MVP he should get an award for most hair styles in a season.:D

Last edited:

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Mark Cuban isn't the best looking guy, but i'll take his looks for the net that he is worth. Same said about dirk.

Nash isn't exactly a handsome guy either, I would say Dirk has him beat in the looks department.

Interesting, what magazine was that? Must have been for Canadian males (and I can say that, because i'm Canadian!), I remember reading something about Dwayne Wade being on a list of that sort as well *shudders*. Maybe it's because Nash isn't freakishly tall like Dirk to normal people, I don't know how many seven footers usually make the best looking list but i'm shocked at how many people find Nash attractive, he was ugly in Dallas and I still find him ugly but the messy hairdo was better than the greaser look.

Is height still a consideration for looks? I thought todays Hobit is the new 7 Footer ? Or was that today's 50 is the new 40. I can't remember.

alright, i'm gonna need all of your man-cards, asap.

BigBinBigD

Reaction score
you really want to be the guy who says he has better taste in men than a girl? be my guest... :D

My wife's the one who said to me, when we were sitting next to him in a restaurant in Dallas several years ago and I told her who he was, "I don't care HOW much money he has!"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's the one who said to me, when we were sitting next to him in a restaurant in Dallas several years ago and I told her who he was, "I don't care HOW much money he has!"
What does she know? She married you.

Heyo!!

Just kidding, BBD.
:)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

SUUUUUURRRRREEE. That's what they all say. :D

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Did you even read my previous post about this? I said that homerism is expected from you Mav fans. I also said that I throw it (meaning homerism) back in your faces for fun. Bueller?!?!

Also, in case you also missed it, I was messing with the other MAVS poster by making a sarcastic comment about Nash derserving it hands down. I was making the point that for every homerish DIRK has no flaws post I have read, I could counter those points and I did.

Well maybe when you have been around our board long enough you might actually catch on a bit. We tend to be a sarcastic bunch that don't take things to seriously. However, when you Mav fans pop on here to talk smack and has nothing objective to say? Well that's grounds for being called a homer. Blind passion or not. Again, no biggy. I get why you Mavs fans are so defensive. I would be too after choking last year and feeling like your being slighted for all lthe attention the Suns are getting. It's all in good fun though.
I'm new to the arizona board. But you keep saying you mavs fans. I know i saw 1 mavs fan in the other thread that was arguing the mvp topic with you about dirk deserving it hands down. If mavs fans say they are being sarcastic.....then i guess it's okay too. but i guess we aren't smart enough to do that because of all of the homerism. Not that anyone else around the country is guilty.....it only takes place in dfw.
as far as feeling slighted by all of the attention the suns are getting? I live in glendale, and i hear a lot about the mavs here from the locals. The mavs are also getting more love nationally it seems.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Funny how that works out. At this point in the season the top team always gets a lot of love nationally.
So does the underdog.........
I agree. I could care less what the national writers or fans think about the mavs. If the mavs don't win a title......the season will mean nothing. The mavs have had a couple of franchise-best seasons the past few years. so those accomplishments are getting boring.
look at the heat last year. did they look dominant in the regular season? Yet they turned it on after starting 0-2 vs chicago. and they are the champs.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I could care less what the national writers or fans think about the mavs. If the mavs don't win a title......the season will mean nothing. The mavs have had a couple of franchise-best seasons the past few years. so those accomplishments are getting boring.
look at the heat last year. did they look dominant in the regular season? Yet they turned it on after starting 0-2 vs chicago. and they are the champs.

Prepare for your season to mean nothing. :D

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Prepare for your season to mean nothing. :D
same for you....it could be the suns and the mavs at home watching the finals. especially since the mavs have had a tough time with utah/s.a. and phoenix has struggled to win against the top teams much less ok city.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
same for you....it could be the suns and the mavs at home watching the finals. especially since the mavs have had a tough time with utah/s.a. and phoenix has struggled to win against the top teams much less ok city.

After all the exciting play by both teams...what an ending that would be for both to be sitting at home come the finals. OMG I don't even want to think about that. lol.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
After all the exciting play by both teams...what an ending that would be for both to be sitting at home come the finals. OMG I don't even want to think about that. lol.
well as great as the mavs look now, i want to pencil them in, but it's impossible. the spurs are finally looking like their old days. Utah handed dallas their worst loss of the year. the other game vs. dallas was a close one in dallas' favor @utah as well. Utah has also handed phoenix some problems as well. As i said phoenix has struggled to beat the best teams in the west. Dallas has won those games, but they have been close ones. Even a yao ming return has to get houston feeling good about themselves. That's a team i would not want to face in the first two rounds. it looks like a houston/dallas, dallas/utah, phoenix/S.A., phoenix/utah matchup in round two is likely. After looking at that one of the two could be sent home.......if not both. I hope i'm wrong.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well as great as the mavs look now, i want to pencil them in, but it's impossible. the spurs are finally looking like their old days. Utah handed dallas their worst loss of the year. the other game vs. dallas was a close one in dallas' favor @utah as well. Utah has also handed phoenix some problems as well. As i said phoenix has struggled to beat the best teams in the west. Dallas has won those games, but they have been close ones. Even a yao ming return has to get houston feeling good about themselves. That's a team i would not want to face in the first two rounds. it looks like a houston/dallas, dallas/utah, phoenix/S.A., phoenix/utah matchup in round two is likely. After looking at that one of the two could be sent home.......if not both. I hope i'm wrong.

I am not all that worried. In a 7 game series these teams are going to be hard to beat. I just can't imagine anything other then a Suns/Dallas showdown for the WCF.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I am not all that worried. In a 7 game series these teams are going to be hard to beat. I just can't imagine anything other then a Suns/Dallas showdown for the WCF.
I can. I'm not trying to sound like i'm worried. It's just a game....i hope it's competitive along the way. I'm just being realistic. The mavs record is dominant, especially winning 50 of 55 games. But those victories over the top teams were close games. they also have a loss versus yao, S.A., and utah. Phoenix has struggled against the top teams and there is no way around that.....so i'm just being realistic.

sandeepgm

Reaction score

If spurs and the suns meet in the 2nd round, it will be a great matchup..Spurs have the suns number so far. They may be old but i think they can still pull it off.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If spurs and the suns meet in the 2nd round, it will be a great matchup..Spurs have the suns number so far. They may be old but i think they can still pull it off.

Meaning winning the title? I think that Phoenix, the Spurs or the Mavs have a legit shot. I just like my chances against the Spurs in a 7 game series.

sandeepgm

Reaction score
Meaning winning the title? I think that Phoenix, the Spurs or the Mavs have a legit shot. I just like my chances against the Spurs in a 7 game series.

I dont think the spurs are going to represent the west in the finals. That would be my mavs :) but i think they would make the finals over the suns if they meet in the second round.

Spurs have clearly made small moves aimed at the mavs. Tried to get a bit quicker at the center bringing in elson and also playing vaughan a few minutes probably aimed at harris. Mavs will still be able to punish them by outrebounding but they have people who can better matchup with Dirk.

As far as the suns, they might win against the spurs and the reason could be spurs might be getting older...I think the suns chances in a 7 game series is the same as in a 1 day matchup.

They dont seem to significantly alter their plans or utilise any different bench player etc against any opponents but the suns whole reasoning(i think) is that that plan was good enough to win and only injuries(J.J) and last year(Amare) was responsible for not getting them a title shot. This year going by that reasoning should give them their best shot so we will see how it goes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05