Andrew Lucks first pass in the NFL........

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always find it interesting how mediocre the running backs from that draft class became. Knowshon is very mediocre and i believe he was the 12th pick, donald brown was taken before beanie and is basically useless, and Beanie is the most productive one taken 31st overall. Running backs in the first round now a days are usually so post to be very special.
Stop dissing NJ. (Both Brown and Moreno played HS football in Monmouth County, NJ near Red Bank).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Great game by Luck. More than his stats show, he did this under duress his entire playing time. He moved in the pocket, limited mistakes, and I believe led his offense to 3 TDs on those drives.

He will be a Hall of Fame, mark it down.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I always find it interesting how mediocre the running backs from that draft class became. Knowshon is very mediocre and i believe he was the 12th pick, donald brown was taken before beanie and is basically useless, and Beanie is the most productive one taken 31st overall. Running backs in the first round now a days are usually so post to be very special.

Except LeSean McCoy....I remember there was much debate and I thought they were going to pick him over Wells.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
You did watch to video I embedded? The one were he missed on 5 or 6 throws badly, threw another 3 passes, that because of the WR were caught. Missed by 2 inches overthrowing a WIDE OPEN receiver. If not for above average WR's, BIG TE's, a great OL and Harbaugh, Luck does not have the success he had at Stanford.

He is athletic and does make good reads, but I do not think he has the arm to be an elite QB.
He has a stronger arm than Peyton....

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Now they need to Replace Freeney or Reggie Wayne next year. Andrew Luck

to Keenan Allen?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
And by the way, it's my option, so no reason to insult me over it.

I have watched probably 100 hours of games of Andrew Luck. There is literally no flaw to his game. I would have to hear specifics other then feel.

And you are wrong on the arm piece. He has an outstanding to excellent arm. Hes not Jay Cutler but hes not Kolb or Leinart either. He can make "all the throws" geez man do I really need to convince you of this? Just keep watching this season and youll come around.

He is the best prospect since Peyton. I love this quote on one of his scouting profiles :

Let's be clear, Luck's floor is Matt Ryan. That's right, his worst-case scenario is that he'll be Matt Ryan, a QB more than half of the teams in the league would be elated to have right now.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have watched probably 100 hours of games of Andrew Luck. There is literally no flaw to his game. I would have to hear specifics other then feel.

And you are wrong on the arm piece. He has an outstanding to excellent arm. Hes not Jay Cutler but hes not Kolb or Leinart either. He can make "all the throws" geez man do I really need to convince you of this? Just keep watching this season and youll come around.

He is the best prospect since Peyton. I love this quote on one of his scouting profiles :

Let's be clear, Luck's floor is Matt Ryan. That's right, his worst-case scenario is that he'll be Matt Ryan, a QB more than half of the teams in the league would be elated to have right now.

Not a flaw? Barley beat out Ryan Lindley John Skelton for worst ADJ INT Rate. He still makes bad throws. His is not a bust and I was totally wrong about that, but he still makes bad throws and RGIII was as good as I said he would be.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/adjusted-interceptions-2012

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
LOL this thread is pretty funny.

All I can say is watch film on RGIII. 75% of his throws are within 5 yards and most of his deep throws are to wide open WR's. In an entire year of film, you could easily count on one hand how many times he looks off a safety and actually reads through progressions. One thing he is great at is marketing -- he's smart by taking advantage of all his endorsement opportunities now, but he will never live up to the extreme over-hype that he's received. Watch RGIII vs OK st, and then watch Luck vs OK st. It's night and day difference.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not a flaw? Barley beat out Ryan Lindley John Skelton for worst ADJ INT Rate. He still makes bad throws. His is not a bust and I was totally wrong about that, but he still makes bad throws and RGIII was as good as I said he would be.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/adjusted-interceptions-2012

This is not meant to further a Andrew Luck or RGIII debate because you can't change my mind on that. But in regards to making bad throws down the field, I think that is a ridiculous comment. I would rather my QB, if he has top 15 QB skills, to make mistakes pushing the ball down the field than not. Take Warner to Fitz as a prime example of this. Top QBs are top QBs because they push the ball down the field for the most part. They create big plays. The bigger crime is not attempting those throws because too many good things can happen on pass plays down the field.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not meant to further a Andrew Luck or RGIII debate because you can't change my mind on that. But in regards to making bad throws down the field, I think that is a ridiculous comment. I would rather my QB, if he has top 15 QB skills, to make mistakes pushing the ball down the field than not. Take Warner to Fitz as a prime example of this. Top QBs are top QBs because they push the ball down the field for the most part. They create big plays. The bigger crime is not attempting those throws because too many good things can happen on pass plays down the field.

They are not just down field. Watch the videos I embedded. I called it before the season started that he made bad throwns and his stats still support that.

And by bad throws, there are not just poor decisions but terrible throws. Again, I was wrong with him being a bust, but if his INT rate does not come down, but will never be the great QB so many think we will be.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05