Another Option: Oliver Perez

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Grumblings out of Pittsburgh have stated that the Pirates, deep in pitching, would trade Oliver Perez if the asking price is adequate.

Here's a guy who is lights out when he's on, and he's relatively young. Anyone think he'd be worth a look?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. Perez was lights out a couple seasons ago but has been garbage the last year and a half. He has injury problems and his character has been questioned while with the Bucs. Thom said during the game that Perez was pitching that the Pirates are in discussions on whether or not to pick up his option and it is 50/50 now. IMO, I'm not sure if one of our big 4 is worth risking for Perez

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
mattyboy said:
will it cost one of our top four prospects for perez?

More than likely. Once more teams get involved to try and acquire him, the price will go up. He's a power LH pitcher who is only 25 yrs old and will get attention from all the contenders- NYY, NYM, BOS....

Fannatick

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting Perez. I think he has real potential and right now his trade value should be pretty low because of the crappy season he's having. If we could trade a B+ prospect for him, I would. He's young, a lefty and has potential. I would take a chance on him.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Fannatick said:
I wouldn't mind getting Perez. I think he has real potential and right now his trade value should be pretty low because of the crappy season he's having. If we could trade a B+ prospect for him, I would. He's young, a lefty and has potential. I would take a chance on him.

It's gonna take way more than a B+ prospect

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I would pull the trigger on two trades, if they presented themselves (Maybe I'm dreaming when it comes to these)

But first for Oliver:

Dustin Nippert and Miguel Montero for Oliver Perez

Second for Dontrelle:

Chris Young and Scott Hairston for Dontrelle Willis

Imagine a rotation of Webb, Willis, Perez.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second for Dontrelle:

Chris Young and Scott Hairston for Dontrelle Willis

Imagine a rotation of Webb, Willis, Perez.

That package isnt gonna get it done for Willis.

OP
OP
Diamondback Jay

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Dustin Nippert and Miguel Montero for Oliver Perez

The Pirates have no immediate need for a catcher at this point, so Montero would be of no need. I COULD see them asking for Chris Carter or Cesar Nicholas in the deal.