Anyone make their SundayTicket call yet?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I called today and all they wanted to give me was $10 off 6 payments of $44 Ummm...no, guess I'll be calling back in a few days
I may not have gotten to retention tho

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I called today and all they wanted to give me was $10 off 6 payments of $44 Ummm...no, guess I'll be calling back in a few days
I may not have gotten to retention tho

Gave it up a couple years ago. I now watch any game I want over the internet while watching whichever is broadcast over the normal cable/satellite channels.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Need to use the lack of Pac 12 network as leverage. Call and threaten to cancel because you are _____ alumni and banter, then ask for Sunday Ticket for free or a discount. It worked for everyone I know who tried it last season.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Need to use the lack of Pac 12 network as leverage. Call and threaten to cancel because you are _____ alumni and banter, then ask for Sunday Ticket for free or a discount. It worked for everyone I know who tried it last season.

That's a good idea didn't think of that, I will also throw in the Suns aren't broadcast enough, that should do it

I can watch all the games on my Android TV box with XBMC but was looking for the true HD , quality is alittle better than streaming although I won't hesitate to do that if they don't budge

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cut the cord

use Apple TV and love it
Netflix
Hulu Plus
HBO
ESPN

Rabbit ears for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS local in HD

Save $1208 per year

I'll never go back

This is my 3rd year - I miss Direct TV ZERo, none, not a single bit....nada

try it

My family loves it...no one complained

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
your supposed to love it.... Apple is the devil....wouldn't come at ya all evil lookin....

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just made the call. Not a great deal but better than what I had. I dropped the Red Zone and cell phone/laptop/ and game shorts capability last year and paid about $175.00 total. Now they had a 'deal' and gave me the full package back and I'm paying about 2 hundy total. I got the laptop capability back because I'm going to be travelling for some of the games and I'll be able to watch them on the road..

I got direct to the NFL package people by saying 'cancel nfl package' at the voice prompt.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cancelled. Not sure if I will call again to see what they will do for me.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think ESPN would be wise to offer the NFL games on an individual basis like pay per view movies. $3-5 a game would be fine by me. They could even do the RED Zone like that each week. Seems like a no brainer to me and would get us 'cheapies' to pay to watch our favorite team each week. That would still bring them close to $100 per season from fans who don't want the $200-300 charge per year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think ESPN would be wise to offer the NFL games on an individual basis like pay per view movies. $3-5 a game would be fine by me. They could even do the RED Zone like that each week. Seems like a no brainer to me and would get us 'cheapies' to pay to watch our favorite team each week. That would still bring them close to $100 per season from fans who don't want the $200-300 charge per year.

The NFL doesn't want this. The NFL apparently thinks if they make it too easy nobody will attend the games.

Google was apparently discussing doing something like this a year or two ago and got nowhere with the NFL. Apparently the NFL thinks that even if they make more money by a pay per game approach, the gains will be offset by the loss of attendance to games, and they think it will hurt their advertising revenues.

To me it's short sighted but they appear to be convinced that's the right approach to maximize their product.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The NFL doesn't want this. The NFL apparently thinks if they make it too easy nobody will attend the games.

Google was apparently discussing doing something like this a year or two ago and got nowhere with the NFL. Apparently the NFL thinks that even if they make more money by a pay per game approach, the gains will be offset by the loss of attendance to games, and they think it will hurt their advertising revenues.

To me it's short sighted but they appear to be convinced that's the right approach to maximize their product.

That isn't necessarily true. The NFL isn't worried about attendence revenue, but they are worried about TV contracts which is where the majority of revenue comes from anymore. The ability to pick and choose games without having to have ESPN or Fox or CBS or ABC would hurt their negotiating leverage for those TV deals as those networks would lose advertising dollars.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That isn't necessarily true. The NFL isn't worried about attendence revenue, but they are worried about TV contracts which is where the majority of revenue comes from anymore. The ability to pick and choose games without having to have ESPN or Fox or CBS or ABC would hurt their negotiating leverage for those TV deals as those networks would lose advertising dollars.

Right there are several reasons they don't want it, one of them is apparently concern over attendance.

I haven't seen the most recent data but NFL attendance peaked in 2007 and from 08-2012 it steadily declined every year. The NFL doesn't seem to think the reason is because you have to take out a 2nd mortage to afford tickets, they seem to think it's because it's now easier to see games on tv.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Right there are several reasons they don't want it, one of them is apparently concern over attendance.

I haven't seen the most recent data but NFL attendance peaked in 2007 and from 08-2012 it steadily declined every year. The NFL doesn't seem to think the reason is because you have to take out a 2nd mortage to afford tickets, they seem to think it's because it's now easier to see games on tv.

And they are fine with it being that way. The NFL is ok with lower attendence as long as tv numbers stay up because that drives the increase in TV contracts which is where the money comes from. There are other shockwaves but the only one that really bares mentioning is that the NFL will not do anything that will jeopardize it's tv viewership because that is the golden goose. Individual teams and owners may be concerned over attendence but as a league, the TV ratings are almost all that matters.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they are fine with it being that way. The NFL is ok with lower attendence as long as tv numbers stay up because that drives the increase in TV contracts which is where the money comes from. There are other shockwaves but the only one that really bares mentioning is that the NFL will not do anything that will jeopardize it's tv viewership because that is the golden goose. Individual teams and owners may be concerned over attendence but as a league, the TV ratings are almost all that matters.

Yes but there is a balance between attendance and tv revenue. Quite frankly people won't spend as much on advertising if the stadium is half full. We hear this all the time locally with the Raiders how the NFL is constantly on the Raiders to take steps to improve attendance. They don't like the local blackouts for one thing.

I would add, the NFL doesn't get extra tv revenue, nor do they lose it, from games watched online. that's built into the contract because the NFL figured they'd eventually get sued by someone if they continued to try and force people to get DTV to get Sunday Ticket while freely allowing people in Canada and Mexico to see the games without Direct TV. They are required to offer a way for fans who can't get Direct tv, to get Sunday ticket. That's what started Ticket to Go. Then they decided to create Sunday Ticket Max so they could charge 300 bucks.

They are essentially doing an actuarial computation trying to figure out how to maximize their profits by creating a balance between attendance and ease of people to watch the games on tv or the internet.

I assume at some point in the future we'll have PPV games, it seems like a pretty likely model. They're simply pricing the average fan out with the cost of tickets these days.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Called today...stated "I want to cancel NFL Ticket".
Girl who answered gave me $5 off monthly charge
(39.99 down to 34.99) and gave me NFL Max free.
Not bad, I'll take it!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut the cord

use Apple TV and love it
Netflix
Hulu Plus
HBO
ESPN

Rabbit ears for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS local in HD

Save $1208 per year

I'll never go back

This is my 3rd year - I miss Direct TV ZERo, none, not a single bit....nada

try it

My family loves it...no one complained

Tell me more about this Apple TV, please and thank you.

We are under contract with Directv and don't have any leverage for negotiating (not that I currently care about getting the Ticket).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Apple TV: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD199LL-A-TV/dp/B007I5JT4S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1405259726&sr=8-5&keywords=apple

Amazon Fire TV: http://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-streaming-media-player/dp/B00CX5P8FC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405259744&sr=8-2&keywords=apple+tv

Roku: http://www.amazon.com/Roku-3-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00BGGDVOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405259817&sr=8-1&keywords=Roku

All three are quite nice. Usually though, you need 2 of the three to ultimately "cut the cord". I have a couple Rokus and an Apple TV. Apple doesn't get Amazon Prime video while Roku's don't get some of the stuff the Apple TV gets (They do have Amazon).

Personally.... I am still very unimpressed with what they consider 1080p when you compare it to DirecTV or Fios. If I don't get the same viewing experience, I cannot quit what I have (DirecTV).

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I have Apple TV. If I could get an online stream of the ticket there, I'd be gone in an instant.

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
I have DirecTV now and first year having Sunday Ticket (free thankfully), so excited to see what it's all about.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They need to get Apple TV included with NFL games. Allow fans to buy single games online for viewing. I'd pay.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I have DirecTV now and first year having Sunday Ticket (free thankfully), so excited to see what it's all about.

Same here.
BTW, is it true that you can't record games from Sunday Ticket?

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Same here.
BTW, is it true that you can't record games from Sunday Ticket?

No, you can record and keep any game. Most of the time I will let the Cards play for about an hour then turn on the game so I can fast forward through the commercials. (Make sure your not watching something that gives updates to NFL games or it can spoil it.)

They also NFL replay that you can watch the games in 30 minutes. Amazing how short a game is without timeouts or commercials.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you can record and keep any game. Most of the time I will let the Cards play for about an hour then turn on the game so I can fast forward through the commercials. (Make sure your not watching something that gives updates to NFL games or it can spoil it.)

They also NFL replay that you can watch the games in 30 minutes. Amazing how short a game is without timeouts or commercials.

"don't look at the bottom of the screen!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05