archie manning

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
everyone says we need a franchise qb. well archie was that and more but he played for the aints and they were terrible. he was fun to watch but they still sucked. lets face it, the cards are the aints of today so do you really think a qb is the answer, bet you thought jake was the franchise qb? didnt you? im not a jake fan but he never had a chance.answer to the problem: fix our off. and def. lineman problem cause until then it doesnt matter who the other players are...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtav10
im not a jake fan but he never had a chance.

:rolleyes:

How long did he need to fail here before it would become obvious that things weren't working out? He was here FIVE YEARS!!!

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
im not taking his side, just wondering who this wonderful franchise qb is? is it leftwich, boller cause they arent doing so well and they play for decent teams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
im not taking his side, just wondering who this wonderful franchise qb is? is it leftwich, boller cause they arent doing so well and they play for decent teams.

What are you talking about? They're rookie QBs! They're not going to set the world on fire, but Leftwich has kept almost all of the Jags games close (and beat the reigning Super Bowl Champions), and Boller kept him team in the playoff hunt through the first two or three months of the season, and now they're in first place in their division.

Look at what Franchise QBs have done on other teams: Steve McNair, Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick (led the team on two scoring drives in his first appearance of the season). David Carr has led the Texans above expectations this season. Joey Harrington beat the Cards, and then the Packers on Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
the personel on those teams is superior to the cards, and i still say if drafted, manning wont play for the cards.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
I think he'd welcome the chance to play here- look at his bro - the Colts were like 1-15 prior to him going there & he took the challenge.

He stayed 4 years in college
He chose Ole Miss over every other college in the nation

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the personel on those teams is superior to the cards, and i still say if drafted, manning wont play for the cards.

he comes from too good of a family who know the importance of PR for their son/brother - for that to happen. You forget how horrendous the Colts were when Peyton was taken - or hell what about the Bengals last year! I think that for the most part - players demnading to be traded in the NFL or never signed is a thing of the past - and it happened so infrequently in the past also - it's not really relevant.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
I've found our franchise QB!

It's Ron Jeremy...or Super Mario...I can't tell...

Attachments

• sadie07.jpg
    sadie07.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 175

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
He stayed 4 years in college
He chose Ole Miss over every other college in the nation

There's your franchise QB jtav. If there ever was one, this guy's him.

He's faced the ninth toughest schedule in college ball this year, btw.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Will never happen, think about it. As bad as we have been we would NEVER draft a guy with the first pick who didn't want to sign for us. IF we have the first pick there's a couple of months we're we can basically negotiate with Eli, if he says DO NOT DRAFT ME, you really think we're going to be as dumb as the Baltimore Colts and draft him like they did Elway?

If that happened, we'd trade the pick, or knowing us draft Chris Lewis from Stanford instead :)

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
RUSS, IM NOT SURE WE WOULDNT MAKE THAT MISTAKE, ARE YOU?

pinnacle

Reaction score
Eli will sign with us if we draft him. Period. He is not going to pass up the bonus opportunity - it is way too much $$...besides..as mentioned..the kid went to Ole Miss - he chose it..he could gone anywhere. He is not a super ego I am going to hold out type of person... Plus - he will go to a bad team - no matter who picks him. Cheese makes a bunch of other valid statements...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RUSS, IM NOT SURE WE WOULDNT MAKE THAT MISTAKE, ARE YOU?

Positive, Graves is not a moron. Elway took a ton of flack for that but he flat out told the Colts a month before the draft I don't want to play for you don't pick me, and they still did.

Remember the rumor was the reason we picked Simeon over Ogden was Ogden told us he didn't want to play for us. AS bad as we've been I see no way in hell we'll get to the day of the draft and not have Manning ready to sign, if we do, we'll trade the pick.

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
PINNACLE, he went to ole miss cause his dad played there and no other reason.

TMcgoni

Reaction score

And the coaching is superior also. If we get the right coach, he'll play for the Cardinals. What quarterback wouldn't want to throw to Anquan Boldin? The trio of Eli, Marcel, and Q could be comparable to Peyton, Edgerin James and Marvin Harrison when they were lighting things up.

pinnacle

Reaction score
jtav: I am well aware that Archie went to old miss..that was not the point..they were a .500 team and not a powerhouse - he could have gone anywhere and possibly contend for a national championship...he chose to go to his fathers school where he had no shot at a national championship. In the relative terms of college football - mississippi is marginal - how many SEC championships do they have.

There are a ton of reasons. if we draft him as a top 5 pick - he will sign here.

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle

There are a ton of reasons. if we draft him as a top 5 pick - he will sign here.

Loosing the rest of the games to end the seanson 3-13, and not showing any fight in road games against beatable teams such as the Steelers, Browns, and Bears; yes, a ton of money is what it would take to make Eli Manning enthusiastic about playing for the Cards. However, I hope I'm wrong.

But I would rather the Cards focus less on drafting a franchise QB as their #1 pick next year and draft CBs, pass rushers, WRs, and trading for a good vetran WR. It would make more sense to go after a good QB in the 2nd round or lower--sort of like the Bucks did when they picked up Sims and the Rams and Pats with their current starting QBs.

Whereas, if the Cards get stronger on offense and defense in 2004, the team would be ready for the franchise QB to take over in a possible wining situation as opposed to the Cards obvious 10-year-plan rebuilding program.

Note: The Cards 10-year-plan is similar to the former Soviet 5-year-plan, they never get it right.