Are the suns done?

Reaction score
I cant help but think that the suns are done, its really hard to see them coming back and winning the series now that they are down 2-0. It breaks my heart to see them blow the first 2 games like they have. Im losing faith here guys :(

Mirth

Rookie
Reaction score
Their not pinin'! Their passed on! This team is no more! They have ceased to be! Their expired and gone to meet their maker!

Their a stiff! Bereft of life, they rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch they'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

They have kicked the bucket, they have shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-TEAM!!

...Sorry I had to borrow this from the Monty Python Dead Parrot Skit. It just seemed to fit...

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
They aren't done, losing this series isn't a given. People need to realize that...

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Obviouisly the Suns aren't done because its ony game two of the series.

Do we have to have one of these downer threads after every loss??

Mirth

Rookie
Reaction score
Cmon PokerFace. Do you really think they can pull it off? We have been and still are thier b*tch. It's over.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They need to play it one quarter at a time. Suns win the next two and it's a new series.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
No one can say that Phoenix doesn’t have the ability to win the next two. NO ONE.

It’s not over until it’s over, I’m sick of being dramatic, watching them come up short in the playoffs time and time again, it’s not over until it’s over. They were down 3-1 against the Lakers, the Spurs are nowhere near those Lakers, but if everyone wants to say that the Suns are the better team this year against the Spurs, then it’s time to prove that by winning the next two at home. I cannot see them losing game 3, i really can’t. Desperation crowd with their oxygen tanks set on high. Gotta win game 3 first though, that’s all I’m looking at. We have to see how grant hill is feeling as well in the next two days.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
the suns really need to capitalize on the spurs scoring droughts. spurs went through quite a few of them tonight

however...... if parker/ginobili whatever, are going to have a train lane to set up a picnic around the basket for easy layups, its over. stick a fork in em. interior D HAS to improve. spurs won +12 points in the paint battle.... caused by Spurs guards......

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
They aren't done, losing this series isn't a given. People need to realize that...

you're right. we have a 6% percent chance of winning now.

then we take into account:

-the fact that the spurs have a better coach- -1%
-the fact that we still can not stop giving up open layups- -1%
-the fact that parker and ginobili tear us limb from limb- -1%
-the fact that our coach tries to go to diaw in the post at the end of a game- -.5%
-the fact that amare has 25 points in the first have yet we go away from him- -1%
-the fact that the spurs are a far better defensive team and closing team- -1%

so that leaves our chances at .5%. seems about right to me.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns needed a split in S.A.
They folded to a smarter team. Newsflash! The SPURS aren't going to suddenly become dumb in games 3 & 4 in PHX.
The SUNS have better talent.
The SPURS have a better HC,better basketball IQ's,more heart, committment to defense, and a gentleman's relationship with Stern & his referee's.
The SUNS are done.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
They're done for the season. If they can get some additional help for next year, they could still do something. A competent backup point guard and another scorer and they will be fine next year.

Reaction score
It's over. The Suns are done. The were done before they even started the series. No way they can beat the Spurs. Never will they beat the Spurs. NEVER.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
No one can say that Phoenix doesn’t have the ability to win the next two. NO ONE.

It’s not over until it’s over, I’m sick of being dramatic, watching them come up short in the playoffs time and time again, it’s not over until it’s over. They were down 3-1 against the Lakers, the Spurs are nowhere near those Lakers, but if everyone wants to say that the Suns are the better team this year against the Spurs, then it’s time to prove that by winning the next two at home. I cannot see them losing game 3, i really can’t. Desperation crowd with their oxygen tanks set on high. Gotta win game 3 first though, that’s all I’m looking at. We have to see how grant hill is feeling as well in the next two days.

The Suns came back against a Laker team that was barely over .500, an 8th seed, and was starting Smush Parker and Kwamie Brown. There is a big difference between that and coming back against the defending NBA Champion Spurs. Instead of Smush and Kwamie, it's Tony Parker and Tim Duncan.

It's not impossible, but taking 4 of the next 5 against the Spurs is highly unlikely at best.

Reaction score
It is flat out painful to watch the Suns against the Spurs. They look fine and they get leads on them, then all of a sudden someone from the Spurs starts to heat up and the Suns panic and you can just see their demeanor change and they start playing stupid basketball.

It seems like it is this way every game in the playoffs that the Suns play the Spurs...The Suns look like they have the game in complete control, then they just slowly let SA climb back into it. Well, except for today, when it seemed like they went from being up 14 to down 10 in about 5 minutes.

It is just crushing and for the rest of the series I am taking the attitude of "Hope for the best, but expect the worst"

I wont say they are done, but I definitely am not confident that they can come back.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns came back against a Laker team that was barely over .500, an 8th seed, and was starting Smush Parker and Kwamie Brown. There is a big difference between that and coming back against the defending NBA Champion Spurs. Instead of Smush and Kwamie, it's Tony Parker and Tim Duncan.

It's not impossible, but taking 4 of the next 5 against the Spurs is highly unlikely at best.

Yea. I like the confidence of the fans though. The fans have more confidence than our players.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns are done. They won't win 4 of 5 against the spurs to win the series. I'd like it to happen as much as anyone, but it's just not going to happen. They needed the split.

Question is, what kind of changes are in store for this franchise in a loooong off season??

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Suns are done. They won't win 4 of 5 against the spurs to win the series. I'd like it to happen as much as anyone, but it's just not going to happen. They needed the split.

Question is, what kind of changes are in store for this franchise in a loooong off season??

with any luck:

1) fire d'antoni. kerr might make a fine coach. even van gundy.

2) try and pick up an extra pick or two in the first round on draft day however possible.

3) actually play and develop rookies

4) switch up the style, sign a couple free agents, and call it progress.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Suns have yet to prove they can protect home court against the Spurs in the PO's... This series is over folks, sorry.

As for the off season... Carlisle could be an interesting candidate if they're in the market for a new coach.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns have yet to prove they can protect home court against the Spurs in the PO's... This series is over folks, sorry.

As for the off season... Carlisle could be an interesting candidate if they're in the market for a new coach.

Does it matter? The Suns have no shot next year.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
Spurs have gotten lucky twice in a row and were also helped out by the refs like I have never seen before in many many years of watching basketball.

Delayed sweep. Suns in 6 and no game is within 15 points.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Spurs have gotten lucky twice in a row and were also helped out by the refs like I have never seen before in many many years of watching basketball.

Delayed sweep. Suns in 6 and no game is within 15 points.

how exactly were they lucky today? what happened to them that was lucky? and the refs? you've bitched about them in 10 threads, but you've never cited any examples. the refs did a fine job. they called flops and they even fouled kurt thomas all the way out of the game. they even called bowen for harassing nash, go figure!

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Hell no we aren't done! SA did what they were supposed to do. Its 2-0. They are a great team and tough as heck at home. Now its our turn on home soil.

We're got alot of fight left in us. Steve Nash is a 2 time MVP damn it. He'll rally the troops and we'll be ready to whoop some ass come game 3 and GAME 4!

I will never give up on the Suns. Win 2 at home, pinch game 5 and dominate game 6...

It almost seems too easy.

GO SUNS!

NDNACE

Rookie
Reaction score
The Suns will have to blow out the Spurs in games 3 and 4 to have a chance in this series. If either game is close at the end the Spurs will smell blood and go for the kill. They have what the Suns lack, killer instinct. The Spurs own us and it makes me sick to admit that.

Barry and Ginoboli always seem to shoot the lights out at USAirway. A sweep? Probably not. Four to one and we're done. I think it's all academic anyway, Chris Paul and the Hornets look awesome.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05