Are the suns done?

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
The Suns are not done.

Is it that hard to imagine them winning game 3 and game 4? If we just lose one of them, I agree - it's over. But two games at home are winnable.

It's certainly not for granted to take two straight against S.A., but it can be done without speaking of theoretical chances only.

We lost game 1 as unlucky as it gets, and if it wasn't for the late threes, we'd go to Phoenix with home court advantage with nobody talking about elimination.

I know we didn't win and are in serious trouble.

But it's not like we're facing a highly superior team, and we can certainly beat the Spurs. Even twice. In a row.

If we go back to San Antonio with a 2-2 tie, it's everyones series.

... having said that, of course I fear what we all know it's going to happen. Phoenix will lose at least one of the next two games and will suffer another disappointing loss to San Antonio.

The offseason will be boring with the 15th pick as the only possible addition. Nash, Hill, Bell and O'Neal will be yet another year older next season while we don't have any options to improve our team to compete for the title for the next years.
And the Western Conference is going to be even tougher. The Lakers and Hornets will even improve with gained experience. Utah will be there, still. The Spurs always are. Houston, Denver, Dallas and Golden State will be playoff- contenders. And then there is Portland added to the mix.

It's going to be a strech to even make the playoffs next year.

A very sad end to the Nash- era. Injuries in 2005 and 2006 stopped great teams. Tim Donaghay (sp.) and the supsension stopped the team in 2007. The current one is just not good enough.

On the bright side we'll still have Amaré to build a new team around. And we'll have lots of cash in two years to spend on free agents.

Still sad, cause I really wished for Nash to make it and for Hill to find some late success in his career.

But then again, game 3 is still up for grabs. GO SUNS!!!

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
It's now or never for Shaq. If the Suns don't win now, Shaq would be lazy again, and expect him to miss alot of games, and the Suns franchise will be doomed.

So yes, we can still win this one. Bench STAT! He's awful, this team got alot of offensive threats, so benching AMARE would be good for the defense. I would play Skinner until he fouls out. Then it's AMARE all the way.

Dammit, D'Antoni is just too stupid.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's now or never for Shaq. If the Suns don't win now, Shaq would be lazy again, and expect him to miss alot of games, and the Suns franchise will be doomed.

So yes, we can still win this one. Bench STAT! He's awful, this team got alot of offensive threats, so benching AMARE would be good for the defense. I would play Skinner until he fouls out. Then it's AMARE all the way.

Dammit, D'Antoni is just too stupid.

Are ya still drinking away the loss? Sit Amare? Sounds like you need to get slapped sLapzs.:trout:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Done and done.

thats the difference between the Suns and Spurs when the Spurs get you hurt they finish you thats why they have all those rings.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I said it before Game 2...

Parker, Ginobili and Finley... darn, I even named the assasins that "killed" the Suns.

Its just atrocious seeing easy layups... I wish Shaq fouled Parker 5 times as much as he did last night...

Kenny Smith said it best, Suns had no problems putting themselves ahead by 12-14 points... but allowing easy layups its just not on.

Grant Hill was good when he was on, he didnt score much, but he focused on defense, he did well, contesting layups... D'Antoni could use DJ to guard Parker during those runs.... Have Ginobili go nuts, but both of them just too much.

Barbosa is just a liability against the Spurs.... no defense what so ever, only knows how to reach for steals, doesnt stay in front of his man considering he is as quick as anyone in the league.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Atleast i think Hornets will beat the Spurs anyways...

So if the Suns bow out, Go Hornets! :-D, Paul is ridiculous!.

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are disgusting fans. You guys always act like this after every loss.

''Fire Damtoni'' or''Man Stat SUCKS.'' These are professional basketball players. If you guys can't take a loss, you shouldn't be watching basketball. I think most of the people on these forums are just band wagoners. I bet if the Suns won this series in the next few weeks, you guys will be screaming how amazing the Suns are and blah blah blah.

It disgusting to watch.

nowagimp

Reaction score
with any luck:

1) fire d'antoni. kerr might make a fine coach. even van gundy.

2) try and pick up an extra pick or two in the first round on draft day however possible.

3) actually play and develop rookies

4) switch up the style, sign a couple free agents, and call it progress.

NOBODY worth having wants the suns coaching job. No defensive coach wants amare, barbosa, and nash on the same team. Frank Johnson might take the job, or maybe isiah thomas. There is a reason that the suns never even interviewed a seriously interested highly successful coach.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
You guys are disgusting fans. You guys always act like this after every loss.

''Fire Damtoni'' or''Man Stat SUCKS.'' These are professional basketball players. If you guys can't take a loss, you shouldn't be watching basketball. I think most of the people on these forums are just band wagoners. I bet if the Suns won this series in the next few weeks, you guys will be screaming how amazing the Suns are and blah blah blah.

It disgusting to watch.

I see you have been watching for a long time...

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
Of course their not done. They should be heavily favored to win Game 3, and that should give them some momentum going into Game 4. From there, things will look a whole lot better. Don't think of it in terms of winning 4 of the next 5 -- think of it as finding a way to get to Game 6. That will be a home game that they should win, and from there it's anyone's game in Game 7.

It's an uphill battle, to be sure. If the Spurs really are the better team, then the Suns won't win it. But if the Suns are the better team -- and I think they may be -- then they still have a fighting chance.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
It's never over until they have been eliminated. However, based on past record, there is little hope - except for ONE THING. SHAQ has done it before.

Agloco

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns needed a split in S.A.
They folded to a smarter team. Newsflash! The SPURS aren't going to suddenly become dumb in games 3 & 4 in PHX.
The SUNS have better talent.
The SPURS have a better HC,better basketball IQ's,more heart, committment to defense, and a gentleman's relationship with Stern & his referee's.
The SUNS are done.

Sigh..........

What's so hard about stopping after "commitment to defense"?

What gripe do you have with the officiating in either game?

Sounds like you're still stuck in 2007.

Referee

Reaction score
How can any fan quit on this team at this point??? The arena will be fully charged and some home cooking will take its rightful place... This series is going seven.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's never over until they have been eliminated. However, based on past record, there is little hope - except for ONE THING. SHAQ has done it before.

haha Shaq got swept last year. Nash and Amare have to carry this team.

GYDevil

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is my prediction on how the rest of the series will go:

Game 3 - Suns win rather easily, by 10-15 points. They will bring the passion and the crowd will be nuts. After the win, everyone on the Suns will be talking about how they should be up 2-1, not down 2-1, and if it weren't for one bad quarter in Game 2 they would be up 3-0 and going for the sweep.

Game 4 - Another classic Suns letdown. They buy into their own hype and lack intensity for important parts of the game. It is close down the stretch but SA's experience pulls out the game with a win by 2-4 points.

Game 5 - With the Spurs smelling blood they mercifully put the Suns away. They lead by 10+ in the fourth until the Suns make a late run to get just close enough to make the loss feel even worse.

Offseason - D'Antoni fired. Suns trade Barbosa and the Atlanta pick to move up in the draft. They go for it for one more year with a veteran coach like Larry Brown, Rick Carlile or Jeff Van Gundy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cant help but think that the suns are done, its really hard to see them coming back and winning the series now that they are down 2-0. It breaks my heart to see them blow the first 2 games like they have. Im losing faith here guys :(
suns are done.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05