Are we ready for the next 3 games?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
the next 3 games we've got tough matchups, but im not sure we are going to be ready for these games yet. We came off of a 17 game winning streek against almost all teams that we should beat anyway, so now we have some real competition. Our next 3 opponents will be Spurs,Jazz, and Nuggets. The first two will be at home, and then the 3rd will be in denver. We will only get 1 day off in between games so we wont have much rest. It is known that the Nuggets like to run just as we do, but after 2 games facing formidable opponents can we handle a game that is as draining as the Nuggets game is sure to be?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think the Suns will be ready, they in recent times been dominant when they perceive the stakes to be high.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Spurs will be in a back-to-back road game situation and the Suns will have something to prove...WIN

Jazz might not have Boozer right? WIN

I'm worried about the Nuggets but I think the Suns will be able to handle them.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I hope that the Spurs and Jazz play a quadruple OT tonight. I have no sympothy for any team playing without their star player. We went the entire year without our tall and talented. And right now, we are without our lower defensive presence.

bazzaretta

Reaction score
If we don't beat them at their full strength, people will keep saying we have not beaten any elite teams.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Healthy and tired are 2 different things. If we beat the Spurs tired that takes nothing away from it. All teams play back to backs. Now if Duncan rolls an ankle and doesn't play then we will hear about it.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If we don't beat them at their full strength, people will keep saying we have not beaten any elite teams.

The Lakers and their jock sniffers have hung their hats on the fact that they took the Suns to 7 games last year... I don't want to hear that we only beat teams that lacked their Superstar, or key role player. No one cried a river for us being without STAT and KT for months!

The Lakers beat the 1986-87 Boston Celtic team (arguably their best team of the 80s) for the championship when everyone that mattered on the Celtic team was injured for the Finals (Walton, McHale, Ainge, and I think Parrish). Does that trophy still shine in the Laker trophy case? You Betcha!

The 1989 Detroit Pistons won their first NBA championship after the Lakers (who had cruised through the playoffs @ 11-0) began pulling up lame in the finals. Did they still award the Pistons the trophy? You Betcha!

NativeSun

Reaction score
We NEED to beat...

the Spurs and the Jazz at least. Otherwise we will be sporting an O-fer against the elite western teams, and that spells psychological doom come playoff time.

We really need those wins to validate our two long streaks, believe it or not. Time to step up, and I think the guys are ready for this test.

Lynx280

Registered
Reaction score
how quickly they forget how we played last year, without one of our star players, theres more to a team than one star player.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Without KT in the game, Diaw is going to have the tough job of guarding Duncan. Hopefully Amare can provide adequate help from the weak side and swat Duncans shots away.

OP
OP
arwillan

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
wow, the jazz have beaten both the suns and the spurs without their star player. Maybe they are for real this year

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05