Arizona Diamondbacks @ Milwaukee Brewers Series Thread. 09/19/24-09/22/24

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said - Torey wouldn’t be capable of such player development protocol…

Torey plays an integral role in player development. He handles everything while they are on the team and he deserves credit for that.

What he doesn't is sending guys up and down. That's Hazen

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will actually contradict myself almost immediately.

I fully believe that Torey's well reputed loyalty is 100% responsible for the team turning it around in June with two players that will be the reason we make the playoffs. Both players were mired in incredible slumps and were well reported to be on the way out locally. Carrol and Suarez.

In fact, Suarez was days from being DFA'd and it was super reported. And then he got a reprieve and turned his season around.

Meanwhile Carrol was going to triple A and he got nearly the same reprieve.

So I firmly believe based on how reported these two actions were, that Hazen prepped the media and then Torey got them a week and the rest is history.

I knock Torey for his loyalty to guys but also 100% he deserve massive credit here.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Roster decisions: GM
Game Management: Manager
Player Acquistions via draft, trade and free agent: 90% GM / 10% Manager (These %’s can shift a bit when the Manager has a previous relationship with a trade or free agent target)

Game Management: 95% Manager / 5% GM (Hazen and Torey, on occasion, discuss in-game strategy and decision-making)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If he was, why were they kept getting sent down for other people to coach them?
I could be unaware of one… but is there a MLB team out there where the Manager of the big league team also manages the Triple A team?
“Other people coaching them” is what the farm is all about Jon…

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Torey plays an integral role in player development. He handles everything while they are on the team and he deserves credit for that.

What he doesn't is sending guys up and down. That's Hazen
Hazen and his staff execute the movement of players from the farm to the big league…with input from Torey. That input could be more, or, less, depending upon the player, the time of year and the conditions/standings at the time.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks | Stats & Info
@DbacksStatsInfo
·
13m

#Dbacks OF Pavin Smith in September:15 for 40 (.375), 11 R, 35 TB, 10 XBH (5 HR), 16 RBI, 9 BB, SB, .875 SLG
His 16 RBI are t-5th amongst all MLB players in Sept.The top 3 OPS % in all MLB in September belong to Eugenio Suarez, Randal Grichuk... and Pavin Smith

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been superr busy work/gf glad to see dbacks w few vs brewers

Goooo dbacks 420 banna kush hit to n wins :)

Btw how many gms left till poffs?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05