Arians' Path To The Draft

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I heard this many years ago. Supposedly, a "true" story. Many years ago they did a scientific research study involving rats. They placed a rat in a tub of deep water to see how long it would survive. I forget the exact details but it was something like 2-3 hours before the rat was completely exhausted and dipped beneath the surface ready to die. The research scientist reached in at the last possible moment and pulled the rat out to safety.

The next day they tried the same experiment. Well, this very same rat treaded water for something like 13 hours!! In the previous experiment it had only lasted a couple of hours before giving up. Somehow it knew/believed that IF it just keep trying...Kept going..kept holding onto HOPE...that the hand was going to come down from above again and save it!

So, put me squarely in the "hope" camp, my friends. :)
Besides, it's much easier on the heart!

GO CARDS! Mark in SC :)
Love it Mark..... Great story.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch (and anyone), should the Draft be called, "The Case of the Missing QB"? And the answer might well be the one we are targeting. You quote BA as saying that there are SIX QB's in the Draft that are pretty good (or something like that). But most of the draft pundits identify a Top Five as:
1. Smith
2. Manuel
3. Barkley
4. Nassib
5. Jones

So if BA says there are six top QB's, who is the missing QB?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Love it Mark..... Great story.

Lol sounds like the story from the movie where Tom Hanks was chasing diCaprio and the little mouse who kept churning away until it turned the milk into butter. Great until the IRS came and hauled the story teller off to jail. We just had a Coach who took Denny Green's 16-31 bunch to the SB and he couldn't get this group of clowns to win 6 games last year. They're still going to be featuring Candy and Nuts at the UPS concession stands this fall.

I just don't think you can win in the current NFL with second rate QBs and a bunch of rent-a-players.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Mitch (and anyone), should the Draft be called, "The Case of the Missing QB"? And the answer might well be the one we are targeting. You quote BA as saying that there are SIX QB's in the Draft that are pretty good (or something like that). But most of the draft pundits identify a Top Five as:
1. Smith
2. Manuel
3. Barkley
4. Nassib
5. Jones

Just a guess.. but Matt Scott. Or maybe the Duke QB.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Smith
2. Manuel
3. Barkley
4. Nassib
5. Jones

Tyler Wilson and Mike Glennon are rated higher than Landry Jones your number 5 guy by many draft pundits.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Love the whole contents of this post save Sissy's post. I too am on the hope positive side and I am willing to give this staff a chance to see where it all shakes out. I like the fact that they are involved and looking at every opportunity to improve this team.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with GMAbel380, that Matt Scott or possibly Bray (or Renfree from Duke) is the QB that BA is eyeing, and hoping to get after the second round. We should be able to get two starters in round one and two, if we don't select a QB. And yet, I'll be happy with a first round QB, because that tells me that BA feels he's a guy that can step in and start. I don't see one, but will give BA the benefit of doubt.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other teams have a higher ratio of hits to misses. More teams develop their youngster better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05