Arizona Cardinals @ Las Vegas Raiders pregame thread. 9/11/22-9/17/22

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That isn't what people debated. He has improved. Romo even mentioned this exact thing where he did checkdown Eno.

Obviously he missed a big play here, but this is being selective to prove a point without looking at all data.
Oh yes I personally debated them all last season. It happened. Clearly
Still happening. And there others during the game this last week. It is what it is he’s short and it affects his ability to see the field that much is clear.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes I personally debated them all last season. It happened. Clearly
Still happening. And there others during the game this last week. It is what it is he’s short and it affects his ability to see the field that much is clear.
Every QB misses plays in every game. Even Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers.

Whether you admit it or not, Kyler has improved every single year in the league.

You ignore what you don't agree with in order to bash what you do.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every QB misses plays in every. Even Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers.

You ignore what you don't agree with in order to bash what you do.

Yea no…. When you have pros literally saying on T.V. That it’s an issue that he needs to fix. It probably is.

Many of you will incessantly defend Kyler no matter what happens. Just like the poster that came in here yesterday and said Kyler had a 99.8 QBR for the game he’s not the problem. Lol smh….

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea no…. When you have pros literally saying on T.V. That it’s an issue that he needs to fix. It probably is.

Many of you will incessantly defend Kyler no matter what happens. Just like the poster that came in here yesterday and said Kyler had a 99.8 QBR for the game he’s not the problem. Lol smh….
The pro also said he did check it down. I can show you the tape.
Both can be true.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You’re just now being impressed by Connors catching ability? Did you watch last year? That’s not a rhetorical question
I knew that he was better than what I expected as a pass catcher, but have to admit I was most impressed by his TD runs. And even in the KC game, he continued to show the ability to "run it in".

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Jacob’s will run wild. Waller and Adams will be very tired after the game. Carr will set up shop waiting for a pass rush that will never get there.
This is another thrashing… maybe not as quite as bad as today. Da Raiders will score 30+…. We won’t.
or.... the raiders severely weak right side of their oline makes our rookies look all pro, and gets us all thinking they are better than they really are

pemory09

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After watching the "effort" on Sunday, I'd be fine with the the "watching television, playing video games or browsing the internet" text of the addendum added back in as permissable. If Kyler played Madden or browsed the web his play couldn't be any worse.... :hacker:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem isn't just Kyler missing wide open guys for big gains as he did with Eno. It's also that he often misses them and takes a negative play instead.

But the biggest concern is WHY he's missing these wide open guys. The top QB's and even the middling ones, read the defense against the play he is running and adjusts his reads based on that.

So in this case, knowing what was coming, he should have KNOWN pre snap that it was likely that Eno would be open for a big gain. Because he knows the WR's are in man coverage and they are going to clear out that area and Eno should have a tonne of space. But as you can see from the video, he never even looks that way.

And that is because, in my opinion he isn't doing any of what he should be. I don't think he's reading the defense at all, and if he's not doing that he's not adjusting his reads to make the most of what the defense is giving him.

Take the 3rd down pass to AJ Green that hit the CB in the back. That was the one and only read on that play even though he had a wide open Dortch for the 1st down.

This was the area he needed to improve the most and there's no sign of it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't just Kyler missing wide open guys for big gains as he did with Eno. It's also that he often misses them and takes a negative play instead.

But the biggest concern is WHY he's missing these wide open guys. The top QB's and even the middling ones, read the defense against the play he is running and adjusts his reads based on that.

So in this case, knowing what was coming, he should have KNOWN pre snap that it was likely that Eno would be open for a big gain. Because he knows the WR's are in man coverage and they are going to clear out that area and Eno should have a tonne of space. But as you can see from the video, he never even looks that way.

And that is because, in my opinion he isn't doing any of what he should be. I don't think he's reading the defense at all, and if he's not doing that he's not adjusting his reads to make the most of what the defense is giving him.

Take the 3rd down pass to AJ Green that hit the CB in the back. That was the one and only read on that play even though he had a wide open Dortch for the 1st down.

This was the area he needed to improve the most and there's no sign of it.
All of the above was what made Sunday’s game so alarming. I think this D is going to be horrific so for KC to make them look like it wasn’t a surprise.

But the offense and Kyler looking pretty inept was stunning to me. Hopefully that changes this week, but 7 points in the fourth quarter was disturbing. Only way this team gets better is if Kyler keeps improving. That didn’t happen in Week 1.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members