Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

http://ktar.com/22/1716602/Arizona-Cardinals-linebacker-Daryl-Washington-pleads-guilty

After originally pleading not guilty, Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington entered a guilty plea Monday in an assault case.

He was originally arrested in May following a conflict with his ex-girlfriend and charged with two counts of assault. He pleaded not guilty at the time.

Washington is scheduled to be sentenced April 23.

-------------------------------

Daryl Washington plead guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated assault. He will be sentenced on April 23, according to Darren Urban.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I knew about this Friday because I follow the case on occasion. Thought about posting about the hearing being set but I figured they probably wanted to keep it as quiet as possible.

I was at the courthouse today on another case and saw Daryl walking with his attorney. I figured doing the dirty bird in the middle of the courthouse wasn't appropriate so i just gave him the head nod and went on my way.

He's not all that big, probably too slow to play MLB in the NFL. We shouldn't draft him. He'll be a bust.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew about this Friday because I follow the case on occasion. Thought about posting about the hearing being set but I figured they probably wanted to keep it as quiet as possible.

I was at the courthouse today on another case and saw Daryl walking with his attorney. I figured doing the dirty bird in the middle of the courthouse wasn't appropriate so i just gave him the head nod and went on my way.

He's not all that big, probably too slow to play MLB in the NFL. We shouldn't draft him. He'll be a bust.

The dirty bird would have been awesome.

seesred

Reaction score
Whats next. We wait for the sentencing first and the we wait for the other sentence from the NFL. Or maybe deals were made already? Crime doesn't pay. This is not a way grown ups do things !!!!! Stupid.

GBR

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Sounds like a suspension is looming :bang:

IMO there's still only 1 real #58 & he flew to a cold weather city :p

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think he gets out of this without being suspended by the NFL. The only questions are how long it will be and who plays ILB for the Cards when he's out.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Washington gets suspended for 1 game. Maybe 2 at the most.

Alameda Ta'amu was suspended for 2 games his rookie year with the Steelers after he was arrested on “three felony counts of aggravated assault, a felony charge of fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer and a felony count of aggravated assault by vehicle while driving under the influence.”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't think he gets out of this without being suspended by the NFL. The only questions are how long it will be and who plays ILB for the Cards when he's out.

I'm guessing they agreed to plea guilty after consulting the DA and the NFL about potential punishment. I bet he get's 4-8 games suspended in the NFL and some sort of a suspended sentence and probation by the DA.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they agreed to plea guilty after consulting the DA and the NFL about potential punishment. I bet he get's 4-8 games suspended in the NFL and some sort of a suspended sentence and probation by the DA.

No way. If you look at previous suspensions for aggrivated assault charges that seems like way too many games.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score

Alameda Ta'amu was suspended for 2 games his rookie year with the Steelers after he was arrested on “three felony counts of aggravated assault, a felony charge of fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer and a felony count of aggravated assault by vehicle while driving under the influence.”
I hope you're right.

I hope you are wrong.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No way. If you look at previous suspensions for aggrivated assault charges that seems like way too many games.

If he wasn't coming off of another suspension for PED's, I'd agree..but this is now a 3rd offense, at least, in the eyes of the NFL.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the NFL has anything to do with his pleading guilty.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Reaction score

Strike 3 isn't gonna get him just 1 game...bet that! Doesn't matter if his suspensions are related for the same thing or not.

If he wasn't coming off of another suspension for PED's, I'd agree..but this is now a 3rd offense, at least, in the eyes of the NFL.

Yeppers! DWash isn't walking away lightly...Hopefully it's not 8 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, this is important. I don't think he will serve time in prison but perhaps have to do so called community service along with being on probation.

The NFL may suspend him for 2 games, I don't think any more. This has nothing to do with the suspension for taking PEDs or whatever. He also has kept out of trouble and kept a low profile for the past year. He seems to have learned from his mistakes.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I can't remember a 3rd strike? #1 Weed, #2 Assault, #3 ???

The NFL lets the 1st positive test slide I believe. The 2nd gets punishment or put into the program

his weed suspension is rumored to be his second dirty drug test. not sure that counts as two strikes though.

1) drugs
2) drugs
3) assault

I'm sure that's 3 bad marks against his NFL name :mad: