Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
exactly? we know he admitted to the law that he beat the woman. what more do we need to know?

bottom line, there's more evidence of guilt here with an admission of it, then evidence he's innocent, right?

bottom line for me is he's a two time offender for drugs and has now had to admit to the law that he was guilt in some kind of domestic abuse. if he was in any other uniform you'd be slamming his ass and rightfully so.

sucks...he's a great player on the field, but apparently a complete knucklehead off it.

Well, having seen enough of these cases, what we have here is a knucklehead reaction to an awful human being of a woman. Not an excuse to do what he pled guilty to doing, but I think we can all picture how it went down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, having seen enough of these cases, what we have here is a knucklehead reaction to an awful human being of a woman. Not an excuse to do what he pled guilty to doing, but I think we can all picture how it went down.

The woman who was assaulted is a horrible human being but the guy who assaulted her just had a knucklehead reaction? I'm guessing if anything BOTH a awful human beings here...and only one of them was charged by law and admitted guilt.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen I'm not going to sit here and say D wash ddnt screw up. But plainly put an admission of guilt means about jack squat as to his actions on said night. It could just be a plea deal with him not willing to risk a bleeding heart jury and their bias towards a woman "victim"

His lawyer probably recommended it. Many many many men have been screwed completely over in domestic cases simply because the victim is a "woman" and their word is taken too much as gospel.

On the other hand he could be a complete POS who just gets off on battering women.

It's impossible for anyone to know the truth unless they were in the room when it occurred. I'm not going to think less of him or hold him on some angel pedestal either. It is what it is.

Hell probably get 2 games and probation. Highly doubt the team would pay the 10.5 million bonus 2 weeks ago if they didn't know there was some closure to this. I for one am happy he's on the team he's a joy to watch on the field and makes us better! That's good enough for me!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do know this, with this third offense, Washington is for sure a complete moron off the field for getting himself in this position

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Listen I'm not going to sit here and say D wash ddnt screw up. But plainly put an admission of guilt means about jack squat as to his actions on said night. It could just be a plea deal with him not willing to risk a bleeding heart jury and their bias towards a woman "victim"

His lawyer probably recommended it. Many many many men have been screwed completely over in domestic cases simply because the victim is a "woman" and their word is taken too much as gospel.

On the other hand he could be a complete POS who just gets off on battering women.

It's impossible for anyone to know the truth unless they were in the room when it occurred. I'm not going to think less of him or hold him on some angel pedestal either. It is what it is.

Hell probably get 2 games and probation. Highly doubt the team would pay the 10.5 million bonus 2 weeks ago if they didn't know there was some closure to this. I for one am happy he's on the team he's a joy to watch on the field and makes us better! That's good enough for me!
Completely agree. A guilty plea here doesn't really prove anything other than him and his lawyer not feeling confident with this going in front of a jury.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do know this, with this third offense, Washington is for sure a complete moron off the field for getting himself in this position
A complete moron huh? For sure? The guy has made some mistakes that should not be condoned and he will deal with that. Next time that complete moron makes a play, be sure not to call him D-Wash, stick with the complete moron moniker you came up with. Maybe you can make T-shirts....for sure. The Cards just gave him a grip, and they are closer to him than we are. They must believe he is mentally stable and non moron enough to learn from his actions. Immature, new to money, hot headed, pot headed, even somebody that put his hands on a woman, all of these things can be left in the past if corrected.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Shane has it right.

Man, did I hate typing that :D .

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree guilty plea means jack squat in this case, except maybe the Cards said plead guilty make this go away.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you know he did it. All you know is he pleaded guilty.

Wait, what? It's not like he pleaded no contest. He pleaded guilty meaning he's admitting he did it. He admitted he beat a woman which makes him scum IMO. Unless she was coming at him with a weapon there's no excuse for beating a woman. Unless he comes out publicly humbled and apologizes for his actions and how there's no excuse for hitting women to me he'll be a POS.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

The voice of reason.

The key is that there is zero tolerance going forward. He needs to stay out of bars and away from this woman period!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes me sick for 2 reasons:

1. Dwash is a mess of a human being and screwing up my football team.
2. I DON'T FEEL LIKE CHEERING FOR A GUY THAT BEATS WOMEN!!!

I'm in the same boat man. Makes it hard for me to root for the guy. I don't really have an issue with him smoking pot though, I admit. I do have an issue with his assault. Its bad enough when a "normal" dude overpowers a weaker female, but I really become bothered when an exceptional athlete, with superior size and speed, uses that to intimidate and beat someone much weaker than him.

A lot of us have lost our temper with our wives or girlfriend, but to lack the character to keep your hands off a female is beyond excusable. That's my own personal feeling and I don't expect everyone to agree. I'm sure some will question her character or the way she handled it but the facts are what they are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Here is how I am taking it:

We dont know what happened. I am assuming she jumped on his back, he did a swim move/dirty bird combination as a reflex, she fell on her collar bone.

Now I dont feel guilty rooting for him.

Bottom line: we dont know what happened.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exactly? we know he admitted to the law that he beat the woman. what more do we need to know?

bottom line, there's more evidence of guilt here with an admission of it, then evidence he's innocent, right?

bottom line for me is he's a two time offender for drugs and has now had to admit to the law that he was guilt in some kind of domestic abuse. if he was in any other uniform you'd be slamming his ass and rightfully so.

sucks...he's a great player on the field, but apparently a complete knucklehead off it.

For pot, if youd like to call that "drugs"

we dont know that he "beat" her.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? It's not like he pleaded no contest. He pleaded guilty meaning he's admitting he did it. He admitted he beat a woman which makes him scum IMO. Unless she was coming at him with a weapon there's no excuse for beating a woman. Unless he comes out publicly humbled and apologizes for his actions and how there's no excuse for hitting women to me he'll be a POS.

Maybe she had a knife.

Maybe she wanted him to practise his bullrush and she was holding a giant ball and she went flying over the balcony.

Maybe they had been reading 50 shades of grey and he broke her doing some freaky ish.

No idea. It sucks but unless some details come out painting him as a scumbag who grabbed the woman and beat her down I am not going to look at him that way.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't agree guilty plea means jack squat in this case, except maybe the Cards said plead guilty make this go away.

If your judicial process is anything like ours, I'd expect a pre-sentence report, and should it pass muster, they may in fact further reduce the charge prior to sentencing.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This makes me sick for 2 reasons:

1. Dwash is a mess of a human being and screwing up my football team.
2. I DON'T FEEL LIKE CHEERING FOR A GUY THAT BEATS WOMEN!!!

I am with you all the way. It would not bother me at all if he gets a 8 or more game suspension. As a matter of fact I hope he gets a long suspension as he deserves it. It will bother me even more if he gets off with no jail time. The team will get along just fine without him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am with you all the way. It would not bother me at all if he gets a 8 or more game suspension. As a matter of fact I hope he gets a long suspension as he deserves it. It will bother me even more if he gets off with no jail time. The team will get along just fine without him.

All of this based on facts, which none of us know...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't why anyone would have a hard time cheering for Washington on the field? His personal life in just that, his personal life. I don't look to professional athletes as role models and I don't really care what they do off the field. Unfortunately this will probably have a negative affect on the Cardinals because he may face a suspension. I do have an issue with that and hope Washington finally understands that actions off the field can have consequences off of it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't why anyone would have a hard time cheering for Washington on the field? His personal life in just that, his personal life. I don't look to professional athletes as role models and I don't really care what they do off the field. Unfortunately this will probably have a negative affect on the Cardinals because he may face a suspension. I do have an issue with that and hope Washington finally understands that actions off the field can have consequences off of it.

Finally a "may" not "will"...

As we simply do not know how this case will be disposed or the Commissioner's reaction.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but he had not been instigated by his ex.
how is the position of his ex
she had some minor criminal record in the past instead of daryl
doesnt count this?
obviously he did something wrong but it wasnt his intention
he will do social services so i dont see why the league should suspend here when it was his first time he face some legal trouble.
the weed problem shouldnt count on this so i dont see the logic why he should be suspended

Last edited: