Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
tough subject matter,lol.

as far as DW pleading guilty....that means two things...Jack,...and ****. our court system is run on deals,...DA has to get their convictions...and a high profile athlete in a case like this has very little chance of winning in court....so you take the deal and make it all go away.

Pushing a woman?... On three separate occasions I called in Mesa PD for help due to my first wife getting violent....you know what their first action was every time?? to throw me down and subdue ME...regardless of the broken ribs I had in one instance, or the fat lip and bleeding eye in another...what they saw was a 290 pound body builder who could curl his body weight...who had tattoos,...and they assumed I was the bad guy....then when they learned the truth...the course of action at that point changed to ridicule the big tough guy that the little 160 pound girl hurt him...
guess what fellas....broken ribs hurt no matter how big you are,...or who broke them for you....when a hair brush gets broken over your head you bleed no matter who swung it...when your cordless phone gets broken on the counter then the sharp end of the plastic is jammed into your neck,...you bleed...
I was raised just like most of you fellas,...a man does not hit women.period. I even raised my son that way.... but after decades of double standards, being beaten and bloodied by wives or girlfriends and finding only ridicule if I try to get help...things changed for me. I don't give a ******** if it is male or female...90 pounds or 400 pounds,. 3 feet tall or 7 feet tall...I believe in equality,...if another person steps to me and proceeds to do me bodily harm my intention at that point is to put them to sleep...period.

call it wrong if you like....but here is the ultimate truth....NOBODY deserves to be abused be it male or female and ANYONE in such a situation has the right to defend themselves.

Reaction score

as far as DW pleading guilty....that means two things...Jack,...and ****. our court system is run on deals,...DA has to get their convictions...and a high profile athlete in a case like this has very little chance of winning in court....so you take the deal and make it all go away.

Pushing a woman?... On three separate occasions I called in Mesa PD for help due to my first wife getting violent....you know what their first action was every time?? to throw me down and subdue ME...regardless of the broken ribs I had in one instance, or the fat lip and bleeding eye in another...what they saw was a 290 pound body builder who could curl his body weight...who had tattoos,...and they assumed I was the bad guy....then when they learned the truth...the course of action at that point changed to ridicule the big tough guy that the little 160 pound girl hurt him...
guess what fellas....broken ribs hurt no matter how big you are,...or who broke them for you....when a hair brush gets broken over your head you bleed no matter who swung it...when your cordless phone gets broken on the counter then the sharp end of the plastic is jammed into your neck,...you bleed...
I was raised just like most of you fellas,...a man does not hit women.period. I even raised my son that way.... but after decades of double standards, being beaten and bloodied by wives or girlfriends and finding only ridicule if I try to get help...things changed for me. I don't give a ******** if it is male or female...90 pounds or 400 pounds,. 3 feet tall or 7 feet tall...I believe in equality,...if another person steps to me and proceeds to do me bodily harm my intention at that point is to put them to sleep...period.

call it wrong if you like....but here is the ultimate truth....NOBODY deserves to be abused be it male or female and ANYONE in such a situation has the right to defend themselves.

My uncles first wife broke a bottle over his head & knocked him out. When he came to she told him 2 guys jumped him & he went out looking for the 2 guys that didn't exist. She was evil.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some women are so evil that they can drive a man to do the unthinkable. I was raised with 7 sisters & I was told that I could NEVER, NEVER hit them. And I never did, even though they knew the house rules & antagonized me every chance they could.

My first wife had a prior marriage end when her husband got physical with her. While we were married, this woman drove me to the brink of insanity & I put my fist through a few walls to avoid her. After we split, she remarried & that marriage also ended with her getting beat up. Over the years, I've gotten to know each of these ex-husbands. Neither had ever hit a woman in their life & both have since remarried & have great families. They both regret what they did, but both agreed that that woman just drove them to the point of insanity.

I'm not condoning any of this, but we really don't know what happened behind closed doors in that case. I'll let the courts pass judgment, because there are always crazy variables involved.

I used to help my old boss with the DV calendar in an impoverished town here in AZ with a mainly minority population. He was contracted as the defense attorney for most of the cases, and we would run a long calendar once a week.

Yes, there were cases of one party abusing the other, but I would say the majority of the time one person pushed the other to the absolute brink. Many of the "victims" lied, and many "victims" were the aggressors but wouldn't get in trouble because they were the ones to call the police. Very rarely were both parties charged.

The two stories I quoted were more along the lines of the majority of the cases we had. It's not black and white. Frankly, a man should never hit a woman, but a woman shouldn't hit a man and NEITHER of them should be such a terrible human being that it drives the other to even think about punching or hitting them.

I do believe, from my experience and the pieces I have heard of the DW story, that he made a very poor choice when he slept with this woman, and she probably pushed him to the edge. Nothing pisses a father off more than a woman who is controlling over when and how he can see his kid. It makes people irrational. Not an excuse, but it is certainly a mitigating factor in how he will be sentenced and ultimately what his punishment will be from the NFL.

What might screw him is this whole Ray Rice scenario. That case is huge news, and the charges are somewhat similar. Lets just hope Rice's case gets pushed to next offseason so DW can take his punishment before Rice's case sets a precedent.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an ex girlfriend tried to run me over with her car.... 3 times. I was a slow learner. I didn't hit her . I ran.
:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ditto.

Don't know wtf is driving the opposite approach.

I don't know. Maybe that no one is saying its just as wrong for a guy who is an NFL LB at 6'2"238 to hit a male who is 5'9" and 160lbs. In fact many men tend to think that if the 6'2" guy beats up the 5'9'' guy the LB is a real man and if the 5'9" guy avoids the fight the smaller guys a wuss.

It's that double standard that makes some of the comments here sexist as far as I'm concerned.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Some women are so evil that they can drive a man to do the unthinkable. I was raised with 7 sisters & I was told that I could NEVER, NEVER hit them. And I never did, even though they knew the house rules & antagonized me every chance they could.

My first wife had a prior marriage end when her husband got physical with her. While we were married, this woman drove me to the brink of insanity & I put my fist through a few walls to avoid her. After we split, she remarried & that marriage also ended with her getting beat up. Over the years, I've gotten to know each of these ex-husbands. Neither had ever hit a woman in their life & both have since remarried & have great families. They both regret what they did, but both agreed that that woman just drove them to the point of insanity.

I'm not condoning any of this, but we really don't know what happened behind closed doors in that case. I'll let the courts pass judgment, because there are always crazy variables involved.

This doesn't count, you know a sister (you had 7 of them) and a sibling yet on top of it is going to do that every chance they get. It's the sibling way. ;)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I used to help my old boss with the DV calendar in an impoverished town here in AZ with a mainly minority population. He was contracted as the defense attorney for most of the cases, and we would run a long calendar once a week.

Yes, there were cases of one party abusing the other, but I would say the majority of the time one person pushed the other to the absolute brink. Many of the "victims" lied, and many "victims" were the aggressors but wouldn't get in trouble because they were the ones to call the police. Very rarely were both parties charged.

The two stories I quoted were more along the lines of the majority of the cases we had. It's not black and white. Frankly, a man should never hit a woman, but a woman shouldn't hit a man and NEITHER of them should be such a terrible human being that it drives the other to even think about punching or hitting them.

I do believe, from my experience and the pieces I have heard of the DW story, that he made a very poor choice when he slept with this woman, and she probably pushed him to the edge. Nothing pisses a father off more than a woman who is controlling over when and how he can see his kid. It makes people irrational. Not an excuse, but it is certainly a mitigating factor in how he will be sentenced and ultimately what his punishment will be from the NFL.

What might screw him is this whole Ray Rice scenario. That case is huge news, and the charges are somewhat similar. Lets just hope Rice's case gets pushed to next offseason so DW can take his punishment before Rice's case sets a precedent.

Well this has a whole new turn to it. It's been reported that Rice and his girlfriend just got married so I am left to wonder if the wife doesn't have to testify rule now applies here or if the charges are going to be dropped. How do you marry a guy you accused of assaulting you and then marry him 2 weeks later??????

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Q- was it necessary to title this thread the verbose "Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty"

I suspect had you just said "DW pleads guilty", we wouldnt have thought you were talkin about DarkWing Duck

You must be registered for see images attach

Lets get dangerous

it is the offseason

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score